***Survivor: Finding All You Want (Tie Breaker)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I know the rules say no tie breakers, but I'm honestly not ready to go to the penultimate round. I was going to change the rules around the final four or three to permit tie breakers anyway, so ... here's the rule change!

The tie breaker is between:

I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
and
ALL I WANT IS YOU

Please vote for the single you consider to be the WORST after considering the whole collection, both a-side and b-sides.

This is a ONE day timed poll.

Full results for the round will come tomorrow.

Have fun!

All I Want Is You must go. I can't believe we're even having this tie breaker.

Ack! This is cruel. I must choose between my favorite song and my favorite B-sides. :(

So I vote for All I Want Is You.

Axver said:

Covers. :yawn:

It must go.

That's actually strange for me, because I generally don't like U2's covers, but they did a terrific job with EL.

ps. I like the ISHFWILF single too.

U2_Muse said:
Wow.

Life lesson #923423. If you don't like how something turns out, just change the rules halfway through.

Got it.

I don't think any of the top 5 should be a tie. I think it should be cut and dried, one way or the other. This is a good way of doing it. Now I could see a tie taking two out when there are 45, 25 singles or even 15 singles in the interest of time. But now that it's down to five, there's no reason to not take the extra time and break the tie.

U2_Muse said:
Wow.

Life lesson #923423. If you don't like how something turns out, just change the rules halfway through.

Got it.

WTF?

U2_Muse said:
Wow.

Got it.
wow.

life lesson #923424. if you don't properly read the rules of a game, you may say something that isn't true.

got it.

KhanadaRhodes said:

life lesson #923424. if you don't properly read the rules of a game, you may say something that isn't true.

I also thought we wouldn't do tie breaks until the top 3? :shrug:

I kinda wish both of these would have gotten the boot at once. They're obviously on their way out next, this just prolongs it unnecessarily.

please don't change the rules. i bet there would have been no tie-breaker if it wasn't ISHFWILF. it's in axver's top five. so he can't let it go. and so he had to change the rules.
axver, get over it man. cancel this tie breaker. The singles AIWIY and ISHFWILF are out of the competition.

z00ropean said:
please don't change the rules. i bet there would have been no tie-breaker if it wasn't ISHFWILF. it's in axver's top five. so he can't let it go. and so he had to change the rules.
axver, get over it man. cancel this tie breaker. The singles AIWIY and ISHFWILF are out of the competition.

Go fuck yourself.

Lesson in life #352405: Don't make a mistake or know-it-all Interference posters will make all kinds of stupid and rash assumptions.

You didn't see me changing the rules to save UF, did you? That's the only single I feel strongly enough to have even thought to change the rules to save.

Fact is, the tie breaker rule was coming in. I just wavered on introducing it, mainly because I didn't foresee any sort of tie in the top five in the first place. And so I made a mistake. Oh no! Let's crucify me and make all kinds of stupid statements!

Geez I hate Interference sometimes. Especially when I'm already having a bad fucking day. I come here and it kills my mood even more.

And no, I don't need to hear thoughts on this post so just keep them to yourself.

I apologise for the insults in my previous post. This is just a really, really shitty day. Again, I'm sorry. The general points stand, though.

Axver said:

Go fuck yourself.

go fu** yourself aussie brat. you don't bring your mood out of a bad fu**ing day here in interference. if you have problems or just had a bad day, keep it to yourself. if you can't, YOU NEED TO GROW UP! bitching here in interference would do you no good!

beli said:

If you two want to have a catfight I don't really care, but please do not insult all of Australia. Thank you.

i want to apologize to my fellow u2 fans from australia for my remarks earlier. i'm sorry i had to react that way. i was just offended by someone's reply to my post. again, i apologize.

Apparently some people don't care about the difference between 4th and 5th place. If you feel one of these singles is being "saved" because of this, then by all means, vote for it in the next round. I can tell you with the fair certainty of watching this entire singles competition that whichever single "survives" this tiebreaker will most definitely be gone in the next round. As for these two singles, yes, I think I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For is the better, and yes, I sure as hell hope it ends up winning this round and then kicking the crap out of One in the next round. But will it happen? No. So please quit complaining (I'm looking at you z00ropean and u2_muse).

the tourist said:
Apparently some people don't care about the difference between 4th and 5th place. If you feel one of these singles is being "saved" because of this, then by all means, vote for it in the next round. I can tell you with the fair certainty of watching this entire singles competition that whichever single "survives" this tiebreaker will most definitely be gone in the next round. As for these two singles, yes, I think I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For is the better, and yes, I sure as hell hope it ends up winning this round and then kicking the crap out of One in the next round. But will it happen? No. So please quit complaining (I'm looking at you z00ropean and u2_muse).

my point isn't about what single wins the round, the next, or the entire competition. in politics, sports, or in any case, it is totally inappropriate to change rules at the very last minute.

z00ropean said:

my point isn't about what single wins the round, the next, or the entire competition. in politics, sports, or in any case, it is totally inappropriate to change rules at the very last minute.

I would not consider a survivor poll on interference as world-changing as politics. I would not consider a survivor poll as wide-effecting as a ruling in sports. I would consider it what it is: Fans having fun, making an effort to see where their favourite U2 singles rank. If it were up to me, I'd have Axver go back into the archives and place all of the tied singles up against one another so it's a more clear ranking. But I'm not Axver. He's the one running the polls, so therefore, everything is up to him.

the tourist said:
Apparently some people don't care about the difference between 4th and 5th place. If you feel one of these singles is being "saved" because of this, then by all means, vote for it in the next round . . . But will it happen? No. So please quit complaining (I'm looking at you z00ropean and u2_muse).

For the record, I am well aware of the fact that whichever single "wins" this round will probably not make it past the next round. And further to that, I really don't care. My point was simply that from my understanding, there would be no tie-breakers until the final three, and changing this when it seemed advantageous to the final three that axver wanted negated any legitimacy of the voting.

To reiterate: this is in my opinion.

When it comes right down to it, how the voting goes doesn't change my opinion on any of the singles any more than I'm sure it does yours.

I just felt that the timing was rather interesting.

I can't believe I'm doing this again ...
and all because of a " TIE-BREAKER " ??
Come on ... No more "tie-breakers" ... please !!
"All I Want Is You" ... needs to go !!
GOODBYE ... GONE ... and OUTTA HERE !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom