***Survivor: We need new b-sides tonight (Eighties Singles Rd 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• Out Of Control (single version)/Stories For Boys (single version)/Boy-Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 O’clock Tick Tock/Touch

• A Day Without Me/Things To Make And Do

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • I Will Follow/Boy-Girl (live)/Out Of Control (live)

• Fire/J. Swallow/11 O’clock Tick Tock (live)/The Ocean (live)/The Cry --> The Electric Co. (live)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Gloria/I Will Follow (live)

• A Celebration/Trash, Trampoline, And The Party Girl

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

• Two Hearts Beat As One/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO mixes

• Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

• Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

• The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

• I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• One Tree Hill/Bullet The Blue Sky/Running To Stand Still

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Desire/Hallelujah (Here She Comes)/Desire (Hollywood Remix)

• Angel Of Harlem/A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel/Love Rescue Me (live)

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
In a very close round that came down to the wire, with the scored tied with only an hour or two to go, the loser was ...

IN GOD'S COUNTRY

Non-winners list
4. In God's Country
3. Another Day
2. 40
1. When Love Comes To Town

Full results for the previous round
In God's Country - 24 votes
A Day Without Me - 22
Angel Of Harlem - 10
Fire - 9
A Celebration - 6
Two Hearts Beat As One - 4
Pride - 2
Desire - 1
Gloria - 1
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - 1
With Or Without You - 1
The remainder received zero votes.

Total votes = 81

Heat #1: Eighties Singles - Round Five

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the single you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

This is a ONE day timed electronic poll.

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the single you like the least. The single with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. It's not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the singles are listed again, minus the single that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite single from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until there's only two singles left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last single standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, both or all tied singles will be instantly eliminated from the competition.

Have fun!

Last edited:
One Tree Hill. :sad:

It's in my top four U2 songs, I consider the 26 December 1989 performance to be the best live song played by any band ever, and it means a lot to me ... but the single's totally useless and shouldn't even be here. This thread's subject line is just as apt for One Tree Hill as it is for In God's Country.

:sad:

Well, I see Streets finally got its first vote in this competition.

One Tree Hill. For the same reasons I voted for In God's Country. Putting album tracks on a single makes it useless.

As a side note, I will cry if Still Haven't Found gets voted off. Spanish Eyes and Deep in the Heart are two of the best B-sides EVER.

To all of those people voting for A Day Without Me, have you listened to it lately? More particularly, have you listened to Things To Make And Do lately? They're both GREAT songs, and TTMAD is so much fun.

If this gets voted off now ... :mad:

learn2kneel said:
I'm voting for Angel of Harlem till its off, which hopefully will be before A Day Without Me

:up: I'll probably be voting for that once One Tree Hill is gone.

Two Hearts Beat As One...'cause it's only a decent song, while all the other songs left are good or great. The One Tree Hill single is horribly useless, but the songs on it are better than the songs on THBAO.

beau2ifulday said:
Fire/J. Swallow/11 O’clock Tick Tock (live)/The Ocean (live)/The Cry --> The Electric Co. (live) again :down:

:eyebrow:

Those are three excellent live tracks, an atmospheric A-side and an experimental track and you want to vote it off?! :no:

*voted for One Tree Hill/Bullet.../Running...*

Roland of Gilead said:
Fire!

Shame on all you people touching One Tree Hill. You make me sick thinking how you might call yourselves U2 fans. :madspit:

I'm only saying this one more time. I'm voting off One Tree Hill AS A SINGLE because it offers nothing I can't get by listening to Joshua Tree. I don't hate the song and I am quite a U2 fan, so kindly keep your comments to yourself.

Just out of curiosity, to all of you people voting off A Day Without Me:

WHY WHY WHY? Please 'splain. You got some 'splanin' to do.

:mad:

Explain this: Do i vote for all songs on the single?
-then One tree hill
Or do I vote for main song on single?
-A Day Without me

I voted for One Tree Hill-great song but BTBS and RTSS are found on Joshua

Pero said:
Explain this: Do i vote for all songs on the single?
-then One tree hill
Or do I vote for main song on single?
-A Day Without me

I voted for One Tree Hill-great song but BTBS and RTSS are found on Joshua

The whole single. As it says in the instructions:

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

Roland of Gilead said:
Please don't take me seriously. Vote as you wish. I suffer from a disorder. Its called "Will my seat tickets arrive today?" :wink:

'Tis okay. :)

And by the way, I love your sig. The Dark Tower is awesome. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom