***SURVIVOR: Scent of a New Born Babys Bottom (HTDAAB - Rd 11)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote [b]FOR[/b] the song you [b]LOVE [/b]the most

• I :heart: Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Votes: 94 53.4%
  • I :heart: City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 82 46.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
beli said:
Please remember that this is only a GAME.

If your favourite song doesn't win or someone says something you dont like - whooptidy doo. Your favourite song is still your favourite song. This is a GAME.

Have fun :mad:

As long as there are no assuming comments on people's picks we should be fine.

Browneyed boy: wrong. The story had nothing to do with why this song got so many votes.

Last edited:
BrownEyedBoy said:
If you didn't know the story behind somtimes you'd vote for City.

Don't be so pompous. Even if I didn't know the story behind the song, I'd still rank it as my favourite! Not knowing the background to many other U2 classics hasn't prevented me from loving those songs either.

Sometimes to win!:D

BrownEyedBoy said:
If you didn't know the story behind somtimes you'd vote for City.

I'm tempted to say that too. I'd love to know how different this would be if SYCMIOYO didn't have the story.

I don't feel it really gets going until the third minute anyway.

People wouldn't vote for Miracle Drug/City of blinding lights/Original of the species/One step closer/Crumbs from your table if it wasn't for the story behind it.

:blahblah:

U2girl said:
People wouldn't vote for Miracle Drug/City of blinding lights/Original of the species/One step closer/Crumbs from your table if it wasn't for the story behind it.

:blahblah:

Please do not mock other peoples opinions. If you disagree then say so but snide remarks are uncalled for.

U2_Guy said:

Gerard Butler would make a perfect James Bond. I vote for him now that Brosnan is retired from the role.

Hahaha. For some reason this was quite funny. Oh how I loved the Bond thread.

Lancemc said:

Hahaha. For some reason this was quite funny. Oh how I loved the Bond thread.

I think i miss this Bond thread... Do you have a link? I'm a huge Bond fan. And Butler would really make a perfect 007... But my sources tell me James Purefoy will be the new 00...

stagman said:
oh crap, I can't believe it... I bet the ratio of guys to girls is way in favour of the girls...which is why SYCMIOYO is gonna win.

Im a girl and I want City to win.

I ran a gender poll once (what can I say, Im a poll nut) and the population of this site is only slightly more female. Pretty much even, actually.

Thats the great thing about U2 is that they have about an equal number of fans from both genders, one of very few bands to do so.

beli said:

Please do not mock other peoples opinions. If you disagree then say so but snide remarks are uncalled for.

I didn't.
The same thing people say about Sometimes can be said for those songs I mentioned.

I think it's very uncalled for to say Sometimes only gets votes because of Bono and the story behind. We have our own brain to think with.

U2girl said:

I think it's very uncalled for to say Sometimes only gets votes because of Bono and the story behind. We have our own brain to think with.

Exactly. Everyone has their own brain to make their own opinions on everything.

I stated my opinion. Use your own brain to decide if you agree with it or not. Its an opinion. Im just as entitled to mine as you are to yours. As is anyone else.

And this is a game. Its not important. This is supposed to be fun. If you want to get all serious about it start your own thread.

Let the fun continue :mad:

How is "Sometimes would never get so many votes if it wasn't for the story behind it" an opinion?
Several people claim this IS the reason, the FACT why it gets so many votes.

Which is insulting, both to the song and the people who liked it. If you feel bad Sometimes is going to win, don't be a sore loser about it and quit assuming its votes' reasoning.

This stopped being fun when 2 or 3 votings ahead people started to moan that Sometimes is "going to win so we might as well stop doing this", combined with the put downs on the song and the comments about why it gets its votes.

Thanks for selectively quoting me, though.

U2girl said:
How is "Sometimes would never get so many votes if it wasn't for the story behind it" an opinion?
Several people claim this IS the reason, the FACT why it gets so many votes.

Its an opinion. Its not a fact. Facts are the result of scientific analysis. This thread is full of people yabbering. There are no facts here.

U2girl said:

Which is insulting, both to the song and the people who liked it. If you feel bad Sometimes is going to win, don't be a sore loser about it and quit assuming its votes' reasoning.

I dont feel bad about Sometimes winning. I expected it right from the go. I dont care, its just a game. I feel bad about the people dieing in Indonesia. I couldnt care less which song wins this poll. My favourite is A Man and A Woman, regardless of the outcome of this poll.

U2girl said:

This stopped being fun when 2 or 3 votings ahead people started to moan that Sometimes is "going to win so we might as well stop doing this", combined with the put downs on the song and the comments about why it gets its votes.

You are just as welcome to play as anyone else but if you arent having fun, no one is making you stay.

U2girl said:

Thanks for selectively quoting me, though.

If you believe people are voting for Miracle Drug, and the other songs you mentioned, because of the stories behind those songs, thats okay. Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. What is there to discuss? Thats why I didnt quote your entire post.

Please let this thread continue and not be held up by this kind of arguing. If you want to argue please go and make your own thread. This is a poll. The purpose is to permit people to vote.

--------

Theres still over a day of voting to go, folks, so keep em coming.

beli said:

I did write, highlight, and smilie everything important so the only people who could make mistakes are some newbies who dont read. Shouldnt be too many of those.

I did read it,, just after i voted :wink:

Fun poll, wrong winner :wink: Opinion not a fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom