***SURVIVOR: Natural selection in action (HTDAAB - Rd 10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the song you like the LEAST

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 72 40.4%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 69 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything's overrated and simultaneously underrated.

I vote City. Sometimes is a great tune, regardless of the lyrics. With them it's brilliant.

MIRACLE DRUG! Good Lord, this song is not *nearly* as good as people are making it out to be (and it *certainly* is not better than OoTS :rant: ) It's a slightly better than average U2 song AT BEST.

Adios, MD!

Axver said:
We must protect COBL!

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT VOTE FOR CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS.

It is the best song U2 have made since Heartland. To vote it off would be a crime.

Since "Heartland"?!?!?!

:coocoo:

So what, that makes it, like, the 143rd best U2 song of all time?

The best song on the album is "Sometimes", by far. The falsetto / chorus juxtaposition is beautiful.

All the intelligent reviews I've read so far list "Sometimes" and "Original" as the two standout, elite songs. Even Bono has said this, too: in the recent RS interview, he said that the album won't be a success "until 'Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own' or 'Original of the Species' punctures the pop balloon."

So there you have it -- the B-man's two favorite tracks.

I vote off COBL!

Last edited:
I always thought of voting off MD, when it comes to top three. But now... please don't hurt me... I've changed my mind. And because I also think that COBL IS ONE OF THEIR BEST THINGS SINCE HEARTLAND, I vote off SYCMIOYO.
But as I can see, it will be tough battle.

these 3 songs are all very good, it's tough tough tough! but i think sometimes and miracle are the best songs of the album, so maybe it's time for city to step off........

Ta-ta, Sometimes!

I'm sad because it looks like City of Blinding Lights is getting the most votes... I love that song. At the moment, it's my favourite on the album. :sad:

Vote of Miracle Drug NOW! It should have been gone 3 or 4 rounds ago! :down:

City of Blinding Lights

I think it's somewhat overrated and all the Streets comparisons are way off...Don't love Miracle Drug either, but that one has the cool slide guitar with the trippy vocals, so...:wink:

Looks like a close race though.

I think the three songs with the most impact when there were downloads are left, so I guess it's right that these three fight it out.

Miracle Drug. I like it, but I think Sometimes and City are better.

:huh: @ One step closer and Original of the species being gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom