Test Your U2 Live Knowledge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the answer seems like it would obviously be streets, because of that i will pick bullet

they played streets for every show during elevation, they didnt play bullet once

they played both for every show for popmart as far as i know, same with zootv

so that leaves joshua tree tour and lovetown...i cant imagine them not playing streets for those, sooooo, maybe it is streets

According to the tour-site http://www.elevation-tour.com WTSHNN was played 505 times and BTBS was played 506 times! So Bullet wins! :lol:

BTW, Chizip, U2 did play Bullet almost every night during the Elevation Tour (IIRC, they only didn't play it at the Notre Dame show).

Sorry to spoil the party. :)

C ya!

Marty

yes, i was at that show, so then what 2 shows did they not play streets? man i would have been pissed if i were at one of those shows

also, does this count the superbowl halftime show? that was a live performance and they played streets, so maybe its tied...

Bullet I think. (I haven't read the other responses yet... the answer may have been revealed, I don't know.) I read that they didn't play Streets a few times in the Joshua Tree tour (2nd leg I think).

Actually, the count for BTBS should be 507. The database on that site has one entry for Gloria Bullet The Blue Sky, while the two songs should be separated.

As for where the difference is, those mostly occurred during the Joshua Tree Tour. Sometimes they opened with their version of Stand By Me, singing along with the tape that played during the build-up of U2's set.

C ya!

Marty

Chizip said:
they played streets for every show during elevation, they didnt play bullet once

:shocked:

You do have Go home and Live in Boston don't you?

But, seriously, it's really surprising how Bullet has been played once more than Streets. But for those who guessed correct....BOOYA!

Last edited:
Originally posted by

:shocked:

You do have Go home and Live in Boston don't you?

But, seriously, it's really surprising how Bullet has been played once more than Streets. But for those who guessed correct....BOOYA!

I think he/she meant that they didn't play Bullet only once, at one show.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, yes i guess i did word that confusingly

the new question is will they retire either of these songs for the new tour?

i dont think they'd ever leave streets out of a show again, but i could see bullet taking a seat, we shall see

I, regrettably, have to say I could see Bullet... taking a break. BUT wishful thinking places this idea into my head...

What if U2 found a new way of playing Bullet...? Nothing too drastic, the whole song intact, but perhaps in a new style. (If I'm thinking correctly that U2 are currently recording/have recorded many new songs with a fresh new sound...)

Have a look at all of the last tours - Bullet hasn't stayed in one style for long, so I'd imagine that they'd want to come up with a new way to perform it for this tour, otherwise it will end up being left off the setlist for at least a few nights, though it won't be fully scrapped and I doubt it ever will be.

Streets, on the other hand, pretty much HAS to stay in the setlist. There'd be a revolution if it was omitted.

Agreed. It would be like going to see a film and watching all those compulsory adverts at the beginning, then....NO MOVIE! Shame they didn't do that for Men In Black II...

Back
Top Bottom