SURVIVOR: Dave drove off in a fast car (HTDAAB - Round 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the song you like the LEAST

• Vertigo

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Miracle Drug

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Love and Peace or Else

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • All Because of You

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Original of the Species

Votes: 21 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep Over Jack said:
Wow I can't believe so many are voting for a badass song like LAPOE..:scratch:

I know! LAPOE rocks so hard!!! Is everyone on crack??? :huh:

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

Probably because you have to be a premium member to post polls :)

Actually theres two schools of thought on polls. Some people like the electronic polls (ie me) and some people like the long threads. Personal preference. :shrug:

I think more people actually vote on an electronic poll as it can be anonymous ie just vote and dont post in the thread, if you dont want to. And post in the thread if you do want to. Bit of a win win. And the automatic tallying of votes is wonderful.

But there are people who go strictly by the rules of that survivor tv show. I think. I have never watched it myself. But Im guessing they have open and public polls on that show.

And then, yeah, theres the premium issue.

I thought DaveC became premium so he could post polls? Well one reason anyway. He was doing the classic rock survivor on just the bang and clatter and he stopped because people were questioning his counting so he got fed up. That's the good thing about a poll, it counts it for you.

I have only counted the one set of survivor votes (the last round) and it was confusing. People would write which song they really love and to protect it their voting off something else etc. Or just talk about songs in general in the thread and they had already voted and were actually just talking. At least with an electronic poll people can talk away to their hearts content and noone has to fish through it.

And oh, dont get me started on the anachronisms :mad:

PS We all know DaveC stopped the classic rock survivor cause The Clash were winning. :wink:

He stopped it because he got criticized for his vote counting, and as you said it can get very confusing. He changed the Clash votes but when he matched them up against Zeppelin next people accused him of doing it to get rid of The Clash and he got fed up. But they were losing to Zeppelin as well they should;)

If you can go back in the archives and see where we left off and who was left, I'd love to finish the classic rock survivor!

i stopped CR Survivor cause the Clash fans were bitching and moaning about everything i did, even though i explained exactly how it was going to work BEFORE the game started, and continued to follow that formula the whole way through. i made a mistake counting votes in one thread and people leaped all over me, and i couldn't do anything right afterwards.

a few weeks later i attempted to restart it and got jumped all over again right away. so i stopped it permanently. i attempted to resurrect Survivor in B&C as a Guitarist version, and got slammed again, so i said "screw it".

this is the last Survivor i'll do.

Thats cool. Kitten was wanting to give the old one a go thats all.

PS I dont think I should have set this one for as long as 3 days. Its already got more votes than the last round and its only half way. I think the people who are into it all vote on the first day.

At least this poll is not so traumatic. Twill all be yours shortly Dave :up:

What these polls are showing me is that this album has a song for every kind of fan and that is a good thing....not one song is really able to dominate the rest.

I voted for Crumbs.

My sole task is to see Miracle Drug and COBL in the Showcase Showdown at the end of this.

All Because of You should have been voted off ages ago cause its throwaway and won't have a lot of lastability once it's heard too many times.

Fast Cars and Are You gonna wait forever are heaps better than ABOY and should have been on the album proper, with one of the replacing All Because of You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom