Superbowl halftime details

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
maybe the dancers will be from riverdance

yeah, we can all get in touch with our irish sides during the superbowl.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

bono on a motorcycle sounds scary.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
My sweet lord, what are they thinking?! LOL--it could be very funny. But look at it this way--it can't be as bad as it sounds or Larry and Adam would call in sick.]

That is so funny! I'm sure U2 will be great! Would they really want to capture new fans with an image that isn't them?

woohoo! can't wait to see it! i hope they blow everyone away; have faith in U2, guys!
yahoo 4 U2!
biggrin.gif
!

------------------
--U2002revolution
(not-a-newbie)

U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

LMAO at all the bike configurations
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself" ~GypsyHeartGirl~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Personally - I'm tired of them doing "Elevation" and "Streets". Sure, they did it for the NBA half-time thing, but I wouldn't mind seeing "beautiful day" for old time's sake. Whatever. It'll be a good performance no matter what. A helluvalot better than last year.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Possible good news, kids. I checked the Hardly-Ableson website, and there is no mention of anybody riding Harleys onto the stage at the Superbowl. Let's keep our Cheeto-dust covered fingers crossed.

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

I think they should set up a huge ramp and have Bono and the guys race in to the stadium on their Harleys and jump 32 Trabants and land in the middle of the heart, which would be filled with glowing yellow jello. And they'd do the jump with all the stadium lights off but they'd be wearing luminescent space suits and their wheels would be on fire. Then, they'd walk up a ramp to the main stage, take all their instruments and smash the bejezus out of 'em. Then they'd grab new guitars, a drum kit would rise from under the stage, and they'd break out in to Helter Skelter. Then, the PopMart lemon would come flying down a cable from the top of the stadium, trailing fire, and land in the heart, making a splash in the yellow jello. They'd get in and launch back up the cable and the dome would open and the lemon would fly up really fast and when it reached the top of the stadium the guys would all eject and come parachuting down into the audience, while the lemon would continue on and launch about four miles up into the stratosphere where it would explode into a massive colorburst in the form of MacPhisto, with his cackling sound reverberating throughout the stadium. But that's just me. *shrug*

U2 riding onto the field on Harleys? 1,000 dancers groovin' to Elevation? I hope this event doesn't come off looking as cheesy as it sounds, or the press will have a field day ripping U2 the next day.

U2 WILL RIDE ONSTAGE AT SUPERBOWL

Irish group U2 are planning a spectacular entrance onto the stage when they perform at the SUPERBOWL in New Orleans next
month(FEB02).

The supergroup will all arrive onstage on HARLEY DAVIDSON motorcycles for their intermission slot.

They will then break into their hit single ELEVATION as more than 1,000 dancers take to the pitch. They will finish their short
performance with a version of WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME.

Lead singer BONO says, "It's going to be different even by our standards. This game is important to American people in light of
the current situation, so we have to give it our best shot." (RXT/IM/ES)

interesting. hmm. Well, Larry I can definitely see on a Harley...but Bono? Adam?

Will have to reserve judgement till I see it, I guess. lol. But it's U2. They will put on a good show, I have no doubt.
smile.gif

-sula

to be honest, i love the sound of that. seriously noone expected them to just appear and play thats it. i was hoping those would be the two songs, and them comin on harleys would be bad ass.

there would be dancers anyway, get over it.

btw, u2 is as commercial as it gets. so what? they WANT to be commercial to get good music out there so that it can be heard by everyone. dont you agree there music is fairly decent to say the least? its gonna be cool i think.

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by pub crawler:
I think they should set up a huge ramp and have Bono and the guys race in to the stadium on their Harleys and jump 32 Trabants and land in the middle of the heart, which would be filled with glowing yellow jello. And they'd do the jump with all the stadium lights off but they'd be wearing luminescent space suits and their wheels would be on fire. Then, they'd walk up a ramp to the main stage, take all their instruments and smash the bejezus out of 'em. Then they'd grab new guitars, a drum kit would rise from under the stage, and they'd break out in to Helter Skelter. Then, the PopMart lemon would come flying down a cable from the top of the stadium, trailing fire, and land in the heart, making a splash in the yellow jello. They'd get in and launch back up the cable and the dome would open and the lemon would fly up really fast and when it reached the top of the stadium the guys would all eject and come parachuting down into the audience, while the lemon would continue on and launch about four miles up into the stratosphere where it would explode into a massive colorburst in the form of MacPhisto, with his cackling sound reverberating throughout the stadium. But that's just me. *shrug*

LMAO

Hee hee! Sounds like your typical SuperBowl halftime show to me! Maybe you should send in your request to the NFL or U2.com...
wink.gif

Didn't Aerosmith do this last year?

Originally posted by speedracer:
Didn't Greg Carroll die while riding Bono's Harley?

Yes...he was driving it home for Bono as a favor. So Bono obviously can ride.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by U2ITNOL:
Irish group U2 are planning a spectacular entrance onto the stage when they perform at the SUPERBOWL in New Orleans next
month(FEB02).

The supergroup will all arrive onstage on HARLEY DAVIDSON motorcycles for their intermission slot.

Okay - Larry + Harley = YUMMY!!!!!!!!! In fact, can someone post that picture of Lawrence riding his Harley out of a stadium, I think it was taken in New York. LOVE that picture. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by lemongirl (edited 01-03-2002).]

LMFAO!!! (didn't they already do all of these things for Pop though?
tongue.gif
)

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Yes...he was driving it home for Bono as a favor. So Bono obviously can ride.

Yes.
This inspired One Tree Hill.
And Bono is seen riding a Harley in Desire Video.
I like this idea.
Seriously-
They should enter indivually from 4 differnt corners of stadium on Harleys ride up to midfield jump off bikes take stage w/no helmets -during the intro of "Elevation."

DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 01-03-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom