Sunday Bloody Sunday Live..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooper2000

The Fly
Do songs get much better than U2s version of Sunday Bloody Sunday, or assortment of versions of this song live?

The emotion and vocals and just sheer passion is overwhelming.

My personal favorite is the version from the R&H video. The slane castle DVD also has an incredible version. I LOVE it when they add in the..

'Put your hands to the sky, put your in the air.. if you're the praying kind.. turn this song into a prayer..

followed by the..

NO-MORE!.. NO-MORE!.. no-moree, no-more... No IRA!, no.. ' and so on, whatever they choose to add in there. Love it, just love it.

What do you all think, favorite versions?

Last edited:
i really like Edge's solo one on Popmart. it hasn't exactly got the emotion of the full band ones but i like it

On the one hand, I didn't like the version on the Elevation tour ... the beat almost felt like a nice little stroll, instead of the militaristic march it used to be.

On the other hand, I LOVE the "put your hands in the sky" bit.

Yeah, this song always brings something special to their live performances. Makes everyone in the audience feel like their Irish. At the Vertigo show I went to, SBS was the highlight of the night. I really love the version on the Slane DVD.

corianderstem said:
On the one hand, I didn't like the version on the Elevation tour ... the beat almost felt like a nice little stroll, instead of the militaristic march it used to be.

On the other hand, I LOVE the "put your hands in the sky" bit.

Yes, on Vertigo and Elevation; it's seemed to have lost its Power a wee bit. It's hard to top the War tour version; that was pretty amazing.

I loved the 'Get up, stand up' bit from Elevation. I also love how in every full band version(everything minus PopMart I guess), Edge seems to do a little jig during his solo. And it hasn't changed. From Red Rocks to the last Boston show -- he's still got it.

Last edited:
Every version of SBS is brilliant imo, they always seem to add something to it...

I really like the Popmart version because it's unique, quite beautiful. But I think my favourite is Vertigo tour - at my show (Chicago 1) they played it right after New Year's Day, perfect segue imo, and it seemed to have a lot of guts, even moreso than Elevation...and then during the bridge Bono sang a BEAUTIFUL segment of some song (I don't know if he made it up or what?? something about Father Abraham...), it was just gorgeous, then the coexist thing, then NO MORE! and then back into the rock...amazing.

The performance on the Rattle and Hum DVD is definitely up there, too.

Bono sang a BEAUTIFUL segment of some song (I don't know if he made it up or what?? something about Father Abraham...), it was just gorgeous, then the coexist thing, then NO MORE! and then back into the rock...amazing.

Yea, I have heard that before in one of their songs.. maybe off of HTDAAB or a live performance ive watched recently.. Anyone know what its from? Its gonna bug me now

Back
Top Bottom