Target slack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Well as soon as I got in my car this morning- heard on the radio the announcement about U2's album in Target. followed up by

"Only Target?"
"Yes, exclusive to Target stores... Well who do you think sponsored their last tour?!"
all: "TARGET!"

mad.gif

...sorry just had to vent. rrrrrrr.

------------------
Not suckin on my thumb
Staring at the sun

www.u2takemehigher.com

Macphisto Society: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

so that's why bono's star was red.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

Well, at least the Target dog was never on stage.
wink.gif
And at least they never wore t-shirts w/ the Target logo.
wink.gif

But I never heard that Target was a sponsor-I know MTV and VH1 were.

confused.gif

This reminds me of the chat I was in last night at murmurs.com, I was telling them all that the next tour is Tar Mart (yeah, not very original I know..) If you want a good laugh, read this thread from there, they are all complaining about it, and it just got so ridiculous...

http://tony.murmurs.com/showthread.php?threadid=18274&referrerid=439

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

BeLIEve everything you hear on your local radio station (or newspaper, television)?

Target didn't sponsor Elevation folks....we would have heard more about it! It would have been on our tickets (Gina Marie was right, VH-1 and MTV), on the posters, and probably on the T-shirts and Tour Programs too.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
BeLIEve everything you hear on your local radio station (or newspaper, television)?

Target didn't sponsor Elevation folks....we would have heard more about it! It would have been on our tickets (Gina Marie was right, VH-1 and MTV), on the posters, and probably on the T-shirts and Tour Programs too.

Um, I know that Target didn't sponser Elevation Tour.

It just pisses me off that b/c of this latest collaboration people think they did- U2 don't sell out
smile.gif

------------------
Not suckin on my thumb
Staring at the sun

www.u2takemehigher.com

Macphisto Society: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

I don't think Target sponsored the Elevation tour in any way, shape or form.

BUT, even if they did, so what?!?! I just do NOT understand the hostility toward corporate sponsorship. Sure, U2 have always taken pride in not having to have their tours sponsored by corporations, good for them. But if it got to the point where the only way I could see them was if they were sponsored by a corporation, BIG DEAL. I mean, if someone came up to me two years ago and said "hey, U2 is planning on coming to Seattle as part of a new world tour to promote the new album, but since they lost so much money during the Popmart tour, the only way they will be able to afford to come there is to have Target sponsor their tour", I think I would rather see U2, knowing that Target is sponsoring them, rather than not see them at all. I don't think that's "selling out", and I don't think it would change U2. I think that U2 is classy enough to keep being who they are, and who they have always been, regardless of who is helping them out financially. I mean, VH1 and MTV sponsored the Popmart tour! (and I believe Elevation as well) Do people not realize that VH1 and MTV are owned by corporations? That didn't change who U2 were at all. Do people not realize that many of the souveniers they take home after the concert are manufactured by a corporation?

The point is that I get to see the best band in the world play, regardless of whether or not it takes financial assistance from the deep pockets of a successful corporation or two.

I saw a video clip of Bono saying something like:
"We're not opposed to corportate sponship really. If we could get someone to sponsor us without us having to kiss their ass, we would."

I just don't want to go to a show and have giant Target bullseyes all over the place. That would totally ruin the atmosphere. Also it's only a step away from having U2 do commercials, which hopefully will never happen. And besides, I see it as unfair to the little guys if Target gets this CD first and everyone who wants it has to go there. Same with Best Buy getting the DVD first. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Might be a good idea to call or e-mail your ignorant radio station and let them know that U2 have not officially sold out.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Back
Top Bottom