Swan269's Heaven and Hell video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BB218

The Fly
Just wanted to let everyone know that Swan269 sent me a copy of the video for 'Heaven and Hell' (from the Salome outtakes) that he put together, and I've now converted it to mpg and posted it on my FTP for everyone to see.

The video is simply incredible!!! Swan, if that ESPN gig doesn't work out for ya, I've got a feeling you could do very well as a music video director!

ftp://u22uvideo:u22u@u22u.dns2go.com:2002/

The video is in the 'misc videos' folder.

BB

thanks for posting it and I hope that everyone enjoys it!....feedback on it would also be welcomed...whether its good or bad....I have edited for 5 years so I have heard it all.

from oliveu2cm-pleba forum

Okay- in case any of you have been wondering, Swan sent me the video he made for Heaven and Hell. Now I've never really critiqued any video (more used to the audio stuff lol) but I'll give it a whirl because I want to give him some feedback to it.

Here are the things that caught me:

The lyrics of the song that faded on top of the images- just the style of it was quite fitting for the transitory feeling you get from the video.. the light and darkness, the pain and desire they are feeling in the song. The images blending into each other were amazing to me- I have no talent as far as imagining or making something like that and I thought it was really well done. (for the PLEBA girls the first four shots, one of each band member was )

It was also amazing how well One fit into the song, and I liked that you did not over use it- what I mean is that you did not try to match up every breath/sound Bono and the guys made with another video.. but just interspliced it here and there to get the sense that he is singing this song.. and the atmosphere of both songs are quite similiar (I was struck when Larry shuts the door in that video and walks down the stairs- it fit in so well) and there some images I hadn't seen, and I thought I'd seen nearly all their videos, so that definitely was cool.

Using shots from SATS and Until, again two very light/dark contrasting videos, fit perfectly. It really conveyed the sense of the song, the band members not singing/playing to the cameras.. but you can feel this torment from the song when watching the video.

The shots of the women mixed in were awesome, I thought. I really loved them, they were at perfect times- really, I am overwhelmed what a good job you did!

And I saved the best for last- the shot that I *loved* and soooo felt was the shot of the moon.. and it rising up in the night sky and then bursting like the sun- ooh I looooved that!!!

So thanks for letting me see it! Keep us updated if you do anythign with it or make any more! I'll see if I can find someone to make it into a video viewable on the computer- and if you know how to let me or Swan know because I think a lot of fans would enjoy this.

Back
Top Bottom