***Survivor: Zooming In, Zooming Out (Albums Rd 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• Boy

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • October

Votes: 46 43.4%
  • War

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Under A Blood Red Sky

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Pop

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before, October and Boy are the two albums that defined the Edge's signature "ringing guitars" that reviewers keep saying the new albums are going back to. Come on, people! Get rid of the live one!

Rattle and Hum - the album feels way too disjointed and could have been so much better. I've heard others suggest a double album, one studio and one live disc, and I tend to agree that would have been better. Why the hell wasn't Exit on there? Or WOWY, or Streets? I guess U2 didn't want the album to be "The Joshua Tree: Live," but the JT songs are so powerful live. I guess they had to save room for the brilliance of Freedom for my People. :wink:

UABRS is a live album, sure, but it's GREAT! U2 is always better live. I don't listen to any of the album versions of songs that are on UABRS; I just listen to the live versions since I have them. They have more energy. So don't be hatin' Under a Blood Red Sky. It was what I think Rattle and Hum could have been (except R&H would have been better 'cause of many new songs).

Unfortunatley, I think everyone's efforts are in vain. It seems October is going to lose this one... it's not my favourite U2 album, one of my least faves really, but it DID seriously help shape the "U2 sound" and it's got a lot of solid tunes. So let's have a mass-voting for Rattle and Hum, people! :D or Achtung, or JT. that would be hilarious. Wrong, but hilarious.

October is great. Dunno why it's such a maligned album.

I'm votin for Rattle and Hum.

I like my u2 albums to be coherent and with a logical tracklisting and have some classic u2 songs on it. Rattle and Hum doesnt.

Whilst Desire, Angel of Harlem and Heartland are great, what the hell were u2 thinking when they wrote garbage like God Part 2 and Love Rescue Me. Shockers and deserved of a place on "U2's worst of" cd should one be released.

U2 should have released a Studio album called SILVER AND GOLD which was all new material and RATTLE AND HUM should have been the title for a separate live album.

Sadly, it seems that October is beyond rescue. :|
So I do not have to vote politically, but can double the votes for War. :wink: Yes, that record really is the least good U2 album. :D

the next round after this looks like a photo-finish between ATYCLB and UABRS.

It's okay, it will be put out of its misery soon. And then the politicking will really kick in. :wink:

Yeah, you know, I hate the notion of protecting votes or trading votes. This isn't Survivor and we ain't Richard Hatch. :wink:

I've never watched the tv show so I don't know what happens on the show, but these threads are certainly amusing.

Will the October voters vote for Blood Red Sky? Will they vote for All That? Will they split 50/50? Will they vote for Unforgettable Fire? :D

PS Two hours to go. Get your votes in now. All votes carry equal weight here :|

I voted for October, not because it's my least favorite of the bunch (it kinda is) but because I listen to it the least. I kinda think these first two rounds were givens. It will be interesting to see what the next round brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom