***Survivor: Walking on out of the competition with vertigo (Singles Finals Rd 10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• Out Of Control (single version)/Stories For Boys (single version)/Boy-Girl

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

• Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

• I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• Desire/Hallelujah (Here She Comes)/Desire (Hollywood Remix)

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

• One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

• [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

• If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

• Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always/Discotheque (live)/If You Wear That Velvet Dress (live)/Last Night

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Electrical Storm/Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)/New York (Nice and Nasty Mixes)/Bad --> 40 -->

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (live)/Fast Cars (Ja

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Axver said:

I honestly am very suspicious of this sudden tide of votes, though. Even if this were a song I weren't keen on, I'd be suspicious of something. Singles simply don't go from 5 to 13 in the second day of voting in this competition.

It's insane how it could jump up 7 votes on the 2nd day when there are only 30,000something registered users to this site. :eyebrow: maybe people who don't normally vote stumbled across it like I did.

BTW, I voted for TUF. In my book, it's the worst song left up there. And my first criteria is to look at the A side, because with a weak A side, then the b-sides are pointlessis pretty much nothing. I've always found the studio version of TUF to be incredibly cheesy with the synths. Three Sunrises is also cringeworthy in my opinion. The only song worthy on that single was "Love Comes Tumbling," but that can't make up for a terrible studio performance in TUF (I say studio because the live version is great).

What the fuck is going on??? Why is everyone voting for TUF??
Such a fantastic song. in my top three i think. ok the B sides are n't that great but the A-side is phenomenal, you can really feel Brian Eno's influence on it and the vocals are excellent as well.

obviously it isn't as good as the rest......

Wow. I've lost all respect for poll-voters on this site. Assholes. Thank you for handing us the best single to be eliminated.

ImOuttaControl said:

It's insane how it could jump up 7 votes on the 2nd day when there are only 30,000something registered users to this site. :eyebrow: maybe people who don't normally vote stumbled across it like I did.

BTW, I voted for TUF. In my book, it's the worst song left up there. And my first criteria is to look at the A side, because with a weak A side, then the b-sides are pointlessis pretty much nothing. I've always found the studio version of TUF to be incredibly cheesy with the synths. Three Sunrises is also cringeworthy in my opinion. The only song worthy on that single was "Love Comes Tumbling," but that can't make up for a terrible studio performance in TUF (I say studio because the live version is great).

Beautiful Day's synths are 100x more cheesy, kid.

the tourist said:

Beautiful Day's synths are 100x more cheesy, kid.

Ever heard of something called an opinion, kid (a description that seems to fit your comments a bit better).

Thanks for reminding me why I normally stay out of these polls-- certain people become whiny, immature bitches when their favorite songs are in danger.

I also voted for UF, though I honestly did not expect it to be kicked out this round. I do not share the sentiments of many here, especially Axver, about the UF era, its always ranked 11 in my list of U2 albums. I can't stand Bass Trap and 60 seconds. I've never been a fan of A Sort of Homecoming it drags on too long or MLK. Three sunrises and Love comes tumbling are songs with flashes of brilliance. In my opinion I feel like the B-sides here are throwaways and the only song I think of as excellent is the title track. I've always felt that UF was a stepping stone for U2, they drew the outline of where they wanted to go but they hadn't quite figured out how to get there. I know I will incur the wrath of Axver and many others, but its just my opinion.

Axver said:

I've been keeping personal bias out of my main competition posts and toning it down

:lmao:

Come on.

As an aside, I don't get the TUF votes at this point and I can't believe I'm gonna have to vote for Sometimes AGAIN next round. Jeez!

TheRooster said:
I also voted for UF, though I honestly did not expect it to be kicked out this round. I do not share the sentiments of many here, especially Axver, about the UF era, its always ranked 11 in my list of U2 albums. I can't stand Bass Trap and 60 seconds. I've never been a fan of A Sort of Homecoming it drags on too long or MLK. Three sunrises and Love comes tumbling are songs with flashes of brilliance. In my opinion I feel like the B-sides here are throwaways and the only song I think of as excellent is the title track. I've always felt that UF was a stepping stone for U2, they drew the outline of where they wanted to go but they hadn't quite figured out how to get there. I know I will incur the wrath of Axver and many others, but its just my opinion.

Great post!

This is essentially how I view the UF era... flashes of the brilliance that was yet to come.

Although I cannot understand the dragging in A Sort Of Homecoming!:ohmy:

If UF goes... I won't be pissed, there a single which have gone which I appreciate far more, and there are ones left that I appreciate far more.

Whoa! What's with all the sudden voting for TUF? That sure came out of nowhere. I think the B-sides on that single are pretty good...not the caliber B-side of the JT singles, for sure, but still far better than Boy/Girl, for example.

ImOuttaControl said:

Ever heard of something called an opinion, kid (a description that seems to fit your comments a bit better).

Thanks for reminding me why I normally stay out of these polls-- certain people become whiny, immature bitches when their favorite songs are in danger.

I like how you say something is cheesy, but then when someone says something you like is cheesy, you act all hurt. Good quality to have. Kid.

the tourist said:

I like how you say something is cheesy, but then when someone says something you like is cheesy, you act all hurt. Good quality to have. Kid.

Oh grow up. I called it like it was. You were being one of those "whiny, immature little bitches" I mentioned because of your rant calling people who voted for TUF "assholes." You felt the need to turn something which is completely an opinion into a personal insult of whoever voted against your song. How childish.

It's hillarious you assume you think I acted like you saying the synths in Beautiful Day hurt me! I don't even like beautiful day! LOL.

What I don't like is the fact that you need to bash people's opinions with personal insults. I respect your opinion, and you should do the same with other people. I don't respect people who need to resort to insulting others personally because they have a different opinion. That buddy is a real good quality to have.

ImOuttaControl said:

Oh grow up. I called it like it was. You were being one of those "whiny, immature little bitches" I mentioned because of your rant calling people who voted for TUF "assholes." You felt the need to turn something which is completely an opinion into a personal insult of whoever voted against your song. How childish.

It's hillarious you assume you think I acted like you saying the synths in Beautiful Day hurt me! I don't even like beautiful day! LOL.

What I don't like is the fact that you need to bash people's opinions with personal insults. I respect your opinion, and you should do the same with other people. I don't respect people who need to resort to insulting others personally because they have a different opinion. That buddy is a real good quality to have.

As I read through what I've written, I've nothing to say. You are right. I've not had a good day and thusly I've posted like a complete jerk. So therefore, I apologize.

Headaches, possible band break-ups, and a lack of food bring me to idiocy. :reject:

ImOuttaControl said:

I run the competition so I think I'd be pretty familiar with the patterns of voting, and not one single has EVER seen a surge in voting like this in the entire history of the competition.

Fact: You have shit taste. I may disagree with a lot of Interferencers on matters of taste, but your poor taste is simply annoying.

By the way, if you haven't noticed the actual critieria of the competition - rather than your self-imposed critiera - it clearly states that it is the whole single release against the whole other single releases. Do yourself a favour and read.

Tourist, mate, don't back down.

Back
Top Bottom