Sweetest Thing, October, Stay, NYD...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
Whats the easiest U2 song to play on the Piano? I don't know much about Pianos but I'd like to learn how to play a U2 song on them. We got one at my cousin's house, it's huge and it looks really good. Can anyone help me out?
smile.gif
Thanks.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

sorry baker, i don't have help or info for you, but i would also love to learn to play a U2 song on the piano, especially "October," which seems easy enough. i have access to a baby grand at a friend's house so this would be a great time to learn.
anyone know where i can get the notes to any of these songs? so far i've only been able to find guitar tabs.

Hi baker.
wink.gif
Glad to see you posting again.

Ask Diemen.. he's a pianist!

evil_laughte77r.gif

------------------
Here Today, Gone Tomorrow....
Always

All I Want is You is the easiest U2 song to play on guitar or piano. It's just 3 chords for the most part, with some variations on the chords after the chorus.

[lame joke]
So this man walks into a bar with a duffel bag...and he opens it up and pulls out a foot-tall pianist and a miniature grand piano, sets them on the bar, and the pianist starts playing amazing difficult pieces flawlessly.

The guy next to him says "Wow!! I've never seen anything like that! Where the hell did you get that??"

The man says "oh, him? I got him from my genie..." The guy gets really excited at this."You've got a genie?? No way! Hey - um...you wouldn't mind letting me have a wish, would you?"

The man sighs, says "sure," and hands him an old oil lamp.

So the guy rubs the lamp, and out comes this genie, looking a little old, but he says "and what wish would you like me to grant you?" The guy gets all excited, thinks for a second, then says "I want a million bucks!"

Suddenly, the entire bar starts filling up with ducks. So many, in fact, that you might say there's a million of them.

The guy is freaking out. "What the hell?!? I didn't ask for ducks, I asked for a million bucks!"

The man sighs again, looks at the guy and says "You think I asked for a 12-inch pianist?"
[/lame joke]

biggrin.gif

And to answer your question baker - Sweetest thing is really easy to play - as well as Running to Stand Still.

Actually, all the U2 songs that have piano parts are easy to play. I'd like to get my hands on the accompaniment that lucky Jonathan played with U2 at the chicago show, I liked that.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Bloodied:
Hey SKeek, you used to play October on a harp too, that was pretty cool

Yeah anything you can play on the piano you can play on the harp really easily as long as it doesn't have accidentals.

I still want to find some U2 song that would work really well on the harp

I've just got myself a brand spanking new "Gibson Triangle" top of the range craftsmanship, top silver, and top shape...what songs could I play...I wanna take these on the road..tankyou

OCTOBER by far!

One day I got bored and I was listening to October, so I found out what note it started on, and from there, you can play the whole song by ear.

[This message has been edited by blood red edge (edited 09-28-2001).]

I used to know how to play October on piano, and I still sort of do. It's pretty easy.

Hehe ok...cool joke Dieman.

And Sicy...
biggrin.gif

So...how could learn to play these songs? Sweetest thing especially would be awesome if I lerned how to play...
thank you

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

New Year's Day doesn't seem very hard. In fact, it's the only one I've tried.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The city walls are all pulled down
The dust a smokescreen all around
See faces ploughed like fields that once gave no resistance

I can't believe y'all are thinking this same thing!! I've been DYING to learn how to play October, One, NYD, and other U2 songs for months now...but don't have access to a piano, and lessons are 'spensive!
tongue.gif

maybe when i go home for the holidays I can hammer away on my folks' piano....would be much better to practice on an electric piano where I could use headphones to keep my family from suffering my poor playing...
frown.gif

Originally posted by baker6621:
Can someone teach me! ?
smile.gif

I'll teach u baker!! I use to be able to play all those songs on the piano. I gave up piano like 2 years ago, but im sure i could still figure them out. Its really not that hard. You just have to have a bit of patience and persistence.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom