Taking A Break From U2/U2's Biggest Musical Weakness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
For the last month or two, I've been taking my normal 'between albums' break from U2. I'm burnt out on the band and if I spend 2-4 months(or even more, sometimes) just not listening to them on a regular basis, I will enjoy the music more in the long run.

During this break, however, I've been listening to a lot of other music, and listening to other music has made clearer for me why I am still - and likely will always be - dissatisfied with U2's most recent music, most notabely 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'. Hearing other bands' gives me a different perspective on U2, and this different perspective uses other bands' musical strengths to illuminate U2's musical weaknesses. Now, before I go any further, I want to say that I do NOT want this turn into the same old damn arguement. That is NOT what this is for. Outside of this sentence, I'm not going to use the word experiment or any of its derivatives. I'm not going to say that U2 sold out. I am not going to say that Pop rules and Bomb sucks. I am not going to say that the 90s rule or that the 00s suck. None of that will do anyone any good. I want to delve deeper than that. I want to disect and examine close-up why it is that U2's recent music doesn't do it for me that way U2's not-so-recent music does. And I want to do it by using other bands' music as a scalpel and a microscope.

Take the Red Hot Chili Peppers' new album, 'Stadium Arcadium'. 'Stadium Arcadium' is everything that 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' is not. It's sprawling and ambitious and eclectic and rough on the edges while Bomb is concise, afraid of disappointing the listener, very much of one musical mindset all the way through, and as polished as records get. You can feel the spontaneity and free-flowingness and lack in perfectionism in SA where Bomb is the most calculated thing U2 has ever put out. SA is the sound of a band having fun. Bomb is the sound of a band laboring. SA is a band saying 'We put everything we have into a shitload of songs, and here they are'. Bomb is a band saying 'We put a lot of what we have into a good number of songs, edited, modified, neutered, watered down, produced, and reproduced them, and here they are.

But more than all of that(because that's the same shit you've been hearing for the last year and a half), the process of making SA didn't start with a predetermined mindset of 'every song must be BIG and have an epic nature, and every song must send a BIG message'. Bomb did. How do I know this? Because the process of making every U2 album has started with this mindset. And that is easily U2's single biggest purely musical weakness: They have to be big and epic. They either don't know how to be subtle or they do, but they really don't like being subtle. The only really subtle music U2 has made came within a five year period(93-98) - that's five years out of thirty. There are bands like Radiohead or Sigur Ros that thrive on subtlety(Read: Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief, Untitled, Ágætis Byrjun), and there are bands like U2 and - yes I'm mentioning them in the same sentence but not the same breath - Coldplay, who need there music to be shouted from the rooftops and not whispered in someone's ear - if that makes any sense. U2 makes music to make people scream together. Radiohead makes music for someone to put on a pair of headphones(earphones) and sit in the corner of a room somewhere distancing his/herself from the world. There is absolutely nothing wrong with needing the music to be 'big' or epic-natured, in and of itself - U2 has made some incredible rock music in the form of 'big' songs - but I believe that in order for 'big' or epic songs to work, they have to be of a certain complexity. The 'bigger' or more epic the song, the more complex the music needs to be. My definition of complexity is simply having an abundance of instrumental and vocal layers, harmonies, a wide range in the way the instruments involved deliver the music, and not having a linear, predictable arrangement. Some of you may think that's nonsense, but that's what I firmly believe.

Songs like 'New Year's Day', 'Sunday Bloody Sunday', 'The Unforgettable Fire', 'Where The Streets Have No Name', 'Bullet The Blue Sky', 'All I Want Is You', 'Until The End Of The World', 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses', 'The Fly', 'Myseterious Ways', 'Staring At The Sun' 'Gone', and 'Please', among others, are all 'big' songs, and they are all great songs, because they all have certain level of complexity to them. They were all rock songs at their core. But in recent years, U2 have tried to make pop music instead, and simple pop music at that. Pop music inherently lacks the kind of layering and soundscapes and atmospherics that the rock music has enabled U2 to employ for years and years and years. Songs like 'City Of Blinding Lights', 'Miracle Drug', 'Yahweh', and 'Crumbs From Your Table', among others, are all 'big' songs that lack that complexity and as such, there is an awful hollowness to them, in my opinion. Think of a 'big' song as a big tin box. If you fill it to the brim with all the things I previously described in my definition of complexity, and then you tap the outside of the box, it would sound full. If you only fill the box a quarter of the way, it's going to sound hollow when you tap the outside of the box. 'New Year's Day' and 'Where The Streets Have No Name' and 'Until The End Of The World' and 'Gone' are boxes that were filled to the brim. 'City Of Blinding Lights' and 'Miracle Drug' are boxes that are filled a quarter of the way up. This is, of course, all in my opinion.

That is my take on what U2's biggest musical weakness is - lack of subtlety and, recently, not filling the 'big' songs up enough. I really want to avoid the typical arguements here - keep it to responding to what I've said. And if all you have to say is a sarcastic comment followed by a rolleye emoticon, don't bother.

I hope this speaks to somebody.

Great post. I really like what you wrote about Stadium Arcadium. It's the perfect example of a band not bowing to any kind of pressure but their own. There's something very special about throwing out everything you have, and taking the risk that it could all come back in your face as a complete disaster.

Well, I wasn't in any great rush to go out and buy Stadium Arcadium since RHCP are a band I just like rather than love. But reading your post makes me interested in buying it!

As far as U2's big epic songs of the past compared to the ones today - I've definitely noticed that the recent attempts at being big and epic seem very hollow compared to their past efforts. Lack of complexity in the music and lryics might be part of the problem, but I also wonder if it might be they are now deliberately trying to write big, epic songs because they think that's what people expect from U2, rather than doing it simply because that's what they want to do? And that's why they are falling a little flat, because their hearts aren't quite in it? I know the band claims they are doing exactly what they want to be doing, but I still wonder.

This is the third time I'm attempting a reply to this thread! I don't know what to say on this topic anymore. :|

Namkcur, I think I know what you're talking about with the complexity thing. It didn't seem possible in the past that U2 would write songs like City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, All Because Of You etc. that no doubt are catchy and sound great in concert but seem so calculated and have an 'assembly line radio hit' feel to them. Past radio hits like One, Streets, WOWY, SBS, NYD, EBTTRT, Numb, Stay, Discotheque, Please, SATS etc. definitely sound more complex and more... I don't know.. rock.

:shrug:

Bono's shades said:
Well, I wasn't in any great rush to go out and buy Stadium Arcadium since RHCP are a band I just like rather than love. But reading your post makes me interested in buying it!

The Chili Peppers new record is brilliant. But make no mistake: there's sweat and determination in the music. Calculated pop songwriting with ornate arrangements and layers. Everything on it is deliberate, planned, and calculated. It's not stark or spur of the moment.

Comparing recent albums...

RHCP Stadium Arcadium is as ambitious and varied in musical style as U2 but to me, it sounds more natural and fun than HTDAAB.

Oasis DBTT is summer-y and beautiful.

Green Day's American Idiot is epic sounding and bombastic, but doesn't seem to come off like they were trying too hard.

Depeche Mode's Playing The Angel sounds dark and interesting but is brought down somewhat by underdeveloped, repetitive fare like Lilian & Introspectre.

Still haven't warmed up entirely to Pearl Jam's latest but it definitely has some solid material!

My point is none of these albums sounds as calculated and labored as HTDAAB does! Don't get me wrong, I like listening to HTDAAB & singing along to the catchy choruses. But the 11 songs on that album sound sooo mathematically precise in their 'radio hit' feel that the natural free flowing energy of a typical rock album is gone! Does that make sense? It feels too accurate, too quientessentially U2! Bono's posturing on the Vertigo tour only made it worse.

I think that's it. I've got it! Bono is what's wrong with Post 2000 U2.

Last edited:
Perhaps there is a lack of something in Bomb , I wouldnt say complexity ...... but for me at least City doesnt have this problem , and all because of you sounds as rocking as other rock song of the past , and Original as well , I listen to a good version of Original or the album version itself and it sounds like , like you get the feeling of u2 anthems , that unique feeling of great epic music that is for sure .

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
Does that make sense? It feels too accurate, too quientessentially U2! Bono's posturing on the Vertigo tour only made it worse.

I think that's it. I've got it! Bono's is what's wrong with Post 2000 U2.

Uh-oh! If we lose you Zoots, half of Interference will go down! ;)

Yes, you make perfect sense. Part of me thinks U2 realize this, and will take more risks on the next album. I'm optimistic...to a fault somtimes.

I think I got it now , what could be lacking in bomb is like dirtyness , which is what people said , it's a bit too produced album , I just remember it , u know that version of Crumbs in the DVD it sounds so fucking terrific , you cant say that is not epic , and thats just it , in that version it was pure , Edge great distorted sound and nothing else , that for me is how it should've sounded . Another one is like Fast Cars / Xanax and Wine , Xanax sounds so bloody fresh and great , its like u said with RHCP , in Xanax I can hear U2 having with their music , not afraid of anything , just in a great jam . That for me just the fact of it , a simple upbeating rock song , makes it Epic . I guess the same can be said of others , like City , I think in the album got a bit too much produced , but live is what its real face appears , and it's bloody great , and pretty epic for me.

But namkcuR I got ask you , u said this in a moment u're sort of sick of u2 , but tell me what was your 1st opinion of the album ?

namkcuR said:

That is my take on what U2's biggest musical weakness is - lack of subtlety and, recently, not filling the 'big' songs up enough. I really want to avoid the typical arguements here - keep it to responding to what I've said. And if all you have to say is a sarcastic comment followed by a rolleye emoticon, don't bother.

I hope this speaks to somebody.

I've tried to figure out why HTDAAB never clicked for me and you pretty much nailed it.

namkcuR said:
My definition of complexity is simply having an abundance of instrumental and vocal layers, harmonies, a wide range in the way the instruments involved deliver the music, and not having a linear, predictable arrangement.

i agree with this use of the word, but i also believe that City of Blinding Lights, Love and Peace or Else, Original of the Species fit this description. U2 have put together some incredible songs on this new record, with the complexity of these songs and the simplicity in others (Fast Cars, Vertigo, All Because of You -- which i happen to like). the album has heavy production, yes, but the tour has really shown the strength of these songs in their purest forms. City of Blindings Lights, Vertigo, Love and Peace or Else, and Original of the Species have been knock-outs live. i agree that Miracle Drug could have been something even bigger, but i think Love and Peace and City are as big as it gets.

Zootlesque said:
This is the third time I'm attempting a reply to this thread! I don't know what to say on this topic anymore. :|

Namkcur, I think I know what you're talking about with the complexity thing. It didn't seem possible in the past that U2 would write songs like City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, All Because Of You etc. that no doubt are catchy and sound great in concert but seem so calculated and have an 'assembly line radio hit' feel to them. Past radio hits like One, Streets, WOWY, SBS, NYD, EBTTRT, Numb, Stay, Discotheque, Please, SATS etc. definitely sound more complex and more... I don't know.. rock.

Are you being sarcastic?

Because if not, then I have to question both you and Namkcur.

WOWY doesn't sound safe? It doesn't sound calculated? "One" doesn't sound safe? These types of slow love songs always rise to the top of the charts. But just because they are safer, it doesn't make them a great song. Just because they were written to be a hit, doesn't mean they aren't fantastic.

If you really dislike "Bomb" or the new U2, then go off and listen to whatever. Stop posting here, declaring your "revelations" on what "good music" is supposed to be. Stop telling us of your every complaint and your every whim. What's next? Informing us of when you are sleeping and your bathroom breaks? ;)

O.K., I'm being facetious there, but the point remains. I just find it odd for people to declare how they are "taking a break" as if we need to know. And I find it odd how people feel the current U2 is any more calculating the U2 we've known for the past 25 years. Perhaps that's the problem - many of you haven't known them that long. If you had, you would realize how ambitious those four young men were - they were calculating then too. But what makes U2 stand out is that while they do try to create hit songs, they are like the Beatles and Stones of yesteryear - they also create some damn brilliant music. I'm very happy with "Bomb" - I don't want to know a world without "Vertigo" or "City...". No U2 album is for everyone. Enjoy what you like and, yes, please do listen to other music. May I suggest going back in time and visiting some blues and jazz?

@namkcuR: i fully agree. this is one of the best quality postings on the interference forum ever.
imo U2s last two albums are too produced. they lack the fresh air to breeze. both albums are too clinical. even the rock songs are squeaky clean:sexywink: sorry but i can't describe it better.

doctorwho said:

Are you being sarcastic?

Because if not, then I have to question both you and Namkcur.

WOWY doesn't sound safe? It doesn't sound calculated? "One" doesn't sound safe? These types of slow love songs always rise to the top of the charts. But just because they are safer, it doesn't make them a great song. Just because they were written to be a hit, doesn't mean they aren't fantastic.

If you really dislike "Bomb" or the new U2, then go off and listen to whatever. Stop posting here, declaring your "revelations" on what "good music" is supposed to be. Stop telling us of your every complaint and your every whim. What's next? Informing us of when you are sleeping and your bathroom breaks? ;)

O.K., I'm being facetious there, but the point remains. I just find it odd for people to declare how they are "taking a break" as if we need to know. And I find it odd how people feel the current U2 is any more calculating the U2 we've known for the past 25 years. Perhaps that's the problem - many of you haven't known them that long. If you had, you would realize how ambitious those four young men were - they were calculating then too. But what makes U2 stand out is that while they do try to create hit songs, they are like the Beatles and Stones of yesteryear - they also create some damn brilliant music. I'm very happy with "Bomb" - I don't want to know a world without "Vertigo" or "City...". No U2 album is for everyone. Enjoy what you like and, yes, please do listen to other music. May I suggest going back in time and visiting some blues and jazz?

First of all, I only said that I was taking a break from U2 as a segue into talking about how listening to other bands has effected my understanding of my own feelings towards U2's recent music.

Second of all, I never said that U2 wasn't calculated in 1987 or 1991 or 1997. I simply said that they were never more calculated than they were with Bomb.

Third of all, the bulk of my post spoke about U2's inability to be and/or aversion to being subtle in their music and how they want all of their songs to be 'big' and epic in nature. I find it odd that amidst three paragraphs talking about that, your whole post is complaining about one line - that about Bomb being calculated. You really can't read the post without taking it soley as an anti-Bomb thing, when in reality the major point of my post was to talk about what I percieve to be U2's biggest musical weakness THROUGHOUT THEIR ENTIRE CAREER. Not just in 2004. From 1976 to 2006. But you ignored that.

Last edited:
While I agree Bono is the weakest link on the last two albums (lyrics show some improvement on Bomb though), I'm always baffled by the "too calculated" and "too much like U2" comments.

The band always relied on big songs (not necessarily hits but the "it" songs if you know what I mean) and they always had the big/epic sound, it's called having a style. That, and the bittersweet love song thing. They do this well.

Too much like U2? Well, that was kind of the point with the last album. If they have a license to run away from being U2, I don't see why the same can't apply if they go to playing to their strenghts. It's okay for U2 to sound like U2, certainly after 15+ years of not wanting to do it (I'm including Rattle and Hum here, and to an extent ATYCLB).

I think that their weakness - and it shows particularly since 1991 - is the obsession (especially Bono) to be "hip" and "cool" to the current young audience, combined with the overtly caution of what people think of their music.

I keep thinking of Beatles-U2 comparisons. Simlarly, both bands experimented heavily but eventually came back to more stripped down sounds at the end of their career.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
While I agree Bono is the weakest link on the last two albums (lyrics show some improvement on Bomb though), I'm always baffled by the "too calculated" and "too much like U2" comments.

The band always relied on big songs (not necessarily hits but the "it" songs if you know what I mean) and they always had the big/epic sound, it's called having a style. That, and the bittersweet love song thing. They do this well.

Too much like U2? Well, that was kind of the point with the last album. If they have a license to run away from being U2, I don't see why the same can't apply if they go to playing to their strenghts. It's okay for U2 to sound like U2, certainly after 15+ years of not wanting to do it (I'm including Rattle and Hum here, and to an extent ATYCLB).

I think that their weakness - and it shows particularly since 1991 - is the obsession (especially Bono) to be "hip" and "cool" to the current young audience, combined with the overtly caution of what people think of their music.

I keep thinking of Beatles-U2 comparisons. Simlarly, both bands experimented heavily but eventually came back to more stripped down sounds at the end of their career.

See what I said to doctorwho. You're arguing one line. The point of the post wasn't about Bomb being calculated, it was about U2's inability to be and/or aversion to being subtle, what I percieve to be their biggest musical weakness throughout their WHOLE career, 1976-2006.

Great post namkcuR. You hit the nail right on the head!
I agree with you completely (accept for Yahweh which I think sound great on the album)

Below i'll reply on your post to catch on to it.
It's indeed something I said before in this forum but it fits perfect to your post.

Here it is:

Introducing HTDAAB and it's first single Vertigo, U2 used shitloads of swagger and blah-blah to be heard by the masses. It is known that they, again like with ATYCLB, wanted to be the biggest of the biggest !! Again...!
Well, of course they are! But for years now the music starts to suffer with this attitude.

I'm getting bored with Bono's blah-blah about U2 still wanting to be the best, the biggest, and so on...Bono: Come on!!, just MAKE great music! Don't talk about it! Get your ass FULL TIME in the studio and CREATE with the boys extraordinary music like you've done in the years before! Create landscapes, atmospheres…
I admire you for your spirit and effort for the good cause, but the music suffers from it! Come on man, focus on the music! Get mysterious again, epic, poetic, ambient, take your fans on a ride.

I think people nowadays hunger for some imagination, getting sucked into landscapes, atmospheres in music, not only sincerity. Don't we all want to hear a band that doesn't give a shit if the new CD sells, but want to make a record that is original, experimental and is not written for the masses. Like The Unforgettable Fire, Achtung Baby and Zooropa were. Bono said about HTDAAB: "I want every song to sound like it could be released as a single.." Man, with this attitude in the songwriting-proces they tend to shift towards sounding like Bon Jovi.

U2 should focus on making surprising, artistically interesting songs again that come from another place like: Tomorrow, The Unforgettable Fire, Bad, In God's Country, Love Comes Tumbling, Walk To The Water (talking about a gem!), The Fly, Acrobat, Until The End Of The World, Lemon, Heartland, Love Is Blindness, Please, When I Look At The World, Mercy…
These song are creative, emotional in a subtle way, multi-layered, spiritual, and come from places out of this world. While, except for Yahweh and A Man And A Woman!
The songs on HTDAAB sound like everyday life. Down to earth, too straight-on, flat, plain lyrics, no surprises, so therefore less interesting and not long lasting as the earlier albums full of gems, and not full of "hit-singles"!
More and more you hear people getting bored with U2 because they don't tickle the listeners imagination anymore en don't delve into unknown territory. I'm afraid right now they've fallen into the trap of being the biggest, therefore pleasing the masses. U2 should not sell out and become they're on tribute-band ! (This was they're attitude during AB and Zooropa btw!)

Further on the lack of inspiration and originality on HTDAAB:
Miracle Drug has the sound, and structure of Beautiful Day.
City Of Blinding Lights is the most predictable, cheesy song ever by U2! Of course one can discuss personal taste but hardly anyone has these kind of doubts about the song The Unforgettable Fire. No discussion: this song blows COBL right out of the water. It has this lasting power. COBL doesn't. It just has a stupid yell as a chorus and it's great fun to yell it all together in a stadium. But no more than that!
All Because Of You is like Rolling Stones and still they didn’t nail this song, just boring rock-and-roll for elderly men, One Step Closer has nice lyrics but: yawn…boring, Crumbs is a straight copy from Walk On (talking about lazy songwriting!) Anyway, 8 out of 11 songs have major problems!

The point is: many years ago U2 was a young band who wanted to make music no one ever heard before: spontaneous, passionate, spiritual and while trying they achieved this but they weren’t aware of it at the time! They were half in the shadow, half in the light. One could hear that creating extraordinary music was their obsession. They were full-time passionately attached to this obsession. Nowadays they can’t/want seem to reach that point anymore. The last 2 albums are good, with good songs on them. But not more than that. 85% is indeed dry and one-dimensional.
Now that they have the attitude: “o.k., we now know how to write a good song, so listen what we got!” (with a lot of swagger). Sorry Bono, you can scream to the world that City Of Blinding Lights is one of the best songs ever, but it’s nowhere near Streets, Unforgettable or Please!! And I think he knows it.
The more a song or album lacks this magic, the more he brags about it, and feels he has to back it up with a lot of noise and blah-blah…Everybody knows that by now Bono! It’s so see-through…

But I’m still waiting for a great return of my favourite band. And I’m convinced when they keep a few things in mind, we’ll hear them as we never heard them before, full of surprises. A few things that could help them:
1. take risks musically (like in the AB and Zooropa-era)
2. forget about wanting to be the biggest, best or whatever!
3. in songwriting: search for weird, unknown territory, dark/light sounds, dark/light landscapes
4. forget about: “how do we appeal to the largest number of listeners/audience”
5. forget about: “how do we play this live?”
6. forget the down-to-earth thing: get the passion and the poetry back
7. u2 is a 6-member band: get Eno and Lanois back for the atmosphere and special moods, the colour, the melody, the extra push for the surprises
8. Bono: be there 100% when it comes to the writing process. In the studio, FULL TIME, with the others all the time! Stimulate each other! Fight, argue, experiment, whatever but look for new grounds!

It’s going to be hard labour again for them. Like UF and AB were… But man, what a result! And I think they can pull it of again. They just need to forget their ego’s and giganticness for a while!

So now, you can all burn me down and nag that this is just another bashing-thread... Or nit-pick about what words are being used… Or that I sound intolerant or whatever, that’s all fine.. That’s just what I expect and that’s what always happens, but I can take it. .

It’s not about bashing... I’m just being very critical en maybe a little (too) sharp, but that’s because I care so much! I KNOW they can do better, although the last 2 albums are quite good. But it lacks that special extra…

Zootlesque said:

I really hate this "complexity" argument, it makes no sense...

One, Streets, and New Years Day are not complex, in the least bit...

Please know what you are talking about...

The rest are just repeating themselves...

namkcuR said:

See what I said to doctorwho. You're arguing one line. The point of the post wasn't about Bomb being calculated, it was about U2's inability to be and/or aversion to being subtle, what I percieve to be their biggest musical weakness throughout their WHOLE career, 1976-2006.

Wrong.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

I really hate this "complexity" argument, it makes no sense...

One, Streets, and New Years Day are not complex, in the least bit...

Please know what you are talking about...

The rest are just repeating themselves...

First off: He DOES know what he's talking about!: they're complex in originality and lasting power! We're not talking musical structure here

Second: Yeah maybe, so what?
You sound like you don't want certain things to be said, at all..! (maybe because they hurt a little because deep down you know I could be right?)

Maybe some things are said before but that's also because hardly anyone replies wisely to what's being said. Most comments are from the "blind-followers" who seem to yell halleluja about every fart U2 puts on an album. And they only manege to reply with comments like: "find another band.., stop nagging.., don't listen to it if you don't like it.., it's all about taste..,"

Let me tell you this: it's NOT about taste, it's all about QUALITY and ORIGINALITY. I'm a hardcore U2-fan myself and the U2 I think is best puts you on the wrong leg on first listen. Make you go like: "what the hell is this?" The U2 that surprises me! U2 should delve into theirselves and not look for creating another chart sensitive-album with hitsingles.

namkcuR said:

As you will have gathered from my previous posts I am a big fan of HTDAAB - second only to JT (and a damn close second).

Their lack of subtlety being your point and their weakness.

Oddly enough I completely disagree. Subtlety is a strength of theirs. It always has been and is one reason why their music is not immediately accessible to people. It takes some listening to before it hits the spot and there are always new things to find in the music even when you have been listening to it for 21 years!

They were never big single sellers. They have always sold albums big and toured big which is the true test of their music. Over the last 10 years there singles have sold big because aswell because the fans are there already. There songs aren't commerical but the buying fan is already there. We are after the album, the tour but we arent going to miss out on a single in many cases that includes a live version or a remix.

HTDAAB is subtle and epic, its raw and complete, its brand spanking new and its classic U2.

Enjoy your rest period but be warned when you do come back and give it a play you are going to regret the break and appreciate the subtlety you rediscover.

CKONE said:

HTDAAB is subtle and epic, its raw and complete, its brand spanking new and its classic U2.
Well said, I agree with every point, except the reference to HTDAAB.

dowe really need yet another thread about how the recent U2 dosent live upto the past U2 etc? but the funny thing is it always ends up the same people posting about how much they think bomb or ATYCLB arent good enough, and even when a thread is made where someone is talking about how they think bomb is 3rd best or whatever, the same people will come in and start stating the same opinions again and again and again, we know you dont like it and thats fine, but any need to keep banging on about how you dont like it? and the stating your opinion as a matter of fact that "U2 arent as good as they were bla bla", some people DO find U2 to be just as good as they where.

imo if you dont like it then why go over and over it?, why not spend the hours of your life listening to something you DO enjoy rather than analyzing why you dont like it.

KUEFC09U2 said:
dowe really need yet another thread about how the recent U2 dosent live upto the past U2 etc? but the funny thing is it always ends up the same people posting about how much they think bomb or ATYCLB arent good enough, and even when a thread is made where someone is talking about how they think bomb is 3rd best or whatever, the same people will come in and start stating the same opinions again and again and again, we know you dont like it and thats fine, but any need to keep banging on about how you dont like it? and the stating your opinion as a matter of fact that "U2 arent as good as they were bla bla", some people DO find U2 to be just as good as they where.

imo if you dont like it then why go over and over it?, why not spend the hours of your life listening to something you DO enjoy rather than analyzing why you dont like it.

Like I said... :yawn:

Back
Top Bottom