***Survivor: From bathiu: Goodbye, You Can Keep This Suit of Lights (Albums Rd 10) - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST
The Unforgettable Fire 83 52.20%
The Joshua Tree 8 5.03%
Achtung Baby 6 3.77%
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb 62 38.99%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2005, 04:11 AM   #31
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:27 PM
what about an ultimate singles survivor.

you have a survivor for each album, until you get one single left from each album, then you vote for the favourite.

that would keep us going for like... until the new u2 album when we can start it all going again

Old 01-29-2005, 04:11 AM   #32
War Child

Local Time: 04:27 PM
This are 4 best albums ever
Bye UF

Old 01-29-2005, 04:19 AM   #33
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
I have allways found it difficult to rate UF, but I think I have figured it out:

If you compare UF with JT song by song, JT wins but I think UF is the better album, because of its flow like Axver said.
Right. 4th Of July, by itself, is barely even a song. But when taken in context of Promenade --> 4th Of July --> Bad, it's perfect. It's a necessary linking element and the album would be weaker without it.

UF is not meant to be taken as a collection of individual songs. UF is an experience, like the Hiroshima photographical display that gave it the title.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-29-2005, 04:20 AM   #34
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Balfron
what about an ultimate singles survivor.

you have a survivor for each album, until you get one single left from each album, then you vote for the favourite.

that would keep us going for like... until the new u2 album when we can start it all going again
That would be "Axver's singles survivor" that beli mentioned earlier in this thread.

Should prove to be fun!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-29-2005, 04:25 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:27 PM
Bye bye UF!
Old 01-29-2005, 04:33 AM   #36
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:27 AM
HTDAAB. I think that a year from now my answer will be different after I've had a chance to hear the new songs live and after I've fully absorbed HTDAAB and all of it's intricacies. Right now it's still like a new acquaintance whereas UF is an old friend.

Quote:
Originally posted by bathiu
UF - again... I only realy like Wire and UF from this album
So you don't like Bad or Pride? Or maybe you just don't like the album versions after hearing them live? Just wondering because I don't know of many U2 fans who don't like Bad.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:00 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:27 PM
By cohesive I mean there's MLK, there's 4 of July, there's Promenade, there's EP and America - I don't feel these are as tight song-wise as Pride, Wire, UF, A sort of homecoming, Bad and Indian summer sky.
I don't see them as proper songs, but more like quick studio spontaneous moments of impressions.

I do like UF, I just wish it had more songs on it. Makes it uneven for me.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:08 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:27 AM
I have to go with the Bomb to save UF
Old 01-29-2005, 05:11 AM   #39
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
I do like UF, I just wish it had more songs on it. Makes it uneven for me.
I'm not meaning to say your opinion's wrong or anything, but as I said before, UF isn't about a collection of songs, it's about an atmospheric experience that happens to include spontaneous inspired moments that come together to create a whole. It's not about individual parts, it's about the total.

I just hope no-one's voting because "4th Of July isn't a song!"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-29-2005, 05:11 AM   #40
War Child

Local Time: 05:27 PM
Achtung Baby
From albums which remained, i like it the least
Old 01-29-2005, 05:12 AM   #41
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
I have to go with the Bomb to save UF
I think I will end up doing that. This round is going to be awful. UF and HTDAAB are my two favourite albums and I really don't want to pick one over the other.

I'd much rather vote for Achtung Baby, but that won't help UF.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-29-2005, 06:08 AM   #42
Refugee

Local Time: 10:27 AM
Uf has some great songs on it, but the other three are all great albums.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:11 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie

UF.

As much as i admire it for its creativity and endevour, i only actually like about 6 or 7 songs on it, whereas on the 'bomb' i like all of them with the one exception of Yahweh, which im not a big fan of at all.

just don't think the UF has enough good songs on it to justify a place in the top three.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:34 AM   #44
Refugee

Local Time: 03:27 AM
again my vote goes to UF.To vote off HTDAAB should be made a crime punishable by death,ideally involving venegar and a red hot poker
Old 01-29-2005, 06:52 AM   #45
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootomic

So you don't like Bad or Pride? Or maybe you just don't like the album versions after hearing them live? Just wondering because I don't know of many U2 fans who don't like Bad.
I do like live version of "Bad" better than album version, yes... but also as a 'song' it's nothing special for me, it doesn't mean that I don't like it, just that U2 made much better songs than 'Bad' IMO.
"Pride", here I actualy like album version more than live vesion... but again it's nothing special for me.
Like I said, this doesn't mean that I don't like them, I'm a proud U2 fan and I like everything U2 made (except ATYCLB's worse half) so far.
"UF" has only 2 songs that are realy, realy good for me (read like: masterpiece songs)... Wire and UF.