***Survivor: Popping out of the competiton (Singles Finals Rd 16)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IrishDawg said:
I agree with the quote timothius made earlier. People aren't voting for Sunday Bloody Sunday because it's the worst song (which is what the whole point of the poll is), but to protect a song. JUST PICK WHICH ONE YOU LIKE LEAST. Sunday Bloody Sunday is not the worst single up there, and by voting it off, more people will dislike UF because Sunday Bloody Sunday was ganged up on.

I voted for Sunday Bloody Sunday because I think it is the weakest single left. It may be a strong A-Side if that is all we're counting. But it's not. The single, as a release, is the worst single left.

So, tourist, what one do you like least for the next round?

Axver, do you have that One tree hill live that you're saying is the best of the best?
Cause i'd love to have it.

Pero said:
Axver, do you have that One tree hill live that you're saying is the best of the best?
Cause i'd love to have it.

I don't think I have it in MP3, though I could try to find it for you ...

And this round is agonisingly close. :| SBS leads by one. Come on, live, make it to the next round!

ImOuttaControl said:
Pero and whoever else want's to hear Axver's baby:

http://s39.y o u s e n d i t.com/d.aspxid=38GEOYCEBDLNH3HT7ZZTN0EIB4

Good version of the song; the guitar solo is pretty cool.

jesus, you posted that like twenty minutes ago if that and it's already expired!

Can someone upload it again?

Great, great performance - though I wouldn't go as far to say it's 'the best live performance of any song by any band ever' like Axver claims.

I'm curious though...is there some kind of major difference between this version and the other lovetown performances of OTH that makes this one so much better?

namkcuR said:
Great, great performance - though I wouldn't go as far to say it's 'the best live performance of any song by any band ever' like Axver claims.

I'm curious though...is there some kind of major difference between this version and the other lovetown performances of OTH that makes this one so much better?

The extended solo and the additional impromptu verse.

And I think UF is gone. :sad: :sad: :sad:

namkcuR said:

Personally I like the extended Desire from Lovetown where Edge shreds and Bono sings about 1989 being through.

Holy crap. 6 votes in 3 minutes for UF? Who's got the alternate screen names?

What the HELL just happened?

I guess it's majorly gone now ... :sad: :sigh:

I guess one good thing has come out of this - hopefully now the competition will return to normal.

And how has UF managed to get 13 votes so bloody quickly?

the tourist said:
It'd be nice to know how many of the votes in general are dummy-accounts.

I also held my vote till just a few minutes ago.

Did you ever think that maybe a lot of people just don't like TUF? My guess is that a lot of people also started voting for TUF just because of the nasty tone a few certain members had the last few rounds when someone voted against it.

I can't see 12 people all waiting til the near end and voting within fifteen minutes. I thought about it, and it's very ridiculous. As for my own voting patterns, each round I would look at the remaining singles, pick three which I consider the worst, and go for one of those three. I've never gone after a single I thought should have lasted longer just to protect The Unforgetable Fire. Just for the record, it's not my favourite single. And I would have voted it off. But there are worse singles remaining. Then again, other singles which have already been voted off are much better than Sunday Bloody Sunday, If God Will Send His Angels, Staring At The Sun, and Stay. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom