SURVIVOR: Where's Mom? (JT - Round 4)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, you people suck! :p Red Hill is one of the best songs on teh Album as is Bullet. The album version has a clean pure power to it that despite their greatness the live versions will never top (their strengths are elswhere. Oh well Bullet's goin' down no matter what I say and Red Hill next... bah. I vote for In God's Country, a very good song but a light weight one compared to what's left.

But really what's with slagging U2 songs now, especially JT ones. I could understand stuff off of Boy, October, and as late as War, and not liking stuff from UF or Zooropa, Pop, ATYCLB, and even AB. But JT's songs in terms of quality are rock solid. Other than style, there isn't much to knock about them critically. There may be better songs (and ther surely are) but all of these songs are excedingly good. There's a reason this album almost always gets voted in the top 20 rock albums of all time. It may not always be my favourite U2 album depending on my mood, or their most innovative album (though for it's time it was a big departure from the mainstream), but it is solid. Just my little rant. While U2 isn't unassailable (I freely criticise the band and their music) I think this survivor feeling has gotten a tad out of hand. Unless everyone is going overboard in a hppy go lucky fashion and I've missed the point. :eek: ;)

Meh either way. In God's Country

I am having a hard time believing how many people have been voting against RHMT, not just now, but from the very beginning! As several others have said, it is the best, or one of the best, songs on the album. Why is it not appreciated Has anyone ever really listened to it thoroughly, it has such an incredible tune, lyrics, vocals, and musical arrangement. After this contest, I label it not only one of the greatest works they've accomplished, but now the most underrated song too! I know everyone has different taste but the sheer volume of hatred for this song has thrown me for loop. I don't understand it at all. Long live RHMT, and Meeganie, I'll help you!! :yes: (we agree for the second time on something! :D ) But I disagree with you, Blacksword, about IGC. To me it is just like RHMT and I love it just as much. I love them more than RTSS, WOWY and much more than ISHFWILF.

Blacksword, Shaun Vox, it's not that I hate BTBS, it's that it is my least favorite of those remaining. I never voted for it before now, but I find myself forced to to do so.

BTBS

And after mine and Blacky's emotion speeches :sad:

Last edited:
I Still Haven?t Found What I?m Looking For

I just don?t like it...

PS: Hey, Bullet the Blue Sky rocks. I don?t know why you don?t like (There have been people voting for it since the first topic). It has one of the best guitar solos U2 has ever made... maybe it?s only worst than The Fly, New Year?s Day and UTWOFW solos. Bullet has great lyrics too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom