***Survivor: As Predicted by the tourist: Takes a Second to Say Goodbye (Albums Rd 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Pop

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 21 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I've yet to hear Zooropa OR Pop yet, so I'll probably be holding off my vote this round, since the Unforgettable Fire doesn't seem to be in danger for the time being. Looks to be a good battle, though. :wink:

This is terrible. I can't believe Pop might lose. I tried to attract attention to this thread with my "Save Pop" thread and it was closed...:sad: :sad: :sad:

SAVE POP

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

It's ridiculous that Zooropa has this many votes.

UF is nowhere near the greatness of the Zooropa album. Pride and Bad are great songs, but that's all the album has going for it. I'm disappointed in this poll.

-Mike

ramblin rose said:
This is terrible. I can't believe Pop might lose. I tried to attract attention to this thread with my "Save Pop" thread and it was closed...:sad: :sad: :sad:

SAVE POP

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I just saw your Save Pop thread. To the people having trouble voting are you using AOL? Sometimes that screws things up. Try using Mozilla or IE.

miss becky said:
I'm just stunned by the 6 votes for Joshua Tree. WTF??

In my opinion it's their most overrated album by a MILE. Great album, yes. Their best? Not by a longshot. Great first half, takes a HARD downard sprial in the second half though. Achtung, HTDAAB, POP, Boy, and ATYCLB are more consistent albums.

Just my opinion.

Save POP!

I really shoulda waited... :mad:
If I could take my vote for Pop back and vote for Zooropa, like I really wanted, I would...
Next time I'm not voting until 5 minutes before the poll closes...

U2dork said:
I really shoulda waited... :mad:
If I could take my vote for Pop back and vote for Zooropa, like I really wanted, I would...
Next time I'm not voting until 5 minutes before the poll closes...

I'm with you U2dork, i wish i could take back my UF vote and drop it on Zooropa to save Pop!:(

Voted for Zooropa just because it was tied with Pop... And I only like half that album anyways.

goat

LyricalDrug said:
I gotta give Pop credit for hanging around so long -- I assumed it would be the first one gone -- but here I am voting for it again.

I'm honestly suprised TUF is still here--I think it's their worst album. All my friends who are more casual fans can't stand that album when I put it on, but I guess it holds some sentimental value or something to some of the hard core fans.

ImOuttaControl said:

I'm honestly suprised TUF is still here--I think it's their worst album. All my friends who are more casual fans can't stand that album when I put it on, but I guess it holds some sentimental value or something to some of the hard core fans.

Have you ever actually listened to this album, or do you just look for cool solos like The Fly, decided 4th Of July sounded boring, and flung your CD in the corner?

I am sure most will concur that this is at least one of U2's top five albums. If you can't appreciate the change from War to UF and the stunning sonic landscapes that fill this beautiful album, then it's your loss and wax in your ears, not mine.

Last edited:
the tourist said:
Yay! The Unforgettable Fire is still stong and kicking!

Hopefully it will make it past the next couple of rounds too.

UF SHOULD make it to the final four. Zooropa looks set to bow out of the competition now, and objectively speaking, Pop should go next. UF was the start of an era of sonic landscapes and musical explorations, launching U2 into the masterpiece country of The Joshua Tree, while Pop is the end of the road of experimental albums. Pop ended an era and U2 left it behind; UF was the start of a legend and a crucial factor in the making of U2 as icons of music.

I'd then favour eliminating HTDAAB, though it hasn't had time to prove itself, and leaving the final three as UF (pivotal album), and JT and AB (widely recognised as masterpieces and classics). Boy should be in the final four with those three.

Then it's every album for itself.

Last edited:
Axver said:

Hopefully it will make it past the next couple of rounds too.

UF SHOULD make it to the final four. Zooropa looks set to bow out of the competition now, and objectively speaking, Pop should go next. UF was the start of an era of sonic landscapes and musical explorations, launching U2 into the masterpiece country of The Joshua Tree, while Pop is the end of the road of experimental albums. Pop ended an era and U2 left it behind; UF was the start of a legend and a crucial factor in the making of U2 as icons of music.

I'd then favour eliminating HTDAAB, though it hasn't had time to prove itself, and leaving the final three as UF (pivotal album), and JT and AB (widely recognised as masterpieces and classics). Boy should be in the final four with those three.

Then it's every album for itself.

AB, Pop, JT, Boy are the top four, in that order. I am so sick of Pop getting mistreated.

Axver said:

Have you ever actually listened to this album, or do you just look for cool solos like The Fly, decided 4th Of July sounded boring, and flung your CD in the corner?

I am sure most will concur that this is at least one of U2's top five albums. If you can't appreciate the change from War to UF and the stunning sonic landscapes that fill this beautiful album, then it's your loss and wax in your ears, not mine.

Go fuck yourself. Why do you always feel the need for personal insults on people who don't agree with you???

Realize that we all have OPINIONS!! Yes, even you just have an opinion and what you say is not fact. You were bitching at someone in a post earlier for making a personal attack about people who don't like POP, but you do the same damn thing all the time!! Yes I've listened to TUF many many times, but the only worthwhile songs are Pride, Bad and Promenade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom