***Survivor: Lest we forget (Singles Finals Rd 17)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

• One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
In an absolute tragedy, a disgrace, and a shame, the loser in this round was the best single in the competiton ...

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE

Non-winners list
Finals
34. The Unforgettable Fire
33. Popheart
32. Out Of Control
31. Beautiful Day
30. Desire
29. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
28. Electrical Storm
27. Vertigo AND Walk On
26. I Will Follow
25. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
24. Stuck In A Moment
23. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
22. Two Hearts Beat As One
21. The Sweetest Thing
20. A Celebration
19. Gloria

90s/00s Singles
18. Please
17. Elevation
16. Discotheque
15. Last Night On Earth
14. Miss Sarajevo
13. All Because Of You
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
11. Numb
10. Lemon
9. Mofo AND Mysterious Ways

Eighties Singles
8. Fire
7. Angel Of Harlem
6. One Tree Hill
5. A Day Without Me
4. In God's Country
3. Another Day
2. 40
1. When Love Comes To Town

Full results from the previous round
The Unforgettable Fire - 49 really bad mistakes
Sunday Bloody Sunday - 35 votes
If God Will Send His Angels - 9
Staring At The Sun - 5
Pride - 4
All I Want Is You - 2
The Fly - 2
Even Better Than The Real Thing - 1
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - 1
New Year's Day - 1
Where The Streets Have No Name - 1
The remainder received zero votes

Total votes = 110

Finals: U2 Singles Survivor - Round Seventeen

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the single you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

This is a TWO day timed electronic poll.

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the single you like the least. The single with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. It's not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the singles are listed again, minus the single that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite single from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until there's only two singles left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last single standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, both or all tied singles will be instantly eliminated from the competition.

Have fun!

Axver said:
In an absolute tragedy, a disgrace, and a shame, the loser in this round was the best single in the competiton ...

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE

Isn't this a bit melodramatic?

I suspect that it's histrionics like this that caused UF to lose the last round. I held off my vote specifically because comments like these were getting tiresome.

Why not just keep the campaigning quiet and let people vote the way that they want to?

Re: Re: ***Survivor: Lest we forget (Singles Finals Rd 17)

U2_Muse said:
I suspect that it's histrionics like this that caused UF to lose the last round. [/B]

Yeah, no kidding.

I said several threads ago that this was gonna bit people in the ass. Now UF is outta here, well before its time.

For a game of Survivor, it's incredibly naive to not consider human psychology. What you saw last round was people sticking it to you.

Sucks for the rest of us who genuinely like UF that it went that way.

And I'm voting for Pride. Again. As I still don't know what it's doing here.

I voted against The Unforgettable Fire last round because there are better singles than it and I wanted to get rid of the competition early.

One should win, in my opinion.

Re: Re: ***Survivor: Lest we forget (Singles Finals Rd 17)

U2_Muse said:

Isn't this a bit melodramatic?

I suspect that it's histrionics like this that caused UF to lose the last round. I held off my vote specifically because comments like these were getting tiresome.

Why not just keep the campaigning quiet and let people vote the way that they want to?

Are you blind? The last round had no campaigning at all in the main post. The round before it only had a "vote for the worst single; UF is not it" message. If people are voting on the basis of that, then they are petty.

This round, Sunday Bloody Sunday. Worst single left. And if anyone here thinks that UF was not worthy of the top ten, then I'm sorry, but I think you have no taste.

Re: Re: Re: ***Survivor: Lest we forget (Singles Finals Rd 17)

anitram said:
I said several threads ago that this was gonna bit people in the ass. Now UF is outta here, well before its time.

I don't see how it did that as the last round was completely devoid of campaigning and the one beforehand had very little.

But hey, people are fickle. I shouldn't expect so much from them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: ***Survivor: Lest we forget (Singles Finals Rd 17)

Axver said:

I don't see how it did that as the last round was completely devoid of campaigning and the one beforehand had very little.

But hey, people are fickle.

No, they are not.

They just have very good memories. And when you try to shove something down somebody's throat, the gag reflex kicks in.

Re: Re: Re: ***Survivor: Lest we forget (Singles Finals Rd 17)

Axver said:

Are you blind? The last round had no campaigning at all in the main post. The round before it only had a "vote for the worst single; UF is not it" message. If people are voting on the basis of that, then they are petty.

This round, Sunday Bloody Sunday. Worst single left. And if anyone here thinks that UF was not worthy of the top ten, then I'm sorry, but I think you have no taste.

Axver,

I won't resort to petty, childish comments such as asking you if you are blind. I'll just say that the tone was still there. In post after post by several people who campaigned on behalf of UF for several rounds.

Was the voting in the last round petty? Maybe.

Was it human nature? Definitely. People don't like being told how they should vote, and they definitely don't like being told that they have no taste or are stupid for not liking the same thing as a vocal minority.

It's a shame that we'll never know what would have happened had UF not been treated as the golden calf.

U2_Muse said:

In post after post by several people who campaigned on behalf of UF for several rounds.

Was the voting in the last round petty? Maybe.

Was it human nature? Definitely. People don't like being told how they should vote, and they definitely don't like being told that they have no taste or are stupid for not liking the same thing as a vocal minority.

It's a shame that we'll never know what would have happened had UF not been treated as the golden calf.

:rockon:

Now let us get this whole UF debacle behind us and unite. Remember we are One...but not the same.

*not so subtle plug for a top 3 contender!*

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ***Survivor: Lest we forget (Singles Finals Rd 17)

timothius said:

:rockon:

Now let us get this whole UF debacle behind us and unite. Remember we are One...but not the same.

*not so subtle plug for a top 3 contender!*

:wink:

U2_Muse said:

Axver,

I won't resort to petty, childish comments such as asking you if you are blind.

Calling someone (or eluding that someone is) petty and childish is more petty and childish than someone asking if you have a visual disability.

OK, with TUF out of the way, Survivor can restart again. :)
I want to vote for Staring At The Sun, as I think it's the weakest of the bunch. OK, the A-side is pretty good, as is North And South Of The River. But Your Blue Room is just an album track (and not even an U2 album track!) and the remixes are not up to par.
However, I will hold off voting for a moment to see if I have to protect a single (not necessarily Sunday Bloody Sunday, but I do think that If God Will Send His Angels is a bloody good single).

Quit the fighting and vote for "New Year's Day", people.

EDIT: Damn it.........forgot that because "TUF" was voted out, that means "SBS" is still here.......thought it had already left.............yeah, vote for "SBS" people..............

Last edited:
Ellay, don't jinx it like some people did with "TUF"........let them vote how they want. :wink:

beli said:
Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

What happened? Weren't you going to be voting Streets til it was gone? :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ***Survivor: Lest we forget (Singles Finals Rd 17)

the tourist said:

Calling someone (or eluding that someone is) petty and childish is more petty and childish than someone asking if you have a visual disability.

Good one. Best by now!!!:applaud: :applaud:

I'm not the only one voted for staring at the sun

I think UF would've made it to the top 6 or 7 if people wouldn't have told other people not to vote for it. Now I'm mad because I liked UF and it is way better than IGWSHA, Stay, or SATS.

SATS

Come on, lets vote for The Fly! Its a great song, sure, but the B-side isnt much and the remix sounds just like the original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom