***Survivor: I'm a Man, I'm Not a Child (Albums Rd 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• War

Votes: 50 36.2%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • Pop

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zooropa is brilliant. And how we can vote out ATYCLB while HTDAAB has almost no votes is ridiculous.

I'd vote for it right now were it not for Zooropa being in trouble.

So, War it is.

This is insane. I voted HTDAAB. Everything from War to Pop was genius, and every record was a creative evolution. War was a great rock record, Zooropa and Pop were great techno-rock records. UF/JT/RH/AB are self-explanatory. I am just shocked that people are voting off War, Zooropa, and Pop when HTDAAB is still there. :banghead:

War, just has a few song i like on the album compared to the others left

namkcuR said:
This is insane. I voted HTDAAB. Everything from War to Pop was genius, and every record was a creative evolution. War was a great rock record, Zooropa and Pop were great techno-rock records. UF/JT/RH/AB are self-explanatory. I am just shocked that people are voting off War, Zooropa, and Pop when HTDAAB is still there. :banghead:

HTDAAB is much more consistent than War, which has some really dodgy, dated songs IMO.

i'm voting for how to dismantle an atomic bomb. yeah war is dated, but when your (other) favourite bands are duran duran and japan, early 80s music sounds fine to me. i dunno, atomic bomb is good, but it's not as good as the rest of the albums listed. call me crazy, but i'd still take surrender over all because of you.

Time for War to go.

The next round will be awful. Hopefully Pop will get kicked.

bathiu said:

I'm betting on Zooropa or HTDAAB (but I want TUF or JT to go)

I think it's going to be close between Zooropa and UF. HTDAAB hasn't been receiving many votes at all. Then again, no-one saw the major surge in Boy votes coming.

Sorry, but I gotta say Unforgettable Fire. The only absolutely necessary song on there is Bad. Pride's a little overrated, Unforgettable Fire's great but not a classic, and A Sort of Hoemcoming is infinitely better live on Wide Awake in America.

Looks like War's gonna lose though...oh well, you were next!

VertigoGal said:
Sorry, but I gotta say Unforgettable Fire. The only absolutely necessary song on there is Bad. Pride's a little overrated, Unforgettable Fire's great but not a classic, and A Sort of Hoemcoming is infinitely better live on Wide Awake in America.

Looks like War's gonna lose though...oh well, you were next!

Yup, War is a goner but TUF should definitely be next.

VertigoGal said:

Agreed. Wire and Indian Summer Sky are good though... but yeah, I voted UF. Not that it will matter, because apparently War is going to lose... that makes me sad. Granted, the second half of the album is pretty mediocre, but the first half is solid gold. SBS-Seconds-NYD-Like a Song-Drowning Man... classic.

beli said:

I have some of the others worked out as well, but not Pop. Any suggestions?

It's finally GONE! ??? :shrug:
(I'm not so good at the funny titles)

I'll go war because the final 3 songs are 3 of u2's shockers. Red light, surrender and 40. Under average u2 songs and deserve a spot on "u2 the worst of compilation"

Back
Top Bottom