***Survivor: You can't fight fate (Singles Finals Rd 15)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

• The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
UF fanclub - SATS or IGWSHA? (Presuming, that is, we make it past this hellish round - come on, someone vote Popheart!)

NEITHER. I ABSOLUTLEY REFUSE TO VOTE FOR EITHER OF THOSE. Hear me, Axver; We absolutey MUST/NEED to go after SBS or NYD, either or both. They are the worst singles left in the compition(taking into consideration the whole release that is). Do NOT go after the Pop singles yet. DO NOT.

I vote SBS next round, if you ask me.

I'm tempted to not designate a target because I just can't choose which one. I don't want to go after SATS as Your Blue Room and NASOTR are gorgeous songs, but IGWSHA has the tragic Willie Nelson version of Slow Dancing, and the SBS single isn't anything special, though I do love Endless Deep. New Year's Day's live b-sides are good and so is Treasure, so I don't think it should go just yet.

Maybe I won't say a thing about UF and see how voting goes. If, that is, UF makes it! This round is agonisingly close.

namkcuR said:

NEITHER. I ABSOLUTLEY REFUSE TO VOTE FOR EITHER OF THOSE. Hear me, Axver; We absolutey MUST/NEED to go after SBS or NYD, either or both. They are the worst singles left in the compition(taking into consideration the whole release that is). Do NOT go after the Pop singles yet. DO NOT.

I vote SBS next round, if you ask me.

You have a point.... Sunday Bloody Sunday is much weaker than the Pop singles. However, I think New Year's Day is stronger....

Axver said:
I'm tempted to not designate a target because I just can't choose which one. I don't want to go after SATS as Your Blue Room and NASOTR are gorgeous songs, but IGWSHA has the tragic Willie Nelson version of Slow Dancing, and the SBS single isn't anything special, though I do love Endless Deep. New Year's Day's live b-sides are good and so is Treasure, so I don't think it should go just yet.

Maybe I won't say a thing about UF and see how voting goes. If, that is, UF makes it! This round is agonisingly close.

Just out of curiosity, when you say 'tragic Willie Nelson version of Slow Dancing', is that a good tragic or a bad tragic?

namkcuR said:

Just out of curiosity, when you say 'tragic Willie Nelson version of Slow Dancing', is that a good tragic or a bad tragic?

I mean bad. Though, to be clear, there isn't a U2 song I totally dislike (which seems to make me weird here, as I like something about every U2 song), but the Willie Nelson Slow Dancing is very poor compared to the rest of the U2 canon.

And phew, Popheart has taken a one vote lead! This is a horrible wait.

No kidding! I hate this edge of the seat thing. But I have a feeling if Unforgettable Fire makes it, it will be the same next time. :|

29-29 now!

Come oooon UF, come on!

*hates how tense this round is*

Axver said:

Good thinking. Let people choose for themselves rather than picking a target, I think you'll find that most people don't think UF is the worst one there. I don't see how anyone can like Staring at the Sun more than it, and IGWSHA isn't that good either. I'd hate to see all the songs from the past 11 years go though, that means we're all just picking classic ones...

WTF? The way UF and Popheart are going vote-to-vote is peculiar. One gets a one vote lead, the other pegs it back, then may move ahead, then the other pegs it back, and so on ...

I officially hate this round.

glenn said:
When does this poll end, seems to have been going on longer than the other polls. Time is a weird thing.

This poll ends in a little under four hours. It is a 2 day poll, just like every other round in the finals.

IrishDawg said:

Good thinking. Let people choose for themselves rather than picking a target, I think you'll find that most people don't think UF is the worst one there. I don't see how anyone can like Staring at the Sun more than it, and IGWSHA isn't that good either. I'd hate to see all the songs from the past 11 years go though, that means we're all just picking classic ones...

But aren't the classic ones usually better? :eyebrow:

Axver said:
WTF? The way UF and Popheart are going vote-to-vote is peculiar. One gets a one vote lead, the other pegs it back, then may move ahead, then the other pegs it back, and so on ...

I officially hate this round.

I can't wait for it to end, despite what that means. :|

namkcuR said:
New tactic:

If you vote for Popheart from here on out in this round, you will be mailed a check for $10,000.

:lol:

I'm afraid this round will end in a bloody draw. Just vote for Popheart, everyone, just vote for Popheart ...!

namkcuR said:
New tactic:

If you vote for Popheart from here on out in this round, you will be mailed a check for $10,000.

I should have saved my vote!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom