Take a Look at This: "What a Wonderful World"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mysterious_Ways

The Fly
Thank you for posting this Ally. I was stranded in California and just got back Wednesday morning. It is all hitting me again. I was all alone in CA and all I could think about was getting home. It is amazing how your instincts kick in. I spent all my time there trying to find out if my friends were ok. When I finally found out about everyone I felt better.

But then I got home. I live right across the Husdon River in Hoboken. Hoboken is located right between the Empire State building and the WTC on the other side. Last nite before I even went back to my apartment I walked down to the waterfront. I just had to look at my forever changed view. Its still smoking and the lights are intense from the rescue efforts. For lack of a better word I was in awe. I just couldn't believe I was finally home looking at it.

I got back to work and from my office you can smell the smoke and fires. There are flyers for missing people everywhere and everyone stops to look. Maybe an old friend from school is there - someone you may have lost touch with. You hope to God you don't see a familiar face on a flyer. Those are the things that hit me hard. And after looking at those pics I finally cried. I know how it felt to be so far away feeling like you can't do a thing. And now I know what it feels like to be here. In a way it is just awful but in another it is inspiring. I have never seen people come together like they have, I have never experienced patriotism like we are now and I have never seen real true concern for fellow NYers like I've seen in the past 2 days. So yes our Heart may have been ripped out - but this city has not lost a beat and will come back even stronger.

Sorry I went on so long. I just had to write it.

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

As a New Yorker, this has touched me very deeply. Please take a moment to look at all of the photos included in the link below. It makes me think that this world isn't such a bad place after all....

http://members.home.com/chucklez/wtc/

[This message has been edited by Ally (edited 09-20-2001).]

Those are great, great pictures Ally. I, too, live in the NYC and I have never seen so much sympathy and togetherness as I have seen in the past week here. This city is so powerful right now and everyone, I mean everyone feels the same way. The memorial in Union Square is something I will never forget. There is so much emotion and beauty. It makes me very, very proud.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Back
Top Bottom