***Survivor - Albums - You Know You Want To

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• Boy

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • October

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • War

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Under A Blood Red Sky

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Passengers

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Pop

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • All That You Cant Leave Behind

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
beli said:
Actually, I think someone in either this thread or the results from the last Survivor thread was also talking about a similar type of Survivor. Maybe Axver can coordinate with that person. (Sorry I have forgotten your name. )

Yeah, I meant the singles. We've had individual songs and albums, so why not Beautiful Day/Always/Summer Rain versus 11 O'clock Tick Tock/Touch, et cetera? The problem would come in working out what b-sides to include, as there are so many versions of each single ... after album survivor, if anyone is interested, we could co-ordinate one.

And if someone else has already suggested this [I didn't see anyone say that, but I didn't read all the posts in Hut Dab Survivor] and has some ideas, speak up!

passengers, and mr. larry mullen Jr. would agree with me!

whats with the votes with ATYCLB. what do people dislike about this album?

Yes i would like to see a singles survivor

I have no idea how to do survivors. So I'll just sit back and watch if a new one comes out.

Each round you vote off the album you like the least. ie on the electronic poll above, the album with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round.

Next round all the albums are listed again, minus the album that is voted off on this round. And again people vote for their least favourite album from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until theres only two albums left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two.

Apparently its based on some tv that I have never watched. lol.

You can see how many votes there are by clicking on the bit next to the vote button where it states "view results" or something similar. (I have voted so I cant read what that says anymore)

Tell me if that makes sense. I will explain it again. Actually I will post it as instructions in the first post of each new round. Hey thats an idea - instructions! lol.

eg at the moment Passengers has 33 votes. This means 33 people have selected Passengers as the album they like the least. If Passengers still has the most amount of votes when this round closes it will be the loser/non winner and will be eliminated from all further rounds.

The next round would then have all the albums listed except for Passengers.

The last album standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it)

Does that make sense?

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense.... I just don't know how to creat one. With like the polls and whatnot. But that's okay. I'm fine with being ignorant. :wink:

martha said:

I was going to say just this, but you beat me to it. I wonder if many people realize that all four members are on that record? :huh:

The band obviously considers it a U2 record since they included a track from it on Best Of. Go figure. :shrug:

Passengers also included Eno, Flood, Howie B, Pavarotti... it was not released under the name U2 and it only has two real U2 songs. It is not a U2 record.

"The band", for all we know, could very well mean Bono. Given Larry's opinion on this, I doubt he was in favor.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

"The band", for all we know, could very well mean Bono. Given Larry's opinion on this, I doubt he was in favor.

Um. You haven't been paying attention to how the band does things then. Their decisions are group decisions. That's why it takes so long to make those damn decisions. Remember those Paul McG interviews we've all been reading lately? About how the band has endless meetings to decide things?

Why are you so contrary all the time? It's a pain in the ass. :rolleyes:

Shit, I just voted for UF by accident. Meant to vote for UABRS. Not to worry, probably won't affect the result.

financeguy said:
Shit, I just voted for UF by accident. Meant to vote for UABRS. Not to worry, probably won't affect the result.

LOL. Nah, dont worry. Neither of those two albums are "most likely" to "win" this round.

Last edited:
Gah! How did I miss this thread for the past 2 days!
Then I voted for October before I realized that Passengers was there! *slaps forehead*
Oh well. I guess October will be gone next round anyway.

Just had to add:
People voted for Achtung Baby?!?!? :shocked:

Last edited:
I voted on Passengers but that's because I didn't see Under A Blood Red Sky there or else I would have voted for it as it doesn't have any new U2 songs just live versions of songs from other albums. :(

Ah, whatever. I'll vote on it next time. :wink:

I say Rattle and Hum, I really don't like the cohesion of the tracks, and the state of mind they were in when they did the whole album.

I seriously cannot believe Passengers is the leading vote-getter to be eliminated. It is the most sophisticated piece of music U2 have ever recorded. It is stunningly gorgeous. No way it should be eliminated so early.

I still think anyone who intentionally voted for AB or JT as the worst U2 album should be banned from Interference for life, or at least sent to therapy. I guess if a family member were murdered in front of you while the album was playing in the background you'd have an argument, but other than that you've got some messed up taste. Even if you were an old school fan wouldn't you dislike Zooropa, POP, or Passengers more than AB? And if you hated the Joshua Tree wouldn't you hate stuff like, uhh, kissing or smiling or friends?

You're NOT a fan. That's like claiming to be a Beethoven fan and not liking the 5th or 9th symphony.

laz

i wouldn't go that far, but i would say i am surprised that achtung baby has received so many votes but how to dismantle hasn't received any. i'm not saying it should, but you know.

lazarus said:
And if you hated the Joshua Tree wouldn't you hate stuff like, uhh, kissing or smiling or friends?

:lol:
DOWN WITH KISSING AND SMILING AND FRIENDS!!!!
:wink:

beli said:
You reckon? I cant recall which album won last time Dave ran the album Survivor.

PS Have we ran an album Survivor before? I just searched and couldnt find it. I just presumed we had.

We haven't. ;)

Anyways, thankfully I'm just going to sit this one out as host and participate for once. Although I still am virulently objected to the electronic poll method. :tsk:

So yeah, voting. I voted for October. It was a choice between that and Passengers, and quite frankly, Luciano Pavarotti's section on Miss Sarajevo pushed OST1 over the top.

So October it is.

Dave I prefer electronic polls because they can be preprogrammed to close at a particular date. Theres no argument that the poll was deliberately closed right when blahblah was winning. You remember your poll closing bloodbaths? I certainly do. :crazy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom