Tell me something I don't know.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooh yeah, and everyone knows The Edge's nickname has something to do with the shape of his head, but in Bono on Bono, Bono says its also because The Edge used to like walking on the edges of things, ie buildings, bridges, very high walls.

Great read that book:wink:

Last edited:
U2 were due to share the stage at Live Aid with Big Country but the wife of BC's guitarist went into labour that day..... :ohmy:

thrillme said:
I know a website that could give more information about U2, perhaps more than anyone would wanna know, but posting it would kill the thread. ;)

Thrillme, good you don't spoil it for the rest, please, but could you spoil it for me? Can you send me the URL via mail?

svsilvia at telefonica dot net

Thanks a million!!!

LuvandPeace1980 said:
I have something:
When Bono was performing in my home city in Perth on February 17th 1998 at the Perth Superdome(Shittest Venue on Earth) the entire floor was seated. I was one of them in the seats right near the Popmart b-stage. At the end of Until The End Of The World or LNOE Bono screamed into the microphone.. "we have to get rid of these fucking seats" pointint to the very front section of the audience. The next night on the new he said he was"pissed off because some of the audience down the front were rattling their jewellry"

Where you from?

And I was at Popmart but remember very little (was 12).

How about this silly little factoid? You know the video for Where the Streets have no Name? Well, at the end of the video as the song is closing out and radio narration is occurring, they show scenes of the crowd on the street below. In particular the camera zooms to man thumbing through a newspaper on a paper box. Pretty clear shot of the guy too, you can't miss him.

In 1988 I ran into this guy in Seattle, and I would not have known it was him, but he claimed to be that guy and told me to look at the video -- and sure enough it really was him, it was obvious. He told me he was thumbing through the LA Times looking to see if the rooftop concert was listed. The shot was taken when U2 just started singing on the rooftop.

I would see this guy at local political/activist gatherings here in Seattle, and one day he confessed to me that he was a fugitive. His crime: while working for the second largest adult magazine publisher (hint: PH), in LA, in a rage he through away piles of photos, negatives, etc. The claim was they were worth millions of dollars. He was on the run and went by the name Justice. That was all in 1988. I wonder what happened to the guy? Sigh.

The song at the beginning of Red Rocks is called "Theme from Harry's Game" by Clannad of which new age diva, Enya (whom I love) was a founding member.

Adam's bass once registered on the Richter Scale in Brussels (I forget which tour it was). It took a little time for scientists to discover the tremor was caused not by an eathquake, but by the U2 bassist!

Is this rock 'n roll?

Lewis12 said:
How about this silly little factoid? You know the video for Where the Streets have no Name? Well, at the end of the video as the song is closing out and radio narration is occurring, they show scenes of the crowd on the street below. In particular the camera zooms to man thumbing through a newspaper on a paper box. Pretty clear shot of the guy too, you can't miss him.

In 1988 I ran into this guy in Seattle, and I would not have known it was him, but he claimed to be that guy and told me to look at the video -- and sure enough it really was him, it was obvious. He told me he was thumbing through the LA Times looking to see if the rooftop concert was listed. The shot was taken when U2 just started singing on the rooftop.

I would see this guy at local political/activist gatherings here in Seattle, and one day he confessed to me that he was a fugitive. His crime: while working for the second largest adult magazine publisher (hint: PH), in LA, in a rage he through away piles of photos, negatives, etc. The claim was they were worth millions of dollars. He was on the run and went by the name Justice. That was all in 1988. I wonder what happened to the guy? Sigh.

Best. Post. Ever. Great story.

ree5669 said:
The song at the beginning of Red Rocks is called "Theme from Harry's Game" by Clannad of which new age diva, Enya (whom I love) was a founding member.

Whoops, a little error here: "Harrys Game" is correct, Clannad is correct. Enya, not quiet right. The founding member and singer of Clannad is Maire Brennan. BUT! Enya is Maire's younger sister! Enya was never a member of Clannad. Last but not least, Bono was in a Clannad video, "In a Lifetime", which is one of my all time favorite U2 videos (minus the other three members of course). I have a video tape of it still from 1984/85.

Enya was never a member of Clannad

I stand semi-corrected ;). I did know she helped out in some capacity. I went to http://www.jtwinc.com/clannad/clannad.faq.txt and found this:

Enya is the younger sister of Maire, Ciaran, and Paul. She
assisted Clannad on and off for years. In 1978 she played
keyboard for the album 'Crann Ull' and would later perform
vocals on 'Fuaim' in 1982. After Fuaim, she left the band to
seek her own solo career, phoneticizing her name, originally
'Eithne', to Enya.

So apparently she was a member for some period of time. I was very close. I should have left out the word "founding". Thanks, it gave me a chance to read up on them a bit more. :)

Last edited:
ree5669

Sorry if I sounded a little anal about all that. Yeah, 9 points out of 10 on the board for you. I'm down 1 though also, since I did not know she ever played with Clannad!

Back
Top Bottom