Sycmioyo <------> Grace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacobus

Refugee
the first minute of SYCMIOYO sounds very similar to GRACE.
is it just me or does anyone notice the same? there is although the shimmering churchbells sound of POE in the background (from sec.12-21). whaat do you think?

I do agree. And i must say that's been bothering me for a while. I regard POE and Grace as representatives of U2's worst side since 2000...

I don't think SYCMIOYO is a good U2 song. It is just a good song. But i'd never buy a record because of this song if i were not an U2 fan. Being an U2 fan i'll buy the limited editions...

Only MD would make me buy this album if i was not an U2 fan.

@U2_Guy: tastes are different and thats okay...i've always rated GRACE but i don't like POE very much. i think THE BOMB is an amazing record with no weak track on it. i agree, i've had some problems with MD, SYCMIOYO, COBL and OSC from the start, but now i have succesfully dismantled the bomb:sexywink:

jacobus said:
@U2_Guy: tastes are different and thats okay...i've always rated GRACE but i don't like POE very much. i think THE BOMB is an amazing record with no weak track on it. i agree, i've had some problems with MD, SYCMIOYO, COBL and OSC from the start, but now i have succesfully dismantled the bomb:sexywink:

The Bomb is a good album, yes. But not magical. And the problem is i expect magic from U2...

My fault...

U2_Guy said:

The Bomb is a good album, yes. But not magical. And the problem is i expect magic from U2...

My fault...

Oh, the magic is there . . . .

am not being funny at all now.... but how many bands have you heard make a record like this after 25 years? to me thats magic on its own, true honest gut wrenching songs, 100% magic

KUEFC09U2 said:
am not being funny at all now.... but how many bands have you heard make a record like this after 25 years? to me thats magic on its own, true honest gut wrenching songs, 100% magic

Amen

Maybe both songs are slow in the beginning but Grace doesn't ever lift off lyrically or musically the way this song does. I liked this song the first time I heard but now I love it. The lyrics are amazing and the "bridge" is the emotional magic that only a few artists can deliver.

infact... its so hard to put into words how touching and deep sometimes is, and i especially love it when it sounds like edge is just reving up.... amazing

Back
Top Bottom