Thank You Ali for "Please" on the 3rd leg.:-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicaMom

Den Mother
Well my heart is where it's always been, my head i
From Rollinstone interview with bono:
"I got a call from Ali, my wife, the other day. She was just trying to get rid of stuff at home and found a videotape of us on the MTV Video Music Awards a few years ago in New York doing the song "Please." She said she thought it was one of our worst performances but told me to go back and listen to the song. I put it on and I couldn't believe what I heard. ["September, streets capsizing/Spilling over down the drain/Shards of glass splinters like rain/But you could only feel your own pain . . . October, talk getting nowhere/November, December; remember/We just started again."] It's essentially about fundamentalism, political or religious. Religious fundamentalism is where you get to shrink God; you remake God in your own image, as opposed to the other way around. It gave me a bit of a fright, and we're going to put it back into our show."

Great song, great lyrics, great performance on Tuesday. I'm glad they played it.

------------------
nellie

Originally posted by nellie:
Great song, great lyrics, great performance on Tuesday. I'm glad they played it.

YES! I was so happy when they played it in Oakland! Wonderful, wow thanks Ali!
smile.gif

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 11-19-2001).]

YAAAAAAAAAAAY ali!!!

You know I love the way they've been playing it accoustic...it sounds just so beautiful, moving, just lovely...I never thought I would hear this song accoustic much less ever again really, but I love it
biggrin.gif
It's my man's favourite song too
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

That's so cool!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

WAIT!!!!!!! I was amazed by those lyrics like the DAY after the attack!! THIS MEANS IM COOLER THAN ALI AND NEED TO BE MARRIED TO BONO!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!

I noticed em very shortly after the attack too! I'm like some sort of uberBonoesque genius or something

Back
Top Bottom