***Survivor: Wash away the bad single (Singles Finals Rd 11)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• Out Of Control (single version)/Stories For Boys (single version)/Boy-Girl

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

• Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

• I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• Desire/Hallelujah (Here She Comes)/Desire (Hollywood Remix)

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

• One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

• [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

• Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always/Discotheque (live)/If You Wear That Velvet Dress (live)/Last Night

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (live)/Fast Cars (Ja

Votes: 26 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver, this was a good idea, but it hink that 30 singles are a little too much. You should have made that only 5 from 80's and 7 from 90's(because of new millenium) are in this singles finals

the tourist said:
What's survivor without an alliance?

Hah, exactly.

I am honestly wondering why singles like New Year's Day and AIWIY are still lingering below the radar, and why UF suddenly cropped up on people's radars ...

Pero said:
Axver, this was a good idea, but it hink that 30 singles are a little too much. You should have made that only 5 from 80's and 7 from 90's(because of new millenium) are in this singles finals

There were some problems in organisation. There were 24 singles from the 1980s and 26 from 1990s/2000s, and polls are limited to a total of 30 options. So we ran the 1980s and 1990s/2000s as separate heats and decided to combine them as soon as we had 15 left in each. I am sincerely starting to wonder whether we should have reached the top ten or maybe even the top five in the two divisions before combining for the final.

I'm really surprised Staring At The Sun has lasted as long as it has....

But I can see why All I Want Is You has lasted so long. Despite the fact they're cover songs as B-Sides, I think they're great cover songs!

I can see If God Will Send His Angels staying because of Slow Dancing and Two Shots... being quirky b-sides. But I must admit If God... is my least favourite Pop song.

the tourist said:
But I can see why All I Want Is You has lasted so long. Despite the fact they're cover songs as B-Sides, I think they're great cover songs!

That's true, they are indeed great. However, I wouldn't like to see them stay at the expense of good original b-sides.

The Pop singles probably don't have much life left in them and should go. I'm also wondering when people are going to gang up on EBTTRT because it has the remix version of the single along with the b-side version.

Slow Dancing, on the IGSWHA single, isn't an enjoyable listen in my opinion. Get Willie Nelson out of there.

I'd like The Fly to go far, as Alex Descends Into Hell is a fantastic b-side. But I haven't heard the Lounge Fly. :reject: I'd love it if anyone could send it to amakaxver@gmail.com if at all possible, thank you! :)

I'd take Unforgettable Fire any day over All I Want Is You. In fact, the only three singles that I'd compare it to are Still Haven't Found, Streets, and With Or Without You.

the tourist said:
I'd take Unforgettable Fire any day over All I Want Is You. In fact, the only three singles that I'd compare it to are Still Haven't Found, Streets, and With Or Without You.

I'd add Pride to that list. Those are my five favourite singles. Stunning b-sides for all of them. Put them together and you'd have an incredible album.

Axver said:

I'd add Pride to that list. Those are my five favourite singles. Stunning b-sides for all of them. Put them together and you'd have an incredible album.

True! One must add Promenade, 4th of July, and Bad, though. And throw in Heartland just to round it out. :drool:

the tourist said:

True! One must add Promenade, 4th of July, and Bad, though. And throw in Heartland just to round it out. :drool:

Let's make this album!

What a pool of songs:
Pride
Boomerangs I and II
4th Of July (with the obligatory Promenade and Bad)
11 O'clock Tick Tock
Touch
The Unforgettable Fire
A Sort Of Homecoming
The Three Sunrises
Love Comes Tumbling
Bass Trap
Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
MLK
Where The Streets Have No Name
Race Against Time
Silver And Gold
The Sweetest Thing
With Or Without You
Luminous Times
Walk To The Water
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Spanish Eyes
Deep In The Heart
Heartland

Put that in a good order and you have another U2 masterpiece. :drool: :drool:

will this be the round that that pile of remixed crap SYCMIOYO finally goes?!?!?
please say yes, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom