***Survivor: Don't You Worry About Your Mind (Albums Rd 12)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote FOR the album you LOVE the MOST

• I :heart: The Joshua Tree

Votes: 49 31.6%
  • I :heart: Achtung Baby

Votes: 106 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bathiu said:
I'm using Firefox (mozilla) and the polls are working fine:huh:
--------------

lol. I meant starting a poll not voting. Its Axvers turn to run a Survivor game. The Survivor singles will commence when this Survivor has finished and Axver will be posting polls.

Sorry for the confusion. I probably should have pmed Axver instead of "talking" in this thread.

I say Achtung, I love the themes, the sounds, the atmosphere, the fly, all that snazzy stuff

Welcome to ZooTV ya'll, we have the latest in hardware, software, and menswear:wink:

Dear lord..........this is sad........

and it isn't even April Fool's..........very bad.

I'm completely surprised to see that U2's magnum opus The Joshua Tree is getting it's ass handed to it.

First the loss of the Unforgettable Fire, then this?!?. :sad:

I love the post 2000 U2 material and Achtung Baby is my favourite followed by Bomb followed by Joshua Tree....Achtung Baby in my mind is an album that will never be beat in sheer brilliance.

both JT and Acthung Baby are the best albums ever. but JT is better. I think if we had a few more of the over-40 crowd around here we'd see much different results.

The Joshua Tree for me, I just find it has deeper personal meaning to me than Achtung

I scored more girlfriends during the Joshua Tree era than I did during the Achtung Baby! era. Becasue of this, I owe my loyalty to the Joshua Tree. Its all about desert bushes man!:wink:

Last edited:
ACHTUNG BABY!

If it wasn't for AB, then I probably wouldn't be the U2 fan I am today.

i love everything about AB - the music firstly but also the style and the era and the tour and the way the band was acting.
everything about it just U2 at its very very best!!

*hugs her Achtung Baby CD*

:heart: :heart: :heart:

The music's perfect, the videos are perfect, the Zoo TV tour was perfect... Goodness, even the album sleeve is perfect. I love that picture (opposite the lyrics to Even Better Than the Real Thing) that has the whole mass of people...the way your eyes are drawn to U2 standing in the middle of the crowd is fantastic.

*rolls eyes* One never did a thing for me. With Or Without You did. I disregard this poll altogether. The Joshua Tree kicks Achtung Baby's butt up and down the sidewalk.

the tourist said:
*rolls eyes* One never did a thing for me. With Or Without You did. I disregard this poll altogether. The Joshua Tree kicks Achtung Baby's butt up and down the sidewalk.

Its just a poll, no-one's forcing you to change your opinions or anything..weird how some take these inconsequential games so seriously.

So not only does AB win the poll, it more than doubles the votes for JT. I'd say that's pretty much a landslide.

Nice to see the greater artistic effort win.

laz

If this forum wasn't so 90's biased and we could include the 80's fans, Achtung wouldn't stand a chance.

U2girl said:
If this forum wasn't so 90's biased and we could include the 80's fans, Achtung wouldn't stand a chance.

How is this forum so "90's biased?" :eyebrow: Could it be that the majority of fans just see Achtung Baby as a better album? "If we include the 80's fans"...There are plenty of 80's fans here. I think we all have diverse tastes. I love the 80's U2, but I find the 90's material where U2 really pushed their limits and challenged themselves to be the most interesting.

See how many more votes for AB, it's NOT that much better. Bias.

Majority of fans here got on board with U2 in the 90's so it's understandable they prefer this era - but U2's fanbase is bigger than that, and if fans from the 80's prevailed here they would vote overwhelmingly in favor of JT.

Also, remember how many threads like "*insert any 90's U2 album, even Passengers* rocks!" there are. I don't recall any of those for the 80's work, or All that and Dismantle (the alleged scapegoats of U2's career).

Last edited:
the tourist said:

Exactly. But like U2girl says, this forum is overwhelmingly biased in favour of nineties U2.

U2girl said:
See how many more votes for AB, it's NOT that much better. Bias.

Majority of fans here got on board with U2 in the 90's so it's understandable they prefer this era - but U2's fanbase is bigger than that, and if fans from the 80's prevailed here they would vote overwhelmingly in favor of JT.

That's a really silly arguement if you ask me. Using the word "bias" is basically saying people aren't seeing the whole picture and are hold certain prejudices. Most people on this site are pretty hardcore fans and know just about everything U2 has done. If at the end of the day the majority say AB is the better album, perhaps that's an informed opinion, not bias. In any case, I agree with the poster that said this poll is meaningless and people should quit taking it so personally.

Why is it silly? It's true.

We had a U2 Album vote in the past done by forum members and guess which album won. There was a best U2 song in the past competition and guess which song won. (One) I think there was even a best U2 era poll and guess who won that, too.

It's not about taking it personally, but I find it odd some are so quick to say "oh yeah, AB is soo much better" just because it got more votes. That just means more people like it more than JT and nothing more.

Pay no attention to U2girl people, she just like to make others feel like it's a crime to like the 90s... mid-life crisis maybe (since she's pointing at the age)?
-------

I like 80-83 U2 as much as I like the 90s U2, I find the first 3 albums as good as the 90's albums...
...and...
I like U2's american records (UF,JT,R&H,ATYCLB) much less than the rest of their albums and for that I was called 90's forshipper, Pop lover, 80's hater etc...etc... where is logic in that? (or maybe 80-83 do not count as the 80's anymore?)

Well, i've read everyones posts on this thread - and speaking for myself, yes, I got into U2 during POP, and I have voted for Achtung Baby. But the I feel just as passionatly for the music they made in the 80's as I do about the 90's.
AB and JT are my top 2, just as they are may peoples.
So given that, I pick Achtung Baby, as there is not 1 song there I ever skip, I love every track, it was the 1st U2 album I bought and I will always cherish it.

I love it when other people tell me how I feel, why I feel that way and what I should really feel. There's nothing more attractive to me than that, really.

Back
Top Bottom