Studio version of "Elevation"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
:huh:

Acoustic guitar mixed in there? Don't listen to repeated live versions of Elevation, then go to the studio... who ever thought of an acoustic guitar in the mix.

yes. There's an acoustic in there.

Alot of U2 songs have an acoustic guitar.

Ever hear the acoustic on "A Sort Of Homecoming"?

I love that choice - that funky little lick played on acoustic. Another neat choice is the fuzzed out acoustic on LAPOE.

A lot of people around here don't seem to really like the album version of Elevation, but I love it. Sure it's a bit slower, but it has a lot of great guitar sounds that the live versions and Tomb Raider version doesn't have.

Yea the Tomb Raider mix sounds like a....movie soundtrack. The only it has going for it is that it does not fade out in the ending.

mandrake said:
Yea the Tomb Raider mix sounds like a....movie soundtrack. The only it has going for it is that it does not fade out in the ending.

The Tomb Raider mix tried to be a full-power rock track but it failed because it's too produced (like the album version too) and it doesn't match with the point of turning it into a raw track.

The only decent version was on the Vertigo Tour. No background techno shit, my biggest pet peeve of Elevation and SIAMYCGOO.

I guess I'm stupid, but where is the acoustic in Elevation? Is it that melody (played through a wah) that you hear in the left channel during the second half of each verse? I don't hear anything else that sounds remotely acoustic.

greenlight7-11 said:
Still don't hear it, even on my (admittedly entry level, but still great) Sennheiser headphones.

You're hearing it. It's very upfront, it's not hidden at all.
It's not strumming acoustic guitar. It's a picked riff.

Then it must be the part I mentioned before, which can be heard in the left channel from 0:53 to 1:09, from 1:36 to 1:53 and from 2:35 to 2:52.

No one told me if I was correct the first time I mentioned that part, so I assumed I must have been wrong and needed to listen for something else.

Plus, mandrake sort of implied that this part was only occurring right after the bridge where the "a mole" part is really emphasized.

So do I have it figured out now?

Back
Top Bottom