Taliban vows to burn US humanitarian aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamanthaPuff

War Child
I can't believe this. I just heard on the news that the Taliban has vowed to burn the food and medicine and other supplies the US has been air-dropping to refugees. They are also beating refugees and using them to dig trenches for war. The people don't like the Taliban and say they will return home if the Taliban falls from power.

So isn't this sick? What do y'all think of somebody who would burn the goodwill humanitarian supplies? Do they hate us that much that they want their own people to die? Do they think this makes us look bad instead of them? We all know they are twisted and insane, and this is only more evidence.

------------------
~some days are better than others~

I will be so glad when those sick "people" -if they can be called that-are wiped off the face of the planet. Their intentions and rhetoric combined with the campaign they have carried out for the last few years proves without a doubt they are to be dealt with in a "special" way. I feel confident in the world leaders united in the coalition forces empowering our militaries to be "judge, jury, & executioneer" to those who would poison our society even from confinement.

Our kids will grow up in a better place, and maybe we can return to our normal lives and concentrate on building lives for ourselves, our families, and our communities.

You're right z edge! I agree 100%

I also just heard that the anthrax in FL WAS madmade and likely stolen from a lab in Iowa! It WAS intentionally planted as a small biological attack. That's scary. They said that a letter had been written to Jennifer Lopez with a soapy substance containing anthrax spores. It was never mailed. Does this mean celebrities are now targets?

------------------

They hate us ALL, I believe they do not discriminate. That is why I want a safer world for those of us who are decent people to live. That is why I want them just to die and quit their hate campaigns towards "the great satan". They obviously know nothing about satan, but it is my belief they soon will.

insinuating that people are going to hell and the replying to that by "laugh my ass off" is trully scary.

are we all thinking of the same hell here? it is true, that if you do believe in what the bible calls hell, you wouldnt want your worst enemy to go there.

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by Quano Abidji-Achibi:

are we all thinking of the same hell here? it is true, that if you do believe in what the bible calls hell, you wouldnt want your worst enemy to go there.

Oh, go to hell already!
wink.gif

O.K., seriously....

Wishing anyone to hell is indeed cruel. But then, isn't purposely killing thousands of people, purposely starving people, purposely letting them die due to disease infinitely more cruel? If there is a heaven and a hell as the Bible describes, then God judges there - and no person is above God. Even if we think these people should go to hell, only God can make that decision. However, on earth, we have the power to prevent a "living hell." And while one could argue for eternity about U.S. transgressions, to purposely destroy precious food and medicine to kill one's own people is equivalent to mass murder. This is far, far worse than taking a momentary delight in believing that these people may go to hell. Please never compare the two again.
mad.gif

I never said I wanted them to go to hell. I want them to halt immediately their actions, and IMO that means they must die. IMO they will never ever do this on their own while they are alive. If they die, what happens to their immortal soul is between GOD and them, not I.

I would never wish anyone to hell ever no matter what. Even though it is concieveable that some of their victims may not have had that same consideration from them.

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 10-10-2001).]

in all honesty, deathbear, why are you so troubled about people's remarks about the Taliban, but you do not seem troubled by the actions of the Taliban themselves?

From now on, everytime I see you sin in these forums, I'm going to call you on it.

~U2Alabama

Isn't this the United States' fault too? Come on, I know there are some of you out there who will blame the U.S. for not sending the food & medicine in fire-proof packages. Out with it, already.

they can do whatever they want with it...

at least we sent it...

and as long as it doesnt get in to the Taliban idiots some people will get to use it.

Also, when I first saw this thread title I thought they were going to burn people who were there doing humanitarian aid, not the airdrops! Thank God it is only the airdrops...

if you are so much above me bama, then you wont point out all my sins.

bama, come on, you should be agreeing with me on this anyway! i mean really hell is HELL. noone NOONE wants to go there and we shouldnt hope anyone does go there.

why is that so bad that i say that?

------------------
-death bear

The Taliban have already been hurting their own people for years. Before 1996 the women there were teachers, doctors, lawyers, etc, and the Taliban took that all away. If they show too much ankle they are beaten, wear nail polish and they cut off their fingers. The taliban are all sad, sick little men and this is why we must rid the world of them...

Yes, these cretins do far worse than making refugees dig trenches.Denying those people food doesnt even touch on it.
They have been doing so for years and sorry if I seem unChristian but they can rot in hell for all I care.
Executing their own countrymen and women in a packed stadium like something out of Roman times is beyond the point of no return. Parading around the streets with the hands and feet of people who have stolen food, beating women for not covering every inch of skin, hanging so called sinners in the streets on cranes, murdering men in front of their families...
This is not only what they do, but what they parade in front of their children.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
...sorry if I seem unChristian but they can rot in hell for all I care.

<shock><horror>
Don't let deathbear hear/see you say that!

This is truly a horrible thing but its not unexpected. The Taliban have lots of food including literally tons of humanitarian aid sent there to help feed the people who have been starving for years due to famine. But if the people don't eat, they become weak. If they are weak, they will not have the energy to put up a fight. If they can't fight, the Taliban stays in power.

When I first heard about some of the things the Taliban was makings its women do and how these American celebrities were talking about how it is wrong, my first thought was "Of course, once again America tries to push its beliefs on another country. Its their religion, their beliefs, we can't speak against it just because its not American." And maybe at first it was just a religious thing. But I've come to realize none of this has any basis in religion. Its really opression.

good point sharky, about the food. i think it's important to realize that the majority of afghanis do NOT want the Taliban as their leadership, but are unwilling and unable to speak out against them or even rise up against them because they are so oppressed.

you are absolutely right in that one of the tools the Taliban use is to keep the food to themselves so that the people stay weak and ill, amongst other things, unable to provide any resistence to them.

SIGH-HUFF. This is an example of how stopping poverty over there is so impossible. These people are truly crazy.
frown.gif

Before you can help the entire attitude and mindset would have to be changed, and that is not likely. They just think and believe a different way. Even our help is 'evil' to them. What can you do? It would take generations, if ever, to change things. That's not helping us now with the ones that are already dangerous.

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 10-11-2001).]

msu2mike: perhaps i should just agree with what you have to say with everything. shock horror gasp where are my kittens! i cant believe zoomanda has a different opinion than mine!!!!!! oh no!!!!! for sure i will not like her now!!! i will blacklist her, and remove her from my messenger list!!! i hate you amanda!!!!! i cant believe how you cant agree with me on this issue!!!! you are an unchristian BECAUSE you dont agree with me, and cause mikeu2.com whatever says glah!!!

because i said hell was a horrible place and that we should be careful how we talk about it, IM getting bashed.

well 80's and bama where are ya now?!!? shouldnt YOU be agreeing with me on this??? or is it only bad to hope people go to hell if they are exactly like "us?"

pull the trigger rock and roll figure!!!

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
msu2mike: perhaps i should just agree with what you have to say with everything.

well 80's and bama where are ya now?!!? shouldnt YOU be agreeing with me on this??? or is it only bad to hope people go to hell if they are exactly like "us?"

Well, zoomerang96, I don't know what to say!

You seem to chastize MSU2Mike for expecting you to agree with him, then you expect me and polka king to agree with YOU!

I agree that hell is a bad place, and I try very hard not to judge people as Christ told us not to judge unless we are without sin. Well, I fall short of the glory, then, because I do believe The Osama to be a bad man, and I think that each of the hijackers got express trips to hell when they crashed those civilian airplanes into occupied buildings. Sorry for the disagreement with you on this one. It's really not a disagreement - I guess you're right; I'm just not as righteous as you.

Late - u2b

U
B
a
m
a

"I guess you're right; I'm just not as righteous as you."

it took you long enough to realize this. right matt?

------------------
-death bear

[This message has been edited by Zoomerang96 (edited 10-11-2001).]

For a long while now Ive been saying I dont want to see war, and I dont like the violence etc. But Ive come to one conclusion, Im so sick to death of reading all this shit about these goddamn jackasses, I dont think I care anymore if not one single taliban member lives through this. Who could care? I dont give flying fuck anymore, they make me sick. Their lack of respect for their fellow man is something I have not encountered before and cannot for he life of me comprehend. They show not one shred of decency in the smallest detail of their lives. God damn them. I dont care if they are blown from hee to Kingdom Come. And I will be surprised and will struggle to understand if anyone else does. Each to their own, but enough's enough. They dont give a shit about the miracle of life, so why should I give a flying fuck about theirs?
It doesnt seem like we are dealing with other human beings anymore does it?

Plain and simple:

Islamic extremists (not all Muslims or Islamic people)

=

Present day Nazi party.

Look back and see how they treat ALL others besides their men (correction: their men with the correct length beards.)

It is very scary. These people should not be allowed to exist. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, women, men, and children have to rise up against these terrorists. If not, we will see another 1940 except instead of Berlin being the epicenter, some cave just north of Kabul will be...

------------------
"...I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky, and the the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill..."

NYC RIP

You know, living 4 blocks from the WTC isn't so bad. Being in an area that has helocopters and buildings quaranteened isn't so bad. So, like Deathbear says, let's give peace a chance here. What's a little anthrax to some poor, innocent working fellow? The important thing here is that we don't offend anybody or any religion and that we respect the rights of the Taliban and Bin laden.

Originally posted by wolfwill23:
Rono,
Move to Afganistan. Get the hell out of America!!! You know what? We shouldn't be dropping any aid at all!!! And they're not burning it. They may burn some to play up to the camera (which these terrorists have become very good at) but c'mon. Let's think about this. You're in a country where the main form of transportation is donkey and you're going to turn down free food? I'm a college student and I would never turn down free food. F the Taliban and Bin laden, drop more bombs and may he burn in hell.
smile.gif

Ok, i will move to the netherlands.

And in Afganistan, they know what peanutbutter is now.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
For a long while now I've been saying I dont want to see war, and I dont like the violence etc. But Ive come to one conclusion, Im so sick to death of reading all this shit about these goddamn jackasses, I dont think I care anymore if not one single taliban member lives through this. Who could care? I dont give flying fuck anymore, they make me sick. Their lack of respect for their fellow man is something I have not encountered before and cannot for he life of me comprehend. They show not one shred of decency in the smallest detail of their lives. God damn them. I dont care if they are blown from hee to Kingdom Come. And I will be surprised and will struggle to understand if anyone else does. Each to their own, but enough's enough. They dont give a shit about the miracle of life, so why should I give a flying fuck about theirs?
It doesnt seem like we are dealing with other human beings anymore does it?

I hear ya Angela. That is the point I have reached as well. Having sympathy for them, or even believing being nice to them will help at this point in useless and naive. They must be dealt with, then we can go on from there. These idiots are sicker than serial killers. The whole world is in danger.
Look at the anthrax crap today! This is a different situation from anything we have dealt with in the past, and peace and kindess do no good here, even our humanitarian aid is destroyed. They are frightening, extreme, and irrational. Things that help in other situations do not apply here. I really don't give a crap what happens to them, and the sooner it happens to them the better off all the rest of us will be.

------------------

Originally posted by ouizy:
Plain and simple:

Islamic extremists (not all Muslims or Islamic people)

=

Present day Nazi party.

Yeah, the same you can say about christian
exstremists.

Back
Top Bottom