***Survivor: Wake up, demise of another dull single (Eighties Singles Rd 4)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• Out Of Control (single version)/Stories For Boys (single version)/Boy-Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 O’clock Tick Tock/Touch

• A Day Without Me/Things To Make And Do

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • I Will Follow/Boy-Girl (live)/Out Of Control (live)

• Fire/J. Swallow/11 O’clock Tick Tock (live)/The Ocean (live)/The Cry --> The Electric Co. (live)

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Gloria/I Will Follow (live)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • A Celebration/Trash, Trampoline, And The Party Girl

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

• Two Hearts Beat As One/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO mixes

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

• Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

• With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

• I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• In God’s Country/Bullet The Blue Sky/Running To Stand Still

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • One Tree Hill/Bullet The Blue Sky/Running To Stand Still

• Desire/Hallelujah (Here She Comes)/Desire (Hollywood Remix)

• Angel Of Harlem/A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel/Love Rescue Me (live)

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
The last round was initially very close, but in the last ten hours, the result suddenly became very clear and the loser was ...

ANOTHER DAY

Non-winners list
3. Another Day
2. 40
1. When Love Comes To Town

Full results for the previous round
Another Day - 25 votes
In God's Country - 15
A Day Without Me - 14
Angel Of Harlem - 7
A Celebration - 4
Two Hearts Beat As One - 4
Desire - 3
Fire - 2
Gloria - 1
One Tree Hill - 1
The Unforgettable Fire - 1
The remainder received zero votes.

Total votes = 78

Heat #1: Eighties Singles - Round Four

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the single you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

This is a ONE day timed electronic poll.

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the single you like the least. The single with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. It's not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the singles are listed again, minus the single that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite single from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until there's only two singles left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last single standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, both or all tied singles will be instantly eliminated from the competition.

Have fun!

I don't understand why In God's Country is still here. Get rid of it, people. It may be a good song. The b-sides may be good songs. But it's just repetition of tracks on The Joshua Tree and completely USELESS. It has to go. Don't waste your vote on anything else.

miss becky said:
In God's Country.

Again.

Aren't you getting sick of voting for it? Let's hope it finally departs this time.

WTF? Another Day is so awesome.........and "Twilight" is dare I say it......BETTER than the album version.......

IGC better be leaving this round.

BigMacPhisto said:
WTF? Another Day is so awesome.........and "Twilight" is dare I say it......BETTER than the album version.......

Most people will disagree with you there. Personally, I enjoy both versions. And I'm a bit disappointed a non-album a-side with a semi-original b-side left before redundant singles like In God's Country.

Wow. These rounds are going fast. I just voted on the last one this morning.

And I voted for Angel of Harlem, again. It's just the obvious choice. I'm wondering if people have even heard A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel? Surely, you'd be voting off this single as well if you had.:|

U2dork said:

And I voted for Angel of Harlem, again. It's just the obvious choice. I'm wondering if people have even heard A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel? Surely, you'd be voting off this single as well if you had.:|

I happen to like that song a lot. :)

U2dork said:

Due to the number of rounds, I'm running one a day. I may slow it to one every two days in later rounds.

I'm listening to Heartbreak Hotel right now. Not a bad song, but not spectacular either. Definitely b-side material, but still better than Love Rescue Me.

Well, I guess this is another example of the varying tastes of Interferencers. Just the other day someone said Hallelujah Here She Comes was the worst b-side when, in fact, I think it's one of their best. Of course, it was on the first U2 single I ever bought so it may be sheer nostalgia for me.

I'm just working on the format of the nineties/2000s singles in advance. I'd like some feedback, as this one will be a little more difficult to organise.

Remember before commenting that we are voting on the whole worldwide release without country bias, thus we are voting on the release as a whole and not individual versions.

- The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix
- Mysterious Ways/Numerous remixes
- One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix)/Numerous EBTTRT remixes
- Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (both Temple Bar Edit and Remix)/Paint It Black/Fortunate Son/Salome (Zooromancer Remix)/Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Triple Peaks Remix)
- Numb/Numb (Video Remix)/Love Is Blindness [Note: video single]
- Lemon/Numerous remixes
- Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad Yard Club Edit)/Lemon (The Perfecto Mix)/Bullet The Blue Sky (live)/Love Is Blindness (live)
- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me/Themes From Batman Forever [NOT U2]/Tell Me Now [NOT U2]
- Miss Sarajevo/One (live)/Bottoms (Watashitachi No Ookina Yume) [Zoo Station Remix]/Viva Davidoff
- Discotheque/Holy Joe (Garage Mix)/Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)/Numerous Discotheque remixes
- Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes
- Last Night On Earth (Single Mix)/Last Night On Earth (First Night In Hell Mix)/Pop Muzik (Popmart Mix)/Happiness Is A Warm Gun (The Gun and Danny Saber Mixes)/Numb (Soul Assassins Mix)
- [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring At The Sun (live)
- Please (single version)/Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)/Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss)/I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub)
- If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad/Sunday Bloody Sunday (live)/Mofo (Romin Remix)
- Mofo remixes/If God Will Send His Angels (The Grand Jury Mix)
- The Sweetest Thing (single version)/Twilight (live)/An Cat Dubh --> Into The Heart (live)/Stories For Boys (live)/Out Of Control (live)/With Or Without You
- Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always/Discotheque (live)/If You Wear That Velvet Dress (live)/Last Night On Earth (live)
- Stuck In A Moment/Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)/Big Girls Are Best/Beautiful Day remixes/Elevation (Vandit Club Remix)/live performances of Beautiful Day, New York, All I Want Is You, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Stay
- Elevation remixes/Beautiful Day remixes/Don't Take Your Guns To Town/Last Night On Earth (live)/I Remember You (live)/New York (live)/I Will Follow (live)
- Walk On (various edits)/Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)/Elevation (Vandit Club Mix)/Stay (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/Gone (live)
- Electrical Storm/Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)/New York (Nice and Nasty Mixes)/Bad --> 40 --> Where The Streets Have No Name (live)
- Vertigo/Are You Gonna Wait Forever?/Neon Lights/Vertigo remixes
- All Because Of You/Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix)
- Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (live)/Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix)/Ave Maria (Jacknife Lee Mix)/Vertigo (Redanka Power Mix)/Vertigo (Trent Reznor Mix)

I had particular trouble with Stuck, Elevation, and Walk On, due to the various versions that were released, and I didn't want to double up on b-sides too much. If anyone has any further suggestions or improvements, I would LOVE to hear them.

Why can't U2 just be simple with their single releases? Heh.

I swear, if the same as yesterday happens and I go to bed tonight with a good chance of In God's Country losing only to wake up tomorrow morning and find something else received a flurry of votes ... :mad:

Axver said:
I swear, if the same as yesterday happens and I go to bed tonight with a good chance of In God's Country losing only to wake up tomorrow morning and find something else received a flurry of votes ... :mad:

maybe IGC will turn out to be the ATYCLB of this survivor.... i remember so many people getting so angry because ATYCLB just wasn't being voted off......

let's see what happens though.... it isn't looking good for IGC right now....

When I went to bed last night, Another Day and In God's Country both had 15. IGC finished on 15, Another Day ran away with an extra 10. Right now, 12 to A Day Without Me, 17 to IGC. Roughly the same amount of total votes as at this time last night.

It could go any way.

I'm actually quite happy that this has turned out to be close so far.

Fire/J. Swallow/11 O’clock Tick Tock (live)/The Ocean (live)/The Cry --> The Electric Co. (live)

Be gone with it!

A Day Without Me and In God's Country are tied at 20 now. SOMEBODY VOTE FOR IGC, GET IT OFF!!! It is useless! A Day Without Me contains 'Things To Make And Do', one U2's best B-Sides of the first half of the 80s!!!!!! VOTE IGC!!!!!!!

namkcuR said:
A Day Without Me and In God's Country are tied at 20 now. SOMEBODY VOTE FOR IGC, GET IT OFF!!! It is useless! A Day Without Me contains 'Things To Make And Do', one U2's best B-Sides of the first half of the 80s!!!!!! VOTE IGC!!!!!!!

I'll echo that! Now ADWM has gone to 22! What did I post last night? Bleh! You can't kick off something with an original b-side when the useless single that is IGC is still hanging around.

But there have only been 70 votes thus far. The last two rounds saw 78. So let's hope those eight are wise and vote IGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom