SURVIVOR: Throw a rock and yeah you're bound to hit a voter (Zooropa - Round 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to sound like a noncomformist and just want whatever is least popular to win, but to be honest Zooropa is probably the best and most unique song out of the bunch... espeically that kick-ass last 2 minutes

Therefore my vote will go to the lackluster Numb... a very pointless song with little emotion.

Get rid of "Stay (Faraway So Close)".

While it's inevitible that Numb will be thrown off U2 Island, I will not contribute to its downfall until the last round, when I presume my favorite will still be standing.

Also....I don't think most of you understand the masterpiece of Numb. Not only does it sound like it's message of numbness, it is sung in a monontonous tone. U2 were brilliant on this track, by altering their whole style to fit the performance-art interpretation expressed in not only making the song's music and lyrics sound as apathetic as the message, but by creating a video that exhibited the 20th century's perrenial pasttime of watching television and missing the rest of what life offers.

For this reason I will not vote for "Numb". "Stay" is a good song, but is as generic as U2 comes to a sappy love song. "Numb" will stand out for years as one of U2's greatest song experiment, and sense it reflects the ambiance of Zooropa, I'd say it deserves a place amongst the Top 3.

Numb must go !!!(but it will return in the 2004 tour, I'm sure. That or Van Diemen's Land, unless Mr. EDGE puls another great song of his own)

PEPO
ACROBAT, ZOOROPA, MOFO and WALK ON FAN CLUB PRESIDENT (join now... for tomorrow!!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom