Suggestions? Excellent Popmart and Elevation shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowlock

Refugee
Hello, I was wondering if ya'll could recommend some great Popmart and/or Elevation shows to get a hold of. I've got audio versions of Slane & Boston from Elevation, as well as Minneapolis. And I've got Hasta La Vista. What other great shows are out there? I'm looking for quality and performance more than particular songs off of a setlist. Anything really stand out from the crowd?

Last edited:
Good PopMart shows (essential ones in bold):
  • Las Vegas, 4/25--Mostly good as a novelty, really, since the performance is filled with fuck-ups.
  • Edmonton, 6/15--Get this if you want a good first-leg boot. They mostly have their ducks in a row at this point.
  • Sarajevo, 9/23--One of their best shows ever. Very emotional If you get just one PopMart show, I guess it shouldn't be this one since Bono loses his voice and it isn't really indicative of the whole tour, but why stop at one?
  • Tel Aviv, 9/30--Solid show. Probably one of the more carefree feeling shows of the tour. Just a great mood in the air.
  • Mexico City, 12/3--Probably the most well known PopMart show since the band re-released it a bunch of times. Very consistent, great audience.
  • Sao Paulo, 1/31--Just a great performance. Plus, you get "40." Great mix on this broadcast too.
  • Santiago, 2/11--Another show with a great vibe. Has "Bad" and "Mothers of the Disappeared." Probably the overall best show of the tour, so if you only get one, get this one.
There are a few other good soundboard/broadcast shows (like Leeds, Seattle, Buenos Aires, and Johannesburg) too, but the ones above are my favorites.

Last edited:
Hmm, santiago it is! I've got Mexico and it's great. Irving Plaza rocks, though the copy I have really sucks. I'm gonna have to track down a sound board, rather than the radio dub that I have.

Funny, you mention above the Las Vegas show... I saw that one on TV (I think it was hosted by Dennis Hopper??) and they sounded so bad that it turned me off on the whole tour!:banghead:

The October NYC show, is that the show where Bono says "Oh you look so beautiful tonight?"

Last edited:
What is the average price for a bootleg cd? Ive never bought one. I was at the Elevation Cleveland and saw it listed on a site as outstanding sound board that night, i wouldnt mind buying it. Is there anything to watch out for when you buy these?

BEVERLY56 said:
What is the average price for a bootleg cd? Ive never bought one. I was at the Elevation Cleveland and saw it listed on a site as outstanding sound board that night, i wouldnt mind buying it. Is there anything to watch out for when you buy these?

yes, watch out for people trying to sell them

you should be able to get it for free

Bootlegs are typically expensive, probably about 30 to 50 american and these are definately not studio quality recordings. Learn how to you torrents here: dessentDOTnet/btfaq/

It's just a way to download files rather than trying file sharing sites like kazaa. (I'm assuming your unfamiliar with this; but if you are familiar, my apologies.)

Once you've figured out how to down load them, try this site to get good shows: u2torrentsDOTcom/torrents-browseDOTphp

Lastly, downloading these shows, the files often come in different formats. How to work with (or convert) these formats can be found here:

userpagesDOTumbcDOTedu/~hamilton/shnfaq.html#tools

and here:

mikewrenDOTcom/flac/

PS, sorry for the "DOT's" but I guess I need to post 15 posts before I can link sites directly.

or just go to the trading forum and I'm sure there would be a nice interferencer who could do a B&P for you

For Popmart: love Santiago, Sao Paulo, and Sarajevo (for emotional reasons).

A couple that haven't been mentioned is Popmart Rotterdam and Leeds 8-28-97 (probably my favorite strictly performance wise)

BEVERLY56 said:
I would love to get 4 free but I have nothing to trade. (i'm a virgin)

which ones do you want? I could post a couple on the "music on the internet" forum.

Back
Top Bottom