Studio will be demolished

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...d=768&u=/nm/20020617/music_nm/ireland_u2_dc_1

DUBLIN (Reuters) - The Irish rock group U2 has lost a bid to prevent demolition of the studio where it recorded its latest award-winning album.

Ireland's Planning Board has been given the go-ahead for a redevelopment project that requires the razing of the studio, feted by the group as part of Ireland's musical heritage.

The studio, on Hanover Quay in Dublin, was used by U2 to record the Grammy-winning album "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and has been compared in significance to The Cavern Club in Liverpool, where the Beatles spent their early days.

More than 8,000 fans had signed an online petition ( www.saveu2studio.com) to preserve the studio, where the group also recorded some of its "Pop" album.

Dublin's Docklands Authority placed a compulsory purchase order on the property in August 2001 as a step toward demolishing the studio to create a public amenity on the quayside.

Fuk that for a game of soldiers!!!!!!!

Im well mad!!!!! The mofos!!!!!!!
:mad:

Taking down an important piece of Irish History? Ok ok so we all like to renew places and countries and cities, but for fuck sake, to remove important beautiful things to remind us - thats sooooooooooooooo not right, I know I wouldnt do it............

Theres a lot of buildings, beautiful old well-preserved, even vacant, unused buildings, goin back to the early 1900s here in Belfast bein knocked down to make way for brand new homes or buildings.......and it hurts......

It hurts cause I believe havin some bits of history in ur city/country can be a beautiful thing...............

thats me...........

:(

334763%3A%3B23232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323253825%3B%3C%3Aot1lsi

334763%3A%3B23232%7Ffp37%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3DXROQDF%3E2323253826232ot1lsi

U2 are so rich, can't they put their money together and buy it? :scream: and, what elevatedmole said:(

U2Kitten said:
U2 are so rich, can't they put their money together and buy it? :scream:

it wasn't a money thing...they own the building. It's like when your house is in the way of a highway the government is going to build. They pay you for it and kick you off your land. :( They fought it, but lost. *sigh*

It' sucks that they are tearing up the place, but I'm sure U2 already have there sights on somewhere else!! I think they will be okay though!!:sexywink:

I think they will regret tearing down the studio as it would have had alot of historical significance....it already does, and now they're tearing it down! Gosh, what a shame!!! :( :( :(

Just found this on u2.com- even though they are losing the building they are staying in the same area.

U2 have revealed that they will continue to record in Dublin's docklands despite the imminent redevelopment of Hanover Quay.

Arrangements have been made for the band to move their recording studios to a new building and details of the development will be announced in the next few weeks.

U2 have had recording studios in Hanover Quay since 1994 - the studio was used to record All That You Can't Leave Behind and parts of POP. But with the whole area now set to be redeveloped, the band will be moving to another location nearby.

Back
Top Bottom