Taliban vows to burn US humanitarian aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
I can't believe this. I just heard on the news that the Taliban has vowed to burn the food and medicine and other supplies the US has been air-dropping to refugees.

Maybe it is a little stupid to print american flags on the packadge. Aiad should
be neutral.

And, they can not understand why a country bomb and dump food aid on the same time. Would you thrust the food ?

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Rono,
Move to Afganistan. Get the hell out of America!!! You know what? We shouldn't be dropping any aid at all!!! And they're not burning it. They may burn some to play up to the camera (which these terrorists have become very good at) but c'mon. Let's think about this. You're in a country where the main form of transportation is donkey and you're going to turn down free food? I'm a college student and I would never turn down free food. F the Taliban and Bin laden, drop more bombs and may he burn in hell.
smile.gif

Ignorance is bliss.

------------------
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Rono:

Where are these "Christian extremist" governments you seem to reference?

~U2Alabama

Governments ? When did i say that ?

Every kind of extremist religion is nazy like. There is no room for other opinions and
they try to get some power by violence and intimidation.

------------------
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Originally posted by Rono:
Governments ? When did i say that ?

Every kind of extremist religion is nazy like. There is no room for other opinions and
they try to get some power by violence and intimidation.

Well, the topic here is a theocratic government that is preventing aid from getting to its people. I don't know; maybe some people here think that it is "nice" of the Taliban devils to burn the aid.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
These people hate USA , cause U.S. military turned the whole country in ruins , + killed a lot of these innocent people ( children , woman , old and sick ) .

That's not what THEY've said; THEY say they don't want any non-Muslims in the region, as Hitler felt about the Jewish people in Europe.

And, incidentally, we ARE talking to older Russian military people about it.

~U2Alabama

Ignorance is bliss.

Actually, wise guy, the opposite is true of me. The MORE I watched and listened and the MORE informed I became the closer I came to reaching the conclusion I eventually did. I agree with the guy who said you should be a happy man, and the ones who said you should move to Afghanistan. Better yet, move to fairy tale land, because that's where your head already resides. The facts suck, but they are reality.

------------------
~some days are better than others~

what im finding amusing is how this has become such a big topic. why? because, the news YOU people watch and trust every day just two days ago suggested, (this from ABC News) that these tactics of dropping food for the afghans is soo little, that really all it is, is a propaganda method to help keep the american public happy.

im not making this up, this is not a view of mine necessarily, however, ABC News, again, you people trust them im sure, pointed this out.

chew on this please. what are your thoughts?

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
These people hate USA , cause U.S. military turned the whole country in ruins , + killed a lot of these innocent people ( children , woman , old and sick ) .

Are you saying that the U.S. is the reason for the attacks?

Originally posted by U2Bama:
That's not what THEY've said; THEY say they don't want any non-Muslims in the region, as Hitler felt about the Jewish people in Europe.

excellent point Bama...

I guess people who want to find fault with the United States will always find things to criticize. I'm not neccessarily saying it's a bad thing for the rest of the world to keep its eye on the United States' policies, in fact it's a good thing for one be held accountable for ones actions -- but to go to the point of defending, oops, sorry condoning, err, sorry again I mean rationalize the actions of a government that supports terrorism is incredibly misguided and to me, and indicates a pure contempt on their parts for the United States rather than any logical, err, rationale analysis.

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:

Actually, wise guy, the opposite is true of me. The MORE I watched and listened and the MORE informed I became the closer I came to reaching the conclusion I eventually did. I agree with the guy who said you should be a happy man, and the ones who said you should move to Afghanistan. Better yet, move to fairy tale land, because that's where your head already resides. The facts suck, but they are reality.

And now you are happy, i am glad for you. And
fairy tale land was attacked on sep 11.

[This message has been edited by Rono (edited 10-14-2001).]

Originally posted by doctorwho:
And now you are happy, i am glad for you. And
fairy tale land was attacked on sep 11.

That was cruel Rono - and disrespectful to the people, on both sides of this conflict, who lost their lives.

Yes i know, i better stop before i say more
things that i do not want to say. It is not easy to find the right words if you are angry and think in another language.

But do not call me disrespectfull, i have seen much worse things here on this place.

A lack of tact would be a better word, sometimes.

oh why don't you just say them Rono, we're all interested in what it is you have to say, maybe Salome could translate it if you write it in Dutch?

but please, continue to enlighten us (no pun intended)

But do not call me disrespectfull, i have seen much worse things here on this place.

I did not say YOU were disrespectful, but rather those words were.

And while I agree that worse things have been stated in this and other forums, this particular thread has been fairly civilized.

I believe that everyone here acknowledges the U.S.'s egregious foreign affair mistakes. And clearly those U.S. actions led to the current situation. However, what do you propose to be done? It's incredibly easy to complain - any child can do that. But true genius stems from those who can create and then implement alternatives. Few people operate at the genius level, but many can at least think of alternatives. So far, I have heard none from you.

I believe that the U.S. is taking the right actions. They are attempting to bomb military bases, not attack buildings where thousands of civilians work. They are attempting at least some humanitarian actions (even if they aren't enough). I ask - has Bin Laden used any of his $$ for humanitarian relief? Instead of educating and feeding people, he throws them a gun. Hmmm... What are your alternatives? Should the U.S. ignore the attacks of Sept. 11th because of past transgressions?

The militant Taliban regime currently governing Afghanistan does not allow ANY freedoms for women. Women who are ill cannot get medicine. Women who were doctors cannot work. Women cannot even walk the streets without a man - and then they must be completely covered. Any woman that dares to violate these policies is tortured and killed. This is how they treat 50% of their population at all times. Tell me, do you have alternatives for this? Should the U.S. or ANY government let these atrocities continue?

Maybe the U.S. was living in a "fairy-land." All the world's problems seemed so far away. We'd read about them in the newspapers, shake our heads and then turn to the comics. Well, now these problems are on our soil and suddenly we realize that we must deal with our past, present and future.

I only hope that the actions taken here are followed through and not prematurely ended (as with the Iraqi situation).

Back
Top Bottom