Tell me about this song; Part 2: I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's just "I'm Not Your Baby" without the vocals.

Boring as all hell.

"I'm Not Your Baby" is a great song, though. It's on the soundtrack to The End of the Violence and is a gritty tune with Bono and Sinead O'Connor sharing the lead vocal.

The two "Dirty Day" remixes that are on the "Please" single with the Skysplitter Dub are worthwhile too, although the better of the two is on the B-Sides disc. And if you don't have the single version of "Please" that's also on that disc, then you should run out and find the PopHeart EP right now.

Last edited:
martha said:
I don't own this. Should I?

:wave: Hi Marty!

Are you talking to me?
Are you talking to ME?

:wave:

Oh, OK then.

Like typhoon said, it's basically the original version without vocals (although I'm still thinking Howie B did some more remixing with it). However, unlike typhoon I don't think it's boring like hell

*runs out to listen to the song*
(because you are asking this I'm interupting this great ska instrumental that's currently playing Harry J Allstars - The Liquidator :p)

*listening to it now*

IMO, I'm Not Your Baby was the best song U2 released in 1997, so for me just hearing an instrumental version of it is great. But I think you do have to be a bit appreciative of instrumental songs/dub versions to like this one.

*Skysplitter Dub has ended, immediately goes to listen to the original version*

Hmm, it seems that the Skysplitter Dub is more than just an instrumental version, at certainly has less drums in the beginning.

So, if you're a U2 completist (like poor me is) then you want to have this one. But if you are then you want to have every song U2 has ever released (including 15 remixes of Lemon, 12 of Discotheque and 7 of Two Hearts Beat As One, and... you get my drift :)). It's not an essential U2 track (the remix that is, the original version on The End Of Violence soundtrack is required for every U2 fan!)

C ya!

Marty (who's going to put in his ska CD and start listening to the original Rivers Of Babylon)

typhoon said:
The two "Dirty Day" remixes that are on the "Please" single with the Skysplitter Dub are worthwhile too, although the better of the two is on the B-Sides disc.

No way man the Bitter Kiss mix is the better of the two!! :wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom