***Survivor: From bathiu: Goodbye, You Can Keep This Suit of Lights (Albums Rd 10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 83 52.2%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 62 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beli

Blue Crack Addict
The last round's non winner was.....

***Pop*** :(

Non Winners List
9. Pop
8. Zooropa
7. War
6. All That You Can't Leave Behind
5. Boy
4. Rattle and Hum
3. Under a Blood Red Sky
2. October
1. Passengers

The voting from the previous round was as follows:
Pop - 74
The Unforgettable Fire - 59
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - 27
The Joshua Tree - 4
Achtung Baby - 1

Total of 165 votes

Interestingly, this rounds albums finished in exactly the same order as the last round (minus the last rounds "winner"). Thats a first.

Round Ten

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the album you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

This is a THREE day timed electronic poll (because of the weekend)

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the album you like the least. The album with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. Its not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the albums are listed again, minus the album that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite album from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until theres only two albums left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last album standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker
In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll will be run. This poll will consist solely of the tied albums.

In the event of a tied tie breaker, votes from all previous rounds will be tallied to determine a grand total of votes for the tied abums.

In the event of a grand total of votes resulting in a draw, all of the tied albums will be eliminated from the competition.

Last edited:
Oh yay, someone else other than me voted. I can see this is going to be one of those rounds where everyone waits to see which way the votes are going before voting.

PS This is a long poll this one. Three Days. OMG! lol. (because of the weekend)

That was me.

HTDAAB.

That you people have allowed it to remain here when it's only been out for two months is atrocious.

UF - again... I only realy like Wire and UF from this album.... and I think HTDAAB deserve to be U2's "3rd masterpiece", not only because it's so good, but also as a nice slap in the ATYCLB's face:wink:

Last edited:
Swap Achtung Baby for Boy and you have my top four. Nice.

As all of you know by now, The Unforgettable Fire is the best album ever made. DO NOT VOTE FOR IT.

beli, after those polls, could you make a "Survivor": "Wich album's cover/artwork/booklet you like the LEAST? I think this might be interesting for some people (like me) that like photography/ photo editing...etc
I think it would be totaly diferent list in the end than this one (assuming people will forget about music for a second).
What would you say?

We actually have already had an album cover survivor. That was one that followed DaveC's original survivor, along with video [official release] and music video survivors.

U2girl said:
Unforgettable fire, it's the least cohesive.

:shocked: You did not just say that! It's so inextricably linked and cohesive; the atmosphere flows through each track. The Unforgettable Fire --> Promenade --> 4th Of July --> Bad could be a single song by itself.

It's the only U2 album where each song perfectly flows together and the album works as a single cohesive unit. Now don't even get me started on the total lack of flow of Achtung Baby. If you want to vote for an album that isn't cohesive, vote for AB. EBTTRT --> One --> UTEOTW - WTF?

Axver said:
We actually have already had an album cover survivor. That was one that followed DaveC's original survivor, along with video [official release] and music video survivors.

We havent had one recently though. Not with the new album included.

Axver

Your passion for UF is amazing :wink: Keep fighting

My vote goes to : HTDAAB

U2girl said:
Unforgettable fire, it's the least cohesive.

I'd say the exact opposite. Would you mind explaining why you think that? I have no intention of telling you you're wrong, cause you can't be on opinion, so dont panic lol, I'm just very curious as to what makes you think so differently.

:hmm:

And this isn't an invitation for everyone to start on a flame war on the benefits of UF. Though I've never seen such polarisation until beli began these polls :D

Better go vote now :wink:

beli said:

We havent had one recently though. Not with the new album included.

I can probably tell you the results now ...

October will lose first. Then HTDAAB. Then whatever order in the original.

----

Oh, and LONG LIVE THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE!! HOORAH!

This is my friendly reminder to everyone: DO NOT VOTE FOR THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE! Thanks!

(Can you tell I love The Unforgettable Fire?)

Unforgettable Fire...I think the other three albums all have a ton of songs that I love, whereas UF is a bit patchy to me in places, despite some genius atmosphere.

I can't believe Pop is gone.:sad: :sad: :sad:

I can't even vote right now. Forget the ticket fiasco, this is absolutely horrible.:|

namkcuR said:
HTDAAB.

That you people have allowed it to remain here when it's only been out for two months is atrocious.

Replacing the word 'atrocious' with 'ridiculous' and you have my post. :)

I have allways found it difficult to rate UF, but I think I have figured it out:

If you compare UF with JT song by song, JT wins but I think UF is the better album, because of its flow like Axver said.

Back
Top Bottom