Subscribing to HotPress?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Is it worth it??

I cannot find any of these issues anywhere- and I live near Boston, MA! I of course realllly want the birthday issue (which, if I understand correctly, is on stands now) and I know other issues not only usually have U2 content but are great informational reads about music.

Does anyone subscribe here? is it worth it? they told me it's 110 Euros for one year (eeks!) although I thought on the website it said $110 but either way.... :slant:

any opinions appreciated!!

I only have two copies of Hot Press but it's a great magazine. That is a lot of $$$ though to subscribe. It might be a bit of a teaser though, because it's full of Dublin concert info and such and man!! they got it going on over there. I only wish my town had the musical night life as that one does. :slant:

I totally agree, Angel! I am envious and in awe of the music that happens in that city- it just feels like something is always being born. What an exciting place to live!

Besides that.. they can get any European Magazine!! All we get is crappy RS! :mad:

:idea: the fact that I am willing to pay $115 for a subscription mainly to get my hands on this birthday edition should say something to anyone who can get me a copy!!! (heh, i won't exactly pay $115 for it but I WILL do my best to satisfy you!)

Olive, is there a Tower Records near you? I found the issue published right before the birthday issue yesterday at a Tower Records near my home.

I'm going to call the store within the next couple of days to find out when it arrives at the store, and if they can possibly save me a copy whenever it comes in.

Hope this helps...$110 IS a lot of money to shell out for a magazine that won't necessarily have U2 in every issue. The copy I have doesn't really mention them much at all, but it does have a Liam Gallagher interview.

oliveu2cm said:
I totally agree, Angel! I am envious and in awe of the music that happens in that city- it just feels like something is always being born. What an exciting place to live!

Besides that.. they can get any European Magazine!! All we get is crappy RS! :mad:

:idea: the fact that I am willing to pay $115 for a subscription mainly to get my hands on this birthday edition should say something to anyone who can get me a copy!!! (heh, i won't exactly pay $115 for it but I WILL do my best to satisfy you!)

Carrie, I'll get you one next month, k?? With the big U2 thingie in it... just cause you're my sis... :wink: LMAO

E-mail me your addy.

Spoon, spoon, spoon

CatDubh said:

Carrie, I'll get you one next month, k?? With the big U2 thingie in it... just cause you're my sis... :wink: LMAO

E-mail me your addy.

Spoon, spoon, spoon

boldblue.gif

Suzie!!! I am seriously jumping up and down!! thank you sooooooooooo much!!

:D:D:D
You have no idea how awesome this is of you! OK emailing you right now!

:adam: :heart:
cat.gif

Tower Records does seem to carry it for all you non-Irish kids out there. The one near me has the Liam Gallagher issue right now, but I'm planning on calling and calling until they get the 25th anniversary issue in (which should be in the next week or so).

I thought about subscribing as well and was a little scared by the $110 fee. I have not ever read Hot Press but do read Q and Mojo regularly, paying up to $9 at the newsstand for each, which is quite a lot of money but those magazines are really worth it to me (they are so superior to Rolling Stone and Spin it's ridiculous). Considering a Hot Press subscription includes 25 magazines, the actual per-issue price is about $5, quite a bit less than what I'm already paying for Q and Mojo.

Back
Top Bottom