SURVIVOR: Ssssssssssssss...... (UF - Round 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
The last round was completely neck and neck until the last couple votes. The loser by a 19-16 margin is...

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE!!!

LOSER LIST
7. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Indian Summer Sky
5. MLK
4. Wire
3. Promenade
2. Elvis Presley and America
1. 4th of July

The votes broke down as follows:
The Unforgettable Fire - 19
Bad - 16
A Sort of Homecoming - 2
Pride (In the Name of Love) - 1

Please vote off one of the following:
1. A Sort of Homecoming
2. Pride (In the Name of Love)
7. Bad

As much as it kills me to do this...I have to vote for Bad. If we were voting for the live versions I wouldn't have done that in a million years, but alas, the other two are superior studio versions.

"Brave, brave Bad, you shall not have died in vain!"

"Uh, I'm-- I'm not quite dead, sir."

"Well, you shall not have been mortally wounded in vain!"

"I-- I-- I think I c-- I could pull through, sir."

"Oh, I see."

"Actually, I think I'm all right to come with you, sir--"

"No, no, sweet Bad! Stay here! I will send help as soon as I have accomplished a daring and heroic rescue in my own particular...
[sigh]"

"Idiom, sir?"

"Idiom!"

"No, I feel fine, actually, sir."

"Farewell, sweet Bad!"

"I'll, um-- I'll just stay here, then. Shall I, sir? Yeah. "

Thank you, thank you. Those of you who know what that is (paraphrased) from, that was for you.

:drunk:

I vote for a Sort of Homecoming because much like the dilema with Bad. I love the live version of this song. I just think the studio version of Bad holds up better then the studio of SH.

Eh, I'm torn between "Bad" and "A Sort of Homecoming." HONESTLY, I'm not so sure at the moment. I'll get back to you when the votes start piling up ;)

So sad :(
bawling2.gif

My 2 favorites went right in a row. Mean people! :scream: I would have picked UF as #1.

Though I don't hate Bad, it was never a favorite and doesn't have the beauty or special feeling of most of the rest of UF IMO. So once again I will vote

BAD!

Catman said:
Eh, I'm torn between "Bad" and "A Sort of Homecoming." HONESTLY, I'm not so sure at the moment. I'll get back to you when the votes start piling up ;)

Please, vote BAD, you've been against the BAD alliance all along and ASOH has no one on its side but Salome. Bad has been bad and deserves to go! ;)

Hmmm ... tough call. I'm tossing between all of them ... I'm not going to vote for Bad. I can't. The studio version holds special memories for me. So Pride or ASOH?

With great reluctance, my vote goes to ASOH.

Well, Pride is possibly my favourite U2 song, and ASOH just has this sweet innocence about it so I can't vote it off.

So goodbye Bad!

... I still love you though ...

I vote for Pride out of spite.

If the UF studio version of Bad is going to bite the dust we need to make sure "Wide Awake in America" is given a vote.

Ah crap. This just gets merrier by the day doesn't it? :wink:

Hmm. I dont like the studio version of Pride, even though on the UF vid it was interesting watching it finally come together in the end, it does pick up a lot of points live...which is not the criteria...Hmm...ASOH...Bad...Pride...

Pride. Yes, Pride it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom