***Survivor: Finding All You Want (Top 3)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

Votes: 37 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Axver

New Survivor rule: you must vote for One.

Axver ... I need some insight on "why" ??

I'm totally "lost" here ... each one of these keeps coming up as a
"tie" in my book !! Just don't know ... cannot decide !!

MsMofoGone said:

Axver ... I need some insight on "why" ??

I'm totally "lost" here ... each one of these keeps coming up as a
"tie" in my book !! Just don't know ... cannot decide !!

One has two covers. WOWY and Streets have songs created by U2. I, personally, much prefer the originality.

By the way ... is anyone doing another Survivor series? Do we want to run another?

I'd be happy enough to run another, though bear in mind I'll be away for a month and a half soon. I'd probably still be able to maintain a Survivor competition, except for the five days I'm in Boston to see U2. If someone else wants to handle one, that'd be great. I've really enjoyed this myself, and in future, I'd do one again. Maybe even this very one just to see how different the results are.

Last edited:
WOWY has to go!
It has original b-sides but both are BORING! One only has one original b-side but Lady With The Spinning Head just totally rocks! Streets and One should go at it in the final round.

I'm voting for the single which should not have even made the top ten: One. :|

Because I'm bored, I'm going to make the list of singles as I would rank them at this moment in time. :wink:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. With Or Without You
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Pride
6. All I Want Is You
7. Even Better Than The Real Thing
8. New Year's Day
9. Stay
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Desire
12. Angel Of Harlem
13. The Fly
14. One
15. Beautiful Day
16. Vertigo
17. If God Will Send His Angels
18. Two Hearts Beat As One
19. Fire
20. Staring At The Sun
21. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
22. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
23. Electical Storm
24. Walk On
25. Stuck In A Moment
26. Popheart
27. The Sweetest Thing
28. Gloria
29. I Will Follow
30. Discotheque
31. Elevation
32. Last Night On Earth
33. Please
34. A Celebration
35. When Love Comes To Town
36. All Because Of You
37. Miss Sarajevo
38. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
39. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
40. Out Of Control
41. A Day Without Me
42. Lemon
43. 40
44. One Tree Hill
45. In God's Country
46. Mysterious Ways
47. Numb
48. Mofo

Time and time again you people astound me with your lack of taste.

One is the best of these three singles, far and away. Everything about this single has a permanent tug on my soul. It pains me to see that it is the leader by double digits to be eliminated.

I implore you all, I get on my knees and put my hands together...please, vote for one of the others. Keep One alive.

No thanks! I personally like the b-sides off Streets and With Or Without you better than the A-Side of One.

the tourist said:
No thanks! I personally like the b-sides off Streets and With Or Without you better than the A-Side of One.

Same here. I think Luminous Times in particular is much better than One.

You guys are freaking insane.

One is one of the greatest songs ever written. It is fucking gorgeous.

Those b-sides you have mentioned are good but my god you have to be drunk or not really a U2 fan to say they are better than One.

:rolleyes:

namkcuR said:
You guys are freaking insane.

One is one of the greatest songs ever written. It is fucking gorgeous.

Those b-sides you have mentioned are good but my god you have to be drunk or not really a U2 fan to say they are better than One.

Come on. That's completely out of line, to accuse someone of being either drunk or not a genuine fan just because they don't rate One as highly as you do. Not everyone shares your tastes; I thought that another thread on this very forum had made it quite clear that it is totally unacceptable to bash someone just for their song and era preferences. We're not insulting you so please do not insult us.

namkcuR said:

I stand corrected. Anyone who is a true and real U2 fan surely would enjoy a commercial song over a hidden treasure. I guess I'm not a real U2 fan because I like songs such as Treasure, Spanish Eyes, and Love Comes Tumbling more than songs like One. Because only casual fans dig past the surface. :|

I think it should be Streets that wins. Releasing a single with A-calibre material like Sweetest Thing and Silver and Gold as b-sides is totally amazing.

WOWY also has Luminous Times, which could definitelty be A-side material, but I prefer Streets over WOWY so that settles it for me.

One has a cover song AND a remix if I'm not mistaken, plus the other version of LWTSH is better imo, so I can't see it taking down the two JT singles.

Axver said:

Come on. That's completely out of line, to accuse someone of being either drunk or not a genuine fan just because they don't rate One as highly as you do. Not everyone shares your tastes; I thought that another thread on this very forum had made it quite clear that it is totally unacceptable to bash someone just for their song and era preferences. We're not insulting you so please do not insult us.

A few things...

First, take your own advice and then I'll see about taking it as well. See, I recall that recently in one of the Heartland appreciation threads, you told someone that if they thought such-and-such a song(I don't remember which one) was better than Heartland, they didn't have a clue. And the other night you more or less implied that I was nuts if I thought Tryin' To Throw Your Arms... was better than COBL. See, you do it too, so don't try to look like you're not guilty of this sort of thing too. That said, perhaps I was a little out of line with my previous comments. I just got emotional because this single means a lot to me and in doing so I let my mouth(fingers) run off.

Second, you have to realize what an incredibly pathological bias you have for the 1984-1990 era. Time and time again I see you claiming that certain songs from this era are better than bonafide classics from other eras. Which is fine, it's your opinion. But I say 'pathological' because it seems automatic that when a song from 1984-1990 is being compared to any song in any other era that isn't called COBL, the 1984-1990 song is automatically better in your book. The same way I stand up for any song from the 1991-1998 era. Just be aware that there have been times and instances in the past where you have done the same thing I have just done; that is, let your bias for a certain era blind you of the fact that not everyone shares your tastes.

Again, I apologize if I got too emotional before.

That said, GO ONE!

Needle_Chill said:
I think it should be Streets that wins. Releasing a single with A-calibre material like Sweetest Thing and Silver and Gold as b-sides is totally amazing.

Sweetest Thing maybe, but I don't see how Silver And Gold is A-Side material.

Axver said:

I cannot believe you typed that with a straight face.

This from a person, who among other things, referred to people who were voting for TUF as:

“Weird people”

“tasteless scoundrel”

“totally mad”

“bloody nitwits”

“just plain dumb”

Now I've truly heard it all. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom