Sunday Bloody Sunday has lost its "Edge"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi guys, I'm new to this site so forgive me if I'm dragging up old arguments, but I've checked each post on this thread and no-one has bothered to mention that U2 continue to please their fans by playing these old classics night after night, tour after tour. Anyone who's been to a Van Morrison concert in the last 20 years will know exactly what I'm talking about:eyebrow: - he refuses to play most of his greatest hits and the more the fans harrass him with requests, the moodier and more awkward he gets!! I'm also going to an Eric Clapton concert in April and apparently he's like that too (these artists just play whatever they feel like playing, and seem to forget that the fans have paid extortionate prices for the concert tickets, merchandise and travel costs). :tsk: :eyebrow: :shame: At least U2 will play enough of their old classics (as well as a good share of new material) to keep ALL their fans happy and so everyone feels like they've had value for money.:yes: :applaud:

how can it be edge's fault?!? can he play guitar no more??? unfortunately bono reaches the higher notes no more, sunday bloody sunday is not the only song which may sound a little bit wrong...i would say almost most of the songs, bono is no more the great singer of 1980-1993 :sad:

wolfwill23 said:
This song as well as NYD, Pride and WOWY is VERY tired. U2, please put these weak songs to bed.

PUT 'PRIDE' "TO BED".........ARE YOU NUTS!!!.....These songs are not weak, they are U2 classics, and I for one, like the memories they bring back when played.

When a song doesn't/or isn't played to our liking.....give'm a break. ...will ya? Edge, I believe, sang that as an accoustical solo. They (U2) need to experiment and do what they like.......or it's just bullshit for us...(Bono, not quoted, but pretty close)

I think these songs have has much, and enhance the shows just as the new material.........ahhhhh U2, don't resort to just "promoting the new stuff"......'cause the real fan junkies remember the old......that which is significant to where the band is today.

Wolfwill 23........this is just my die-hard love for U2 being expressed, and in no way, is directed any disrespect to your
preferences for songs...so please don't take it that way. I'm just responding to the question at hand as if the band "was going to read".....same as you.

Back
Top Bottom