***Survivor: Started A Landslide In The Voting (Eighties Singles Rd 6)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• Out Of Control (single version)/Stories For Boys (single version)/Boy-Girl

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 11 O’clock Tick Tock/Touch

• I Will Follow/Boy-Girl (live)/Out Of Control (live)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire/J. Swallow/11 O’clock Tick Tock (live)/The Ocean (live)/The Cry --> The Electric Co. (live)

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Gloria/I Will Follow (live)

• A Celebration/Trash, Trampoline, And The Party Girl

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

• Two Hearts Beat As One/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO mixes

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

• Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

• The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

• I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• One Tree Hill/Bullet The Blue Sky/Running To Stand Still

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Desire/Hallelujah (Here She Comes)/Desire (Hollywood Remix)

• Angel Of Harlem/A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel/Love Rescue Me (live)

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Although the last round saw the lowest participation of any thus far and was initially close, the result became very apparent in the end and the non-winner was ...

A DAY WITHOUT ME

Non-winners list
5. A Day Without Me
4. In God's Country
3. Another Day
2. 40
1. When Love Comes To Town

Full results for the previous round
A Day Without Me - 24 votes
One Tree Hill - 13
Angel Of Harlem - 8
Fire - 7
A Celebration - 2
Desire - 2
Two Hearts Beat As One - 2
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - 1
The Unforgettable Fire - 1
Where The Streets Have No Name - 1
The remainder received zero votes.

Total votes = 61

Heat #1: Eighties Singles - Round Six

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the single you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

This is a ONE day timed electronic poll.

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the single you like the least. The single with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. It's not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the singles are listed again, minus the single that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite single from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until there's only two singles left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last single standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, both or all tied singles will be instantly eliminated from the competition.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Just vote One Tree Hill, people.

It may be in my top five U2 songs, but the single itself is totally useless. All it does is repeat tracks already available on The Joshua Tree. At least all the other singles have something original on them.

biff said:
One Tree Hill, again. (Am still pouting over A Day without Me--what is wrong with you people?:mad: :grumpy: )

:D

They're mentally deranged. :wink:

Why would anyone want to save the useless single that is One Tree Hill?

True, but I still think it's the weakest single left up there, except for maybe One Tree Hill, but that seems to be getting enough votes already. I especially can't believe Fire is doing so poorly. J. Swallow is an sxcellent b-side, and then you have three great live performances from their early years. That's a class single.

Good idea, this Survivor! I take it it's based on the actual record itself, B-sides and all. Keep Pride and Unforgettable Fire for the last two. Best singles I ever heard from U2 (eighties-wise) strongest collection of B-sides on each, in my opinion.

beli said:

:lol:

Someone presumed I was male, again, so I'm trying to "femanise" my "appearance" . :slant:

Well, folks here (including the mods) seem to have always thought that I am a male as well, despite or perhaps because of my pants (pants....:drool: ). Although I must say my pants aren't "brindle", actually more non-existant.
:wink:

biff said:

Well, folks here (including the mods) seem to have always thought that I am a male as well

I thought you were male. :reject:

biff said:

Well, folks here (including the mods) seem to have always thought that I am a male as well, despite or perhaps because of my pants (pants....:drool: ). Although I must say my pants aren't "brindle", actually more non-existant.
:wink:

lol. I am actually wearing pants today. Fancy that. And in this heat too.

I saw you post in PLEBA so I generalised and presumed you were female. I think your sheep needs some pink wellies. :wink:

With my name its a bit more understandable. Apparently its a boys name in various Eastern European countries. It's usually Euros that presume I'm a bloke.

I have a feeling one of the big 3 from The Joshua Tree is going to win. All very strong A-sides with very strong B-sides.

Personally, I hope Pride, UF, or WOWY wins this thing. Sensational singles with incredible b-sides.

By the way ... I'm having problems with my Internet, so if I'm not here to start a new round, I'd appreciate it if a premium member would. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom