***Survivor: You can't fight fate (Singles Finals Rd 15)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

• The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Richards: [My glasses] were on my head all the time, didn't you see?
Polly: Yes.
Mrs Richards: Didn't God give you eyes?
Polly: I didn't use them; it runs the battery down.

:laugh:

beli said:
Streets has Silver and Gold which is off an album, and Sweetest Thing which is one of my least liked U2 songs ever.

Well, Silver And Gold isn't really off an album. The Streets b-side is the first ever full U2 version. There was the charity one Bono did, then that, then the live performances, of which one ended up on RAH.

Axver said:
Mrs Richards: [My glasses] were on my head all the time, didn't you see?
Polly: Yes.
Mrs Richards: Didn't God give you eyes?
Polly: I didn't use them; it runs the battery down.

:laugh:

:lmao:

"...I can get down the stairs perfectly well by myself"

"Down the stairs? Oh well, dont stop when u get to the basement - keep straight on. Give my regards to the earth's core! And if u give us any more trouble i'll visit u in the small hours and put a bat up ur night-dress"!!!:laugh:

beli said:
Rattle and Hum is an album, for me anyway.

Yeah, but that came a year and a half after the b-side, and it's a live version anyway. The only studio version is on the Streets single.

Aardvark747 said:

"...I can get down the stairs perfectly well by myself"

"Down the stairs? Oh well, dont stop when u get to the basement - keep straight on. Give my regards to the earth's core! And if u give us any more trouble i'll visit u in the small hours and put a bat up ur night-dress"!!!:laugh:

What about the scene where Basil tries to hide his bet, Polly pretends to Sybil that she bet on the horse, and tries to remember its name? Basil makes funny flying actions and points at Sybil.

Polly: FLYING TART!

Axver said:

What about the scene where Basil tries to hide his bet, Polly pretends to Sybil that she bet on the horse, and tries to remember its name? Basil makes funny flying actions and points at Sybil.

Polly: FLYING TART!

..."If I find out the money on that horse was yours - u know what i'll do Basil"...

"YOU'LL HAVE TO SEWE 'EM BACK ON FIRST!!:wink:

Last edited:
beli said:
It doesnt matter to me which came first.

Besides I never bought that single because I'm not really fond of Streets.

:shocked:

You're a strange one. :wink:

OK, I'm logging off Interference for the night, but one last Fawlty Towers joke. Oh, and this is the first Single Survivor thread to pass 100 posts, I think!

American tourist: I couldn't find the highway so I had to drive down this backroad called the M1.
Basil: In England, our cars come with steering wheels.

Not sure if that's word for word. But the American tourist always cracks me up.

American - "This place is the crumbiest, shoddiest, worst-run hotel in THE WHOLE OF WESTERN EUROPE"!!

Major - "NO! NO! I WONT HAVE THAT!....There's that place in Eastbourne....."

:wink:

Night Axver!!

I love Popheart, i was at the Edmonton show that they recorded With or Without You. I can't believe the only way i can save it is to vote for UF. What a shitty target to pick!!

I ended up voting for Pride. I don't know why really, lol! I guess I've never really been into boomerang...

anitram said:
I refuse to vote for Popheart.

Yes, exactly don't vote for a song because some crazed fan tells you too. This is only a "survivor themed" poll not the actually show itself, thank God. Remember voting this way, not on principle, is what got Bush re-elected.

Sorry for the political comment, but it was the best example I could think of.

I will not be voting this round. Normally I would vote for Popheart to protect TUF, but I love Popheart so I won't. Only if it comes down to the point where my vote is the difference between TUF staying and TUF leaving will I vote for Popheart.

theedge111 said:
I love Popheart, i was at the Edmonton show that they recorded With or Without You. I can't believe the only way i can save it is to vote for UF. What a shitty target to pick!!

I think people are going to be unhappy regardless of what the UF fanclub goes for.

And I find it amusing how so many people seem to have a problem with strategy when it has been used - and encouraged! - in the past.

Yeah, Axver, you have gone a little too much with not vote for UF, i have the impression that i will make a mortal sin if i vote for it

Axver said:

I think people are going to be unhappy regardless of what the UF fanclub goes for.

And I find it amusing how so many people seem to have a problem with strategy when it has been used - and encouraged! - in the past.

Very true on both points.

TheRooster said:

Beli in the little time I've been here you have become my favourite Interferencer.

lol. Thanks. I like you too. I love a compliment first thing in the morning. :up:

Some people like to play strategies, and some people, like me, vote before reading the thread. Whatever gets you through.

Last edited:
Axver said:

I have no problem with the strategy, you can have fun with all that bandwagoning and silly stuff if you want (I think it's entertaining actually). Just don't think you're proving anything, or that this poll is gonna give you accurate results as to the best (least objectionable) single...

If you knew this going in, then carry on and nevermind me... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom