SYCMIOYO onr the OC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chazman151

War Child
They ended "The OC" last night with SYCMIOYO.

If your interested to see/hear, the link to the clip is here

My flatmate watches that show and I was doing some work in my room and heard it. I was shocked that she would have such good taste in music (she listens to Britney Spears) but then she said "no I'm not listening to it, they're playing it on The OC."

and all was right in the world.

tennispunk said:

and all was right in the world.

:lol:
Just watched it. It fitted in quite well really. Shame that could never happen here in the UK. I cant really picture Kite or AIWIY being played at the end of Corrie or Emmerdale.

Hollyoaks perhaps..... :eyebrow:

'the oc' is a good show! i watched it, and liked the way they used SYCMIOYO.... it was kinda cheezy, but still.

i think 'walk on' was once used in an episode of 'roswell'...

would much rather see U2 on a show like 'the oc', since that show almost always has really good music (jeff buckley, damien rice, ryan adams version of 'wonderwall', death cab for cutie, the killers, etc etc)

:)

for some reason i dont like the fact that u2 are being played on the OC, kind of cheesy to me.

I would rather hear a U2 song on a show like Buffy or Angel. Since those two shows are no longer around I wouldn't mind if a U2 song was played on 24, Law and Order, or even Lost. I just hope there will never be a U2 song played on One Tree Hill.

I never cared for the O.C. It seemed to much like an update version of Beverly Hills 90210.

Aardvark747 said:

:lol:
Just watched it. It fitted in quite well really. Shame that could never happen here in the UK. I cant really picture Kite or AIWIY being played at the end of Corrie or Emmerdale.

Hollyoaks perhaps..... :eyebrow:

:lmao:
Oh, I don't know... i'm sure they could somehow fit it into a tender moment between Karen and Steve McDonald...

Anyways, the OC - I guess this is part of the 'aim for the new audience' plan :wink:

I don't have a problem with U2 trying to connect with younger folks via "The OC" but given that SYCMIOYO is written about his pop, I am a little surprised Bono gave the stamp of approval on that.

U2 has always said their music means different things to different people. I don't think Bono would have a problem with someone not seeing this song as "totally" about his fathers death but to find what it means to the listener in their own lives. :wink:
Matter of fact I haven't known all along about the meaning behind alot of their songs untill I got a computer and found out. Somehow their music always fit right in with my life, anyway. :heart:

RademR said:
for some reason i dont like the fact that u2 are being played on the OC, kind of cheesy to me.

It really bothers me. That's probably because I loathe The OC, though.

Back
Top Bottom