Sweet Fire Of Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinball Wizard

Refugee
Collaboration with Robbie Robertson during the late eighties... I thought it was interesting, but didn't know of its existence until recently. Sounds like a Joshua Tree outtake.

:up:

Never heard of it ... can anyone tell me a bit about it? Anywhere online where I can hear it?

You can hear them on the self-titled Robbie Robertson album. Get it, it's great! That album also has his 'hit' Somewhere Down The Crazy River.
Anyway, both songs are essentially Robbie Robertson with U2 as the backing band (i.e. no other musicians).

C ya!

Marty

Robbie co-wrote Sweet Fire of Love with U2 and they are his backing band for the track. On vocals it's a Bono and Robbie duet. Daniel Lanois, who produced the album with Robbie, is credited with background vocals as well as percussion. My CD booklet credits both Adam and Bono on bass, which I think must have been a misprint because I'd never heard of Bono playing bass before. It's a beautiful track, one of my very favorite "unofficial" U2 songs. And yes, it does sound like a JT outtake.

Testimony was written by Robbie solo. U2 is the backing band once again, but Bono's vocal is basically just a backing vocal. I like this song too, but not nearly as much as "Sweet Fire of Love."

The whole CD is great.

Back
Top Bottom