***Survivor: You can't fight fate (Singles Finals Rd 15)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

• The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe that show is still going. Its so depressing. Even the opening theme song is depressing. I know why Poms watch crappy Oz soaps - at least the schmaltz is set outside on the beach/ in the sun / having fun.

Corrie always make me think of old women with a scarf wrapped around the head and fag hanging out the mouth.

PS Apparently, Nikki Sanderson and Danny Young (whomever they are) are getting engaged on Monday. I'm reading the crappy news online. :lol:

He was actually at my work but Im not at work so I didnt see him. The Queen was also at my work a couple of years ago and I also couldn't be bothered. lol

Axver, shes not a tart, shes a Princess Consort. :eyebrow:

Aardvark747 said:
U got it Axver! He was over near you recently - down under. Tryin to drum up a bit of support or publicity no doubt! I dont think he got either!:wink:

If Australia held a referendum on becoming a republic tomorrow, we'd be out of the Commonwealth before the Queen could say "oh bother".

beli said:
I cant believe that show is still going. Its so depressing. Even the opening theme song is depressing. I know why Poms watch crappy Oz soaps - at least the schmaltz is set outside on the beach/ in the sun / having fun.

Corrie always make me think of old women with a scarf wrapped around the head and fag hanging out the mouth.

PS Apparently, Nikki Sanderson and Danny Young (whomever they are) are getting engaged on Monday. I'm reading the crappy news online. :lol:

lol! Beli - it is legendary!! It's part of our culture! And it's miles better than Eastenders....although, I must confess - I watch that too!
:reject:

On the subject of Aussie soaps - remember Sons and Daughters!! Yeeaahh!!:rockon:
I used to love that when I was a nipper!
I havent watcher Neighbours or Home n Away in donkeys years now.....although, I do know that Paul Robinson has just shown up again....:yawn:

(Des n Daffnee)!!:rockon:

beli said:
And no Charlie didn't drum up any support, Princess Mary of Tasmark was here at the same time. He had no chance.

He wouldn't have stood a chance anyway.

The only thing going for that family is that they have some cool residences.

Aardvark747 said:

lol! Beli - it is legendary!! It's part of our culture! And it's miles better than Eastenders....although, I must confess - I watch that too!
:reject:

On the subject of Aussie soaps - remember Sons and Daughters!! Yeeaahh!!:rockon:
I used to love that when I was a nipper!
I havent watcher Neighbours or Home n Away in donkeys years now.....although, I do know that Paul Robinson has just shown up again....:yawn:

(Des n Daffnee)!!:rockon:

Mate, while you have good taste in music, you really need to find yourself some quality TV shows!

Fawlty Towers ... :rockon: :up: :yes:

Axver said:

If Australia held a referendum on becoming a republic tomorrow, we'd be out of the Commonwealth before the Queen could say "oh bother".

As much as I would love that to be true, I disagree. We don't have a hope of becoming a republic until most of the WWII vets have passed away. Most of them want to be buried under the flag they fought under and don't want the flag altered.

beli said:

As much as I would love that to be true, I disagree. We don't have a hope of becoming a republic until most of the WWII vets have passed away. Most of them want to be buried under the flag they fought under and don't want the flag altered.

I think that there's enough Charles and Camilla hate for us to be able to get out. If I remember correctly, the first referendum was tight, so now that there's the potential Camilla could become our queen .... yeah, I think we'd go!

Axver said:

Mate, while you have good taste in music, you really need to find yourself some quality TV shows!

Fawlty Towers ... :rockon: :up: :yes:

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!:rockon:

Axver - have no fear - F.T and Monty Python are my fave. shows on earth!
Closely followed by Blackadder!!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!:rockon:

Axver - have no fear - F.T and Monty Python are my fave. shows on earth!
Closely followed by Blackadder!!:wink:

I take it all back! You have SUPERB taste in television shows. Besides M*A*S*H, those are my three favourites. Blackadder is sensational, Monty Python is brilliant, and Fawlty Towers is quite simply the finest television programme ever made in the history of the world. A touch of comedic class. :wink:

The scene in Gourmet Night when Basil bashes his car with the tree branch is, in my opinion, the funniest scene ever made. And all of The Germans is so funny that I cry every time I watch it. Oh, and who can forget Communication Problems: "You can see the sea; it's over there between the land and the sky!" I can quote it for hours. At school, we'd pass lunchtime by telling Fawlty jokes.

Axver said:

I think that there's enough Charles and Camilla hate for us to be able to get out. If I remember correctly, the first referendum was tight, so now that there's the potential Camilla could become our queen .... yeah, I think we'd go!

It wasn't close at all, from memory. The old ducks like the Queen. Charles is a bit of a liability and he does aid the republican cause. Camilla even more so. But I still reckon we need at least 10 more years for the diggers to pass away.

Mind you the questions on that referendum (sp?) were worded to favour the monarchists.

"What did you expect to see from a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The hanging gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically ...?"

Old Woman - "...and the radio doesnt work"....

Basil - "No, the radio works - u dont"...

Old Woman - "WHAT"??

Basil - "I think I can fix it......you scabby old bat"!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

beli said:

It wasn't close at all, from memory. The old ducks like the Queen. Charles is a bit of a liability and he does aid the republican cause. Camilla even more so. But I still reckon we need at least 10 more years for the diggers to pass away.

Mind you the questions on that referendum (sp?) were worded to favour the monarchists.

I was only twelve at the time so I honestly don't remember, but I did have this vague memory that it was something like 55% to 45%.

If Charles and Camilla were to take the throne, then, we'd become a republic before Camilla could even ask "now, where's that brain got to?"

We use a Fawlty Towers episode in Fire Safety training. :up:

I'm sure you can guess which episode. I like Blackadder and Monty Python too but MASH is the biggest pile of poop ever. I cannot stand Allan Alder (sp?). Hes in that Aviator movie and I nearly walked out when his mug flashed across the screen.

:mad:

Aardvark747 said:
Old Woman - "...and the radio doesnt work"....

Basil - "No, the radio works - u dont"...

Old Woman - "WHAT"??

Basil - "I think I can fix it......you scabby old bat"!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Basil: Do you have a hearing aid?

Mrs Richards: Yes I do.

Basil: Would you like me to get it mended?

Mrs Richards: Mended? It's working perfectly alright. I just don't have it on now. It runs the battery down.

:lmao:

beli said:
We use a Fawlty Towers episode in Fire Safety training. :up:

I'm sure you can guess which episode. I like Blackadder and Monty Python too but MASH is the biggest pile of poop ever. I cannot stand Allan Alder (sp?). Hes in that Aviator movie and I nearly walked out when his mug flashed across the screen.

:mad:

My mother got me hooked on M*A*S*H, and I quite like Alan Alda personally.

Though I'd definitely rate Blackadder and Fawlty Towers above it. Nothing can touch Fawlty Towers. Total genius. There is nothing about that series that I do not like.

I love the bit where Basil is trying to read the fire extinguisher instructions upside and rapidly. :lmao:

Unfortunately thats so true. People don't read the instructions until its too late/their in a panic, which is NOT the best time to be learning new skills.

Still really funny though...

how about this one -

"He's DRUNK, SOUSED, POTTED, ANNEBRIATED - GOT IT??"

"I dont beleive it"..

"Neither do I - perhaps it's a dream......(bangs head 3 times on the desk)........No it's not a dream we're stuck with it"!!!:wink:

OK, here's the full scene of Mrs Richards whining about her room for your reading pleasure.

Basil and the hearing impaired Mrs Richards are up in the room she booked, arguing because she's dissatisfied.

Mrs Richards: And another thing, I asked for a room with a view

Basil: Deaf, mad, and blind. This is the view as far as I can remember, madam ... yes, yes, this is the view.

R: I expected something more interesting than that.

B: That is Torquay, madam.

R: That's not good enough.

B: Well may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -

R: Don't be silly. I expected to be able to see the sea.

B: You can see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky.

R: I'd need a telescope to see that.

B: Well may I suggest that you consider moving to a hotel closer to the sea or preferably in it.

R: Now listen to me. I'm not satisfied, but I've decided to stay here. However, I shall expect a reduction.

B: Why? Because Krakatoa's not erupting at the moment?

---

A short while later, still in the room.

Basil: May I ask, do you by any chance have a hearing aid?

Mrs Richards: A what?

B: A HEARING AID!

R: Yes I do have a hearing aid.

B: Would you like me to get it mended?

R: Mended? It's working perfectly alright.

B: No it isn't.

R: I haven't got it turned on at the moment. The battery runs down.

Last edited:
Hospital scene...

"Let's get u back into bed"....

"No let's not - DONT TOUCH ME I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU'VE BEEN"...

"Yes, we must have our little jokes"....

"Yes we must.......My god ur ugly arent you.....my word..."

"I'll get the doctor"....

"You need a plastic surgeon dear not a doctor"!!:wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom