***Survivor: Popping out of the competiton (Singles Finals Rd 16)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And gah! Who the hell voted for I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For? This is THE single, people. The winner of this contest.

the tourist said:

No appreciation for experimental genius through artful pop, despite the ingenious melodies and insanely poetic lyrics. More of a "You like it? Okay, let's vote it off!" sentiment. Or a "You voted off my single... so even though I like it, I want to get back at you." *sigh* Axver, prepare for another edge-of-your-seat nailbiter. :|

How about a "You're going to vote it off, well I'm going to form an alliance and systematically knock off other singles that may or may not be deserving to knock off."

Notice how close Popheart and Beautiful Day were to not being knocked off, I doubt in a completely free poll they would be gone by now.

I don't even know why I care about this.

Full results from the previous round
Popheart - 40 votes
The Unforgettable Fire - 38
[/B]

Amazing the difference one vote can make. Last round I voted for Popheart. If just I alone had voted for UF instead, we'd have had a tie!

timothius said:

:sigh:

This is inconsistent. The pack of 14 people who have so far voted for SBS (mostly) have not done so because they feel that it is the worst single left, but to protect UF.

Therefore it is completely in other peoples right to attack UF as a pack.

Survivor essentially boils down to the ends justifying the means. If I were to rank all U2 singles, UF would be in the top 5 no doubt. But it would not be number one, and thus I am determined to see it voted out ASAP, because I know there is a big enough base who will vote in a fashion to make it number 1.

I don't really want Unforgettable Fire to be number one.... Number one belongs to one of the Joshua Tree three. But it would be nice to see The Unforgettable Fire make the top ten.

:sigh: guys, can we please let up a bit on this "my favourite was voted off last time so i'm voting off your favourite!" stuff? there's also no need to attack people on what they vote for. i think this is the reason a lot of people rallied behind voting off 1 o'clock tick tock, and then also didn't post why they voted for it, just to spite those of us trying to protect it. please remember that this is just a game.

I agree with the quote timothius made earlier. People aren't voting for Sunday Bloody Sunday because it's the worst song (which is what the whole point of the poll is), but to protect a song. JUST PICK WHICH ONE YOU LIKE LEAST. Sunday Bloody Sunday is not the worst single up there, and by voting it off, more people will dislike UF because Sunday Bloody Sunday was ganged up on.

Neenie said:
Even Better Than The Real Thing, I have it and don't know what’s so special about it.

Six words and one punctuation mark: Where Did It All Go Wrong?

WDIAGW = :drool:

IrishDawg said:
I agree with the quote timothius made earlier. People aren't voting for Sunday Bloody Sunday because it's the worst song (which is what the whole point of the poll is), but to protect a song. JUST PICK WHICH ONE YOU LIKE LEAST. Sunday Bloody Sunday is not the worst single up there, and by voting it off, more people will dislike UF because Sunday Bloody Sunday was ganged up on.

It IS the worst single left.

namkcuR said:
A message for those who voted for either of the Pop singles:

You suck. A lot.

Guess I'll probably suck in the next round then. :wink:

It's actually getting really tough to choose, and I think that Willie Nelson Slow Dancing is the worst track here, remixes excepted.

Looks like we have another horribly close round on our hands ...

Close rounds like these are horrible. I hope that UF can hang in there, just until the top ten ...

I have a feeling the coming rounds will progressively get more brutal, though.

Aardvark747 said:
:ohmy:

And now it's 21-21!!!!

22-21 to SBS! And to think it was 17-12 to SBS this morning - I preferred that five vote margin!

I was really hoping we wouldn't have another tense round!

:sigh:

neutral said:
These rounds are getting really nerve-wracking. :crazy:

They aren't quite the UF fan's idea of fun, that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom