***Survivor: You can't fight fate (Singles Finals Rd 15)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

• The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
An amendment to the aforementioned 'new tactic'....if you vote for TUF from here on out in this round, $10,000 will be taken out of your bank account. You will not be notified of its new location.

namkcuR said:
An amendment to the aforementioned 'new tactic'....if you vote for TUF from here on out in this round, $10,000 will be taken out of your bank account. You will not be notified of its new location.

:lol:

I think I'm taking a break from even LOOKING at this thread. This is just plain awful. Hopefully it will look nicer when I look again in a while ...

Axver said:

:lol:

I think I'm taking a break from even LOOKING at this thread. This is just plain awful. Hopefully it will look nicer when I look again in a while ...

One can only hope. :(

namkcuR said:

hm, I'd prefer the reward to the punishment. Positive reinforcement as opposed to negative.:wink:

namkcuR said:

Good plan! :wink:

glenn said:
I hope it ends in a tie, it will save us from a round of blowout voting.

I sure don't!

This is too tense. If I weren't typing with my fingers, I probably would have chewed my nails off by now.

VOTE POPHEART!

What a round. I feel exhausted from just watching it ... and I have a sinking feeling in my stomach. Come on, two people, please vote for Popheart? Pretty please?

And Liam, what's your second single? I know the first is NYD.

...CLUE: I recieved one of the B-sides yesterday, like you. (If you don't watch the Setlists forum, it was 11 O Clock Tick Tock (long))

Seriously, if those two singles were the two left, I wouldn't vote. They're equally good. But I have a soft spot for some treasure. :drool:

Ah, Pride!

I had this fear a couple of rounds ago that I'd have to vote for Pride to save UF. UF is #1 and Pride is #4 for me.

liamcool said:
Actually, I prefer Tick Tock to Pride, but Pride is the next best thing...because someone eliminated Tick Tock early...bastard.

That annoyed me too, but then again, it's not as if the studio version could even hope to compare to the live version. I would have kicked it by now anyway, I think.

2:30 version from Rokslide....wait, that's not right...

I honestly don't know how many versions of some songs I have..I've usually lost count. What's a shame though is that the boys wrote songs before Boy, but didn't use them in the following tour to fill up the set, but at least that way, we got some songs twice. Still, Pete The Chop would have been an awesome single, and was the last pre-Boy song that didn't make it onto an album to be played live.

liamcool said:
2:30 version from Rokslide....wait, that's not right...

I honestly don't know how many versions of some songs I have..I've usually lost count. What's a shame though is that the boys wrote songs before Boy, but didn't use them in the following tour to fill up the set, but at least that way, we got some songs twice. Still, Pete The Chop would have been an awesome single, and was the last pre-Boy song that didn't make it onto an album to be played live.

Well, that's not quite true, as 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Touch, Boy/Girl, and Things To Make And Do didn't make the Boy album either. :wink: But yeah, I wish they had used some unreleased material to pad out the Boy sets - though they did bring in material for the upcoming October later!

You know, people say October was so difficult as Bono lost all the lyrics and such - but they had HEAPS of songs in reserve from before Boy! Heck, they could have made a double album out of Boy with all the material they had.

Yeah. Let's make a list of the unreleased material...

1. Inside Out
2. Tonight
3. False Prophet
4. Alone In The Light
5. Trevor
6. Jack In The Box
7. The Magic Carpet
8. The Fool
9. Street Mission
10. The Dream Is Over
11. The King's New Clothes
12. Glad To See You Go
13. The Speed Of Life
14. Cartoon World
15. Pete The Chop
16. Father Is An Elephant
17. Carry Me Home

That's some fairly good stuff at the worst there, and 17 songs...if that was on an album, then it'd be the longest album (from memory). It's amazing that the didn't use it.

There's more than that, too.

18. Concentration Cramp
19. The Blind, The Deaf, And The Dumb

... and I can't think of some of the others right now. And Glad To See You Go was a Ramones cover. Such an incredible depth of material there, though. They could have really improved on some of it and brought it up to an album standard.

No, I just know it exists after reading it on a setlist.

And I'm sure there are a couple more that I know, but they just aren't coming to me right now. In any case, I'm surprised NONE of them - especially The Fool and Street Mission - made October, if the loss of lyrics was as serious as it is made out to be.

Oh, I remember one more, from Boy Tour days! Assaulted By Underpants. I'm not kidding.

liamcool said:

Wow...I'm in shock...I wish I had that!

I don't think anyone has it! I just know of an interview in early 1981, in the later stages of the Boy Tour, where Bono mentions writing a song called Assaulted By Underpants. I don't think it was even tested out live, but they did make that song. Probably soundchecked it ...!

And Popheart is in front?! I refuse to believe it just yet. Wow. Wow. *hopes seeing is believing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom