Tallest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't think that i'm crazy fanatic, i have one poster of them and i can't tell who is, so i want to find out

I think Adam is probably tallest...Bono is definitely shortest anyway! The only reason he doesn't look much smaller than the other 3 is because he's the "Frontman". Just as well really...:wink:
:scratch: Adam, Larry, Edge and Bono (Tallest - Shortest) I reckon. I've probably got this totally wrong though, so feel free to piss on this post.

Isn't Larry the second shortest? God we have to much time on our hands. lol

i think it goes as follows:

Edge 5 foot 10
Adam, roughly the same
Bono 5 foot 8
Larry, 5 foot 8 at his tallest.

I think that larry really is the shortest.

I've always read:

Adam - 5ft 10
Edge - 5ft 10
Larry - 5ft 8
Bono - 5ft 7

I think we'll never know for sure, especially with Bono and his damn platforms. Someone needs to get a metre stick or something when they meet them and solve the mystery.

Yahweh_OMG said:
http://u2str.free.fr/profil.htm

Adam 1m79
Edge 1m79
Bono 1m72
Larry 1m70

Well I'm at work.... so I have nothing else to do :wink:

:ohmy:

:scratch: Call me sceptical, but I'd have to get them to stand back to back before I believe that ("Now Bono, no tiptoes")! C'mon, Larry looks taller than Bono, even when he's standing miles behind him!

:hmm: Fair enough then - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt Yahweh! Boston will be my choice of viewing entertaiment tonight then! Woohoo! :hyper:

Larry's been wearing platforms even before Bono (mind you. Bono was wearing the heeled boots and all)... I'd say Larry is marginally taller than Bono but not by much...

And why oh lord why did I join this thread? :huh:

Group18.jpg

Group80c.jpg

Last edited:
Yahweh_OMG said:
http://u2str.free.fr/profil.htm

Adam 1m79
Edge 1m79
Bono 1m72
Larry 1m70

Well I'm at work.... so I have nothing else to do :wink:

Ok, I can't believe I just joined this thread either:reject: but there is no way on Earth Bono is 1m72. That's my height (5'8'') and Bono is definately quite shorter than me. Don't forget that he's almost always wearing platforms, and still he is shorter than most people he is standing besides on pictures and stuff.

The first time I saw Bono in person, he was wearing flip-flops (tiny sandals), and he was VERY short, no more than 5'6'', I can garantee. I also think that he's the shortest for sure, although Larry and Edge are also not very tall. Adam is definately the tallest of the four.

Last edited:
oceane said:

The first time I saw Bono in person, he was wearing flip-flops (tiny sandals), and he was VERY short, no more than 5'6'', I can garantee.

I was just gonna post about that... LOL! I think I read an article where Gavin or Guggi let it slip that he's really only 5'6". Whoops! :lmao:

Although I'm one to talk, because I'm 3 inches shorter than that... (Grr).

<--runs out of thread *G*

Last edited:
From U2FAQs.com:

5. How tall is Bono?

He's not.

In previous versions of the FAQS, their heights were listed as: Bono 5'-8, Edge 5'-10, Adam 5'-10, and Larry 5'-7. These were supplied years ago by someone associated with the U2 World Service, making them the closest thing to "official" we have. But each height listed is generally considered to be a couple inches too tall by fans who have stood next to a band member. Bono's friend Gavin Friday has let it slip that Bono is 5'-6-and-a-half.

Back
Top Bottom