***Survivor: From bathiu: Goodbye, You Can Keep This Suit of Lights (Albums Rd 10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 83 52.2%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 62 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Unforgettable Fire. Love the record, but I think the other three are superior. And I hate that Pop has been voted off.

I'd just like to know how it is possible for HTDAAB to make the final three, considering what so many people here say about it not being out for long enough.

Axver said:
I'd just like to know how it is possible for HTDAAB to make the final three, considering what so many people here say about it not being out for long enough.
i guess there's a ton of people voting for it and not saying anything. cowards! :madspit:

erm, 24 hours on and I've forgotten which one I voted for. I think it was HTDAAB but I can't be sure. I'd say HTDAAB is more consistent but has fewer 'classics' than tUF

Unforgettable Fire is a milestone album, and a growth album, for sure. But when compared, HTDAAB is a more complete record, probably because it has 20 more years of experience behind it. UF is kind of all over the place, but that's kind of the point. When judging the merits of an album as a complete, connected work, HTDAAB wins that battle. Choosing between JT and AB is going to be friggin' hard, though.

-Miggy

Axver said:

I'm not Freud but i guess that by voting the last U2 record a classic, ppl in some twisted way feel better about themselves...

HTDAAB should have gone days behind.

And i'll be true, The Unforgettable Fire is probably the U2 record i listen to the most.

U2_Guy said:
And i'll be true, The Unforgettable Fire is probably the U2 record i listen to the most.

Wow, I didn't think we shared much in common at all when it came to taste in U2.

Axver said:

Wow, I didn't think we shared much in common at all when it came to taste in U2.

It's the one album i can listen regardless of mood factors. It's magic from second one.

I have nothing against the bomb, but it's not as good as the other 3, which are masterpieces- yes including the beautiful, passionate, dreamy, magical, mystical UF.

Unforgettable Fire is nothing more then the Passengers of the early days with a few hits thrown in....certainly not classic and I am glad its going to lose in this round.

Hey, could someone with a premium membership post a poll? HTDAAB vs. ATYCLB..........just wondering what the percentages would be.....

Yahweh said:
Unforgettable Fire is nothing more then the Passengers of the early days with a few hits thrown in....certainly not classic and I am glad its going to lose in this round.

Then you clearly missed the point completely of Passengers.

U2_Guy said:

It's the one album i can listen regardless of mood factors. It's magic from second one.

:up: Common ground! I couldn't agree more. I'm yet to find a mood that UF doesn't suit.

I didnt clearly miss the point of anything but to say that Passengers and Unforgettable Fire are even close to the upper limits of the U2 catalogue is streaching the truth and not only streaching it but distorting it.

I am fully looking forward to a Passengers Volume 2 which I guess in reality was the Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack but I would love to see another full on record like that although I have the feeling it isnt going to happen.

I think the people that argue about conventional U2 vs expiermental U2 are missing the point of U2 all together but that is an arguement I will save for another day.

Who else in the world has explored pretty much every genre of music and had as much success as U2 have done? Nobody.

Every album has its moments but there have been great sucesses in every era in the band and some that I would say could have been better and Unforgettable Fire is one of those things that could have been a whole lot better.

Yahweh said:
Every album has its moments but there have been great sucesses in every era in the band and some that I would say could have been better and Unforgettable Fire is one of those things that could have been a whole lot better.

I didn't think you could improve upon perfection.

:scream: Why do I keep coming back to this thread and voting!

It's like losing a limb every time one of these albums are voted off:(

JT:reject:

This is the hardest for me, between UF and HTDAAAB -- UF has more good songs - bad, pride, wire, ASOH but it also has some i don't like as well, HTDAAB has fewer of those kind of songs and also works really good together as a album... and also i'm giving it the benefit of the doubt since it hasn't been out as long and hasnt been toured

Yahweh said:

Apparently to you, the following equations are true:

Greater album = more hit singles
Therefore, more hit singles = less experimentation
And finally, less experimentation = safe, safe, safe

:|

I'm shocked. I voted for Achtung Baby. 6 months ago it was unquestionably my favourite album. Times change I guess.

Back
Top Bottom